Dr. Steven Shotts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 21 reviews

November 6th, 2015
What a Great Doctor!
Outstanding doctor who is kind, compassionate, and attentive. Takes a personal interest. He is the best ENT ever!

January 23rd, 2015
Best ENT ever
Dr Shotts is seriously one of the best, most knowledgeable, thorough, and skilled doctors I've ever met and we are so fortunate to have him in Louisville. He has helped me and so many of my family members, even doing sinus surgery for two who had zero pain or issues after. I had to post a review today after his office worked me in last minute in response to severe prolonged sickness and pain. While urgent cares and clinics were quick to dismiss as allergies, Dr Shotts used a scope to discover a significant sinus infection that three other doctors completely misdiagnosed. Thanks to him I'm finally on the rod to recovery. Can't say enough good things. Probably the only doctor in whom I have full confidence and trust.

December 26th, 2014
Best ENT in the country
Dr. Shotts is a very professional and skilled ENT. I have seen him for my sinus issues and have taken my children to see him, too. As a clinician, he is quick but listens and is very dedicated to his profession. As a surgeon, he is magnificent. I've had sinus surgery before and it was the worst recovery imaginable. Dr. Shotts did my corrective sinus surgery and I recovered without needing ANY pain medication! His bedside manner before surgery was a little rushed, but I prefer lack of bedside manner with expert surgery skills any day. He also misdiagnosed my toddler son's sinus infection as acid reflux, but antibiotics from his pediatrician cured my son's chronic cough, but that was very unusual for Dr. Shotts. I think he was trying to be conservative and my son being little was difficult to get a culture. I would recommend Dr. Shotts for any and all ENT needs, even pediatric. He's very good with little ones.

March 29th, 2014
Great ENT doctor!
I would recommend Dr. Shotts to anyone looking for an ENT. His staff is great and he is very attentive.

February 7th, 2014
Great ENT doctor!
I only wish Dr. Shotts was a family practitioner! I’d use him for everything!

February 2nd, 2014
Great experience
Excellent operation. Appointments ran on-time or ahead of time. From the check in to the paperwork and all the assorted information taking, Dr. Shotts and everyone in his office was courteous and efficient.

October 24th, 2013
Interactions as a Nurse and Mother of a Patient
In my career as an RN, I had the opportunity to work with the various otolaryngologists at Advanced ENT and Allergy, including Dr. Steven Shotts. Although I have not worked at the practice in the past 2.5 years, now working at a Level I Trauma Center, I was employed there for 4 years. I had multiple opportunities to observe the interactions Dr. Shotts had with his patients across the age continuum. He had a dedication to best practices, always looking at innovative ways to improve both the patient experience and services/procedures that could be offered conveniently in the office for his patients. He took time to improve his techniques and interpersonal skills, and was dedicated to providing excellent care. I can recall a time when my oldest son was involved in a research study at ADVENTA and he needed to be seen. Dr. Shotts was willing to work my son into his busy schedule. Dr. Shotts left an impression on him, and he appreciated the conversations Dr. Shotts was willing to have with him to make him feel at ease.

August 19th, 2013
Dr. Shotts changed my life
I have lived with chronic allergies for as long as I can remember. I've been to allergists and have tried all of the medications, without noticeable improvement. I initially saw Dr. Shotts for a consultation regarding a septal deviation. I literally could not sleep towards my wife without feeling like I was going to suffocate, and I was constantly fatigued. During my evaluation with Dr. Shotts, my chronic allergy suffering was discussed. This led Dr. Shotts to evaluate more in depth with a CT of my sinuses, which determined I actually had chronic sinusitis in addition to my septal deviation. My allergy testing showed severe allergies. Dr. Shotts took the time to really explain what all of my test results meant as well as my options for treatment. I decided sinus surgery, septum repair, and allergy treatments (immunotherapy) were the way to go. I have never regretted my decision. I honestly can breathe like I never knew possible, and I sleep like a baby. The allergy treatments have only added to the success. I visit people's homes for a living and used to dread entering a home with pets. I would sneeze for hours and feel horrible for the rest of the day. Now, I can enter a home with cats and dogs and leave without even a sneeze. I would and do recommend Dr. Shotts to any and everyone. He is a smart man who gets my vote of confidence any day.

August 12th, 2013
Not interested in the individual situation
Original experience for ear infections for my son was a good experience, but noticed that the doctors bedside manner was minimal. Future appointments were not personal and pushed towards more surgery without talking about the cause or other options. Now comes across more arrogant than originally experienced. And doesn't seem to review charts before seeing you. Recommended a surgery he had already performed the previous year.

April 27th, 2013
Tumor Removal
Both Dr Shotts and his staff were excellent. He correctly diagnosed a tumor on my neck, and carefully explained the risks and benefits of surgery. I chose surgery, which thankfully went very well. Prior to surgery, he patiently answered dozens of questions honestly. Follow up phone calls and appointments checked on my recovery. During the entire process, I felt that he and his staff were sincerely compassionate, and cared about my best interests. I had no facial paralysis or disfigurement, and the scar on my neck has faded to the point of hardly being noticeable. I would strongly recommend him to any friend or family member.

March 20th, 2013
Wonderful physician
Dr. Shotts is an excellent surgeon! My recovery time from my T & A was minimal without any complications and almost zero discomfort. I would highly recommend Dr. Shotts to anyone needing an ears nose and throat or allergy specialist!

January 27th, 2013
The Best
I've seen Dr. Shotts for a few years now. He's the best ENT doc around. I recommend that if you are in need of an ear, nose or throat doc, he's your man!