Dr. Steven Shanbom MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 17th, 2017
Cataract Surgery
I could not be more satisfied with my results and the staff!

April 17th, 2017
Very professional. Surgery was very good and the people were outstanding.

September 10th, 2015
Rude front office staff
Dr. Murad was pleasant and professional but the staff answering the phones and those that work in the office seem to really dislike their jobs. They are not cordial or friendly. I am taking my business elsewhere.

November 23rd, 2011
Extremely Grateful
My experience with Dr. Shanbom was nothing short of fantastic. His entire staff is highly attentive and he is marvelous. He is a true professional and his confidence shines through that you can not help but feel at ease. I was very nervous about getting Lasik but as I look back on those feelings, that was a waste of energy. The inescapable conclusion is that it is a direct result of Dr. Shanbom's skill and demeanor. I now do not have to wear glasses for the first time in over 20 years and I am very thankful. The entire process went very well and that is a testament to Dr. Shanbom and his staff. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering this procedure.

November 11th, 2011
SO Happy!
I'm 51 years old, and I've known of my cataracts for over 10 years, but I'd never been told that my vision was probably being affected by them. I only knew that it would be, in time. Since I'd already met my insurance deductible this year, I decided, on the recommendation of Dr. Grudin, at the Somerset Lenscrafters, to see Dr. Shanbom. He agreed that my cataracts would only get worse, and I may as well have it done now, while I'm on the younger side. I can't even find adequate words to describe my delight in my "new" eyes. The fog has lifted; Colors are intense, beautiful, and vivid; Everything's in HD; There are individual leaves on the trees! I could go on, but you get the idea. The doctor and entire staff were kind, efficient, respectful, and patient. The "above and beyond" treatment I got was so wonderful. They even have a specialty coffee maker and cookies in the waiting rooms at all times. Obviously, I would highly recommend Dr. Shanbom to anyone who needs to have cataract surgery. It was painless, quick, and made such an incredible difference in my vision. Even though I still need readers, print, pictures, and monitors are SO much clearer, because the cloud is gone. I would also trust him with any other surgery--lasik, etc.I encourage everyone with cataracts to have the surgery sooner, rather than later. No regrets here. Just gratitude.

June 11th, 2011
Dr. shanbom and his staff were great. I would recommend them to anyone who needs cateract surgery. You are treated with kindness and respect. It has opened up a whole new world to me. I can see without glasses except for reading. I feel young again. The best thing I have ever done for myselt.

April 21st, 2011
Have been treated by Dr Shanbom for over 10 years and have recommended him to many friends who have also become his patients.I wish every physicians office ran as smoothly with so much consideration and time, his staff puts you at ease from the first visit. He's a jewel!!

July 16th, 2017