Dr. Steven Shaneyfelt MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2014
Mixed Feelings
I had mixed feelings after seeing Dr. Shaneyfelt because although he seems very professional and knowledgeable, he has a horrible and offputting bedside manner. As a college student with no science background and depressing medical issues for my age, I felt extremely uncomfortable in his presence during the appointment and before and after my upper endoscopy. He spends very little time with his patients, and didn't even apparently bother to go over my charts before entering the exam room because he sat there for a while reading. Overall, he managed to address one of my 2 major problems, but completely ignored the other, which I believe to be unrelated. Last but not least, after the endoscopy he sends you an impersonal letter that discusses the results. This letter was filled with technical scientific jargon and was extremely hard to understand. Luckily I have a boyfriend in the microbiology program who was able to decode the letter for me. Extremely dissapointed with my experience and the money I spent going here.

April 15th, 2011
Staff is terrible!
Dr. Shaneyfelt seems to be a caring, smart doctor. He spent a good deal of time during my office visit asking questions and explaining different courses of treatment. I have no idea what's wrong with me... I received a letter that said it was "of the utmost importance" that I have a follow up visit with the Doctor. Of course, I had to wait over a month for an appointment. When the day came, there was a huge snowstorm and I couldn't make it over the pass from Livingston to Bozeman, so I called to let them know. I was told I would have to wait another month to reschedule. I asked if the Doctor could just call me during the time that I was supposed to see him since it was of the "utmost importance" and was told that that wasn't their policy. The person I was speaking to on the phone was condescending and lacked any ability to think for herself. She was, is, an idiot.

October 24th, 2016