A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Scherer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Scherer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Scherer, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Demyelinating Diseases
- Hereditary Motor and Sensory Neuropathies
- Nerve Degeneration
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Scherer graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Scherer has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Graduate Hospital
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scherer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven S. Scherer practice?
Dr. Steven Scherer practices Neurology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Neurologists.