A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Shoum:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Shoum is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Shoum, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology and Anesthesiology - Pain Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Shoum graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Shoum has 3 hospital affiliations:
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
- South Nassau Communities Hospital
- St Charles Hospital & Rehab Ctr.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shoum accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven M. Shoum practice?
Dr. Steven Shoum practices Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, and Pain Medicine near Oceanside, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Rockville Centre, NY and Valley Stream, NY.
See Oceanside Anesthesiologists and Oceanside Pain Management Doctors.