Dr. Steven Santino MD Patient Reviews

2.8

January 2nd, 2014
pain management & wellness
Dr Santino changed my quality of life greatly! He looks at me as a whole, addresses all possible options and gives me ideas on changes I can make besides just meds, which he explains thoroughly pro & cons and addresses all my ?'s I feel Dr and Bev his asst truly care, like we're all working as a team! I can reach them so easily by phone, in between appts. with any issues and I never feel like a bother! They encourage me to contact them if I'm having any problems or questions. I've suffered from various medical problems for approx. 17yrs and he is hands down the best pain Dr I've ever had! He's one of those special Dr' s your so lucky to find, he's changed my life! I'll never forget them and they have already made an amazing impact & difference, they give me so much encouragement to help stay positive and at least be open, give all options consideration. I've only seen him for six months so far! I'm amazed at how much my quality of life has changed for the better already! I truly have no complaints, I just feel blessed! Anyone in need of the care he provides I believe would feel amazed, in my opinion he's the best in his field! In my lifetime I've had at least experience well over 12+ Dr's for pain management after surgeries and chronic conditions. I've had over 20+ surgeries and over 5+ chronic pain conditions I will always have. I hope he is able to treat me the rest of my life, I don't ever want to change to anyone else! With Dr Santino and the other wonderful team of Dr's I have now, I'm confident I will have the best quality of life for the rest of my life! For me he was the missing piece of the puzzle that I desperately needed! He's an excellent Doctor I would trust him with my life, and any of my family and friends life or care! I recommend him to anyone needing the care he provides!!

October 16th, 2013
I wish I'd done some research before seeing him!
I've learned my lesson. If I'd looked up reviews before getting an appointment with Dr. Santino I probably would have saved myself a lot of stress and added pain. He wasn't very personable, and almost every time I spoke I would have to repeat what I said because he kept asking "what" after everything I said. He barely ever looked at me. The doctor I was seeing quit and he was recommended by my primary doctor for chronic pain after the one I'd been seeing quit. I have a birth deformity that has caused me increasing pain throughout my life and I also have Fibromyalgia. After trying many treatment options my previous doctor had started me on opiad pain killers. I was starting to get relief but I was on a low dose and they quickly lost effectiveness. For weeks Dr. Santino talked about prescribing me stronger pain meds once I used up the month's supply I had on hand. Only when the date came for him to give me the prescription he changed his mind and told me he wasn't going to increase my medication. He deliberately put my body into withdrawal causing me to be in even more pain. When I called to tell him my medication wasn't working, the nurse called me back to say he wanted me to just continue taking it as instructed. His focus during our appointments seemed to be more on counting my medication, reminding me that if I use more than instructed and run out before I'm due for a refill that it's my problem, and every bi-weekly appointment he asked me if I'd been convicted of drug or alcohol offenses. I would not recommend Dr. Santino to anyone. He's very uncaring and treats you like you're an addict looking for drugs. I've been in so much more pain after seeing him.

April 16th, 2013
Back problems and Joint pain
I definately would not recommend Dr. Steven Santino for anything. I have terrible back pain and knee pain right now which is affecting my work. He did nothing to help me understand what is wrong. He told me I needed to quit smoking right now or here's the door. As if it were that easy. I already know smoking is bad and I'm a little overweight. He didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. He made an assumption I was only there for pain killers! Never did I bring up pain killers, in fact that is the last thing I want is a prescription. Dr. Santino litterally had me in tears before I left. I was so distraught I called him a jerk in front of the nurse and said I would never come back here.

March 12th, 2013
I visited Dr. Sabrina just today for an appointment regarding my suboxone treatment. I had slipped up a little and did a but more than my prescribed dose, and instead of understanding that this is my first form of opioid dependency treatment ever, he sent me off with a script for 30 tablets... that I can't fill for another 2 days. I have a daughter to take care of, not to mention a full-time job to tend to. I just don't understand why he wouldn't compromise with me.. AD all. If he really wanted to help me, he wouldn't have just sent me off...