A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Scheer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Scheer, Sleep Medicine Specialist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Scheer, MD is board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Disorders (Circadian Rhythm)
Education & Awards
Dr. Scheer graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Scheer has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scheer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 13 plans