Board Certified Cosmetic Laser Surgeon

4625 Churchill St
Ste 211
Saint Paul, MN 55126
952-922-9999
Locations and availability (4)

|  Ms.  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2014

Dr. Shu did a wonderful job on my facial problem. Before treating by him, I had a lot of dark spots on my face. After two times of laser therapy by him and one of his assistants, most of my dark spots have resolved. Now I feel much better and younger.

|  Shu is a very caring and confident cosmetic surgeon  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2014

I had the Profractional peel and skin treatment last year and the South Beach Peel this month at Shu Cosmetic Surgery. I am very pleased with the results!!! I am extremely happy with the warm environment and excellent customer service there. Dr. Shu is a very caring and confident cosmetic surgeon who always patiently explains everything to me. I am impressed by his tireless spirit that always adopts new ideas, new techniques, and new technologies on cosmetic surgery. Therefore, I plan to have more cosmetic surgery done at Shu Cosmetic Surgery soon.

|  I have been very pleased with the results  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2014

I have had several surgical procedures completed by Dr. Shu, and I have been very pleased with the results.

|  HEART FELT THANKS to Dr. Shu for excellent care!  |  show details
by Elinor Cheung on Mar 17th, 2014

I first discovered the lipoma on my back 10 years ago, about the size of a small scallop. By spring 2013, it had grown to the size of a Chore Boy scouring pad, about 3 1/ 2'' diameter. I was experiencing some random discomfort now and then. My primary physician scheduled me for general sedation and surgery at St. John's Hospital in Maplewood. TWICE. I would make and attend the appointments. But I just couldn't go through with the procedure and would then cancel. The procedure was so intrusive and I would end up with scarring on my back over 4 inches long@ I consulted with an Uncle, who has practiced internal medicine in Canada, for almost 50 years. He advised me to find a plastic surgeon and try liposuction or one of the new minimally invasive procedures. This past summer, I went on the internet looking for a plastic surgeon, saw Dr. Shu's ad, and phone for an appointment. From the first office visit, I knew I was in the right place. The procedure was amazing. Dr. Shu and his staff are so caring and I felt comfortable and in good hands throughout the process. Under local anesthesia, Dr. Shu skillfully worked to remove the lipoma through a small incision. I was in and out of the office in about an hour. Recovery was uneventful and painless. I didn't even need to return for removing sutures or other purposes. I was so happy with the result, I later returned for the removal of a small cyst on my upper eye lid. Again, the procedure was simple, straightforward, and painless. I totally recommend Dr. Shu for these types of procedures, particularly in preference over any other more traditional or standard treatments or practices. HEART FELT THANKS to Dr. Shu for excellent care!

|  Dr. Shu is a wonderful patient advocate  |  show details
by Kristi Simmons on Mar 16th, 2014

Dr. Shu and his staff are wonderful. I knew exactly what was going to happen in my procedure which eased my anxiety. Dr. Shu is a wonderful patient advocate, I wanted more than the usual fat transfer amount (the biggest he has done so far) and he advocated for me and we got it accomplished! VERY impressed with results so far and have already told my friends about Dr. Shu.

|  Highly Recommended!  |  show details
by Debbie K on Aug 4th, 2013

I had a mini face lift and went in to it with realistic expectations but the results were even better then expected! Before I had this done, I did research on many Doctors and what impressed me about Dr Shu is everything I saw was excellent ratings. Well I can see why. Everything was just as I read. Dr Shu is amazing!! Besides his obvious excellence at what he does, he and his staff is so nice, and so caring. They take the time to answer any questions at any time no matter how busy they are and it is evident that they truly care about their patients. I will definitely be a repeat customer. There are so many other services that he provides that I want to do once I save for them. You will not be sorry if you go to Dr Shu and his staff to have any of the services that they offer performed. I guarantee it!

|  Dr. Shu has golden hands and a big heart!  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

I am an RN in the ICU of one of the largest metro hospitals. I have had numerous cosmetic surgeries as well as medical procedures performed by Dr. Shu. I am continuously amazed at the quality of care, amount of concern and unending patience extended to me despite the endless questions about each and every mark on my skin and just every minor concern in general. Nobody ever makes me feel that my concerns and questions are anything but important. Dr. Shu’s pre-operative meetings are informative, relaxing and I leave the office with a total lack of concerns and questions. You have golden hands and a big heart to go with them as you extend constant compassion and display endless patience. It does not go unnoticed that you listen to your patients and manage to perform miracles even when they request you work with a budget. I know how much you did for me and it is more than appreciated. So an ends my survey, but what I hope will never be an end to my relationship with the One Stop Medical Center. J.F. St Paul

Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Shu and staff were always friendly, knowledgable and on time. I feel that I was treated with respect and my concerns were addressed as they arose. The recovery time didn't take very long, as explained before-hand. The end result looked great and I am a satisfied customer. I would refer friends to Dr. Shu.

|  Everything is five star!  |  show details
by Laura P on Feb 13th, 2013

I am very happy with Dr. Shu and his wonderful assistants and staff. The procedure went smooth and the results are more than expected. Follow up is wonderful. I would not consider going anywhere else. The people,cost, the results, everything is five star!

|  Happy with benign tumor removal from front head  |  show details
by John Wang on Jan 27th, 2013

I have a benign tumor in my front head for over 5 years and it keep growing slowing. I was not sure where was the best place to go and then got an opportunity to meet and talk to Dr. Shu in person. I made appointment and he removed the benign tumor from my front head. A year passed and you cannot tell that I had a surgery in my front head. Cannot be happier. I would highly recommend Dr. Steven Shu.

|  I regret not seeing Dr. Shu from the beginning  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

I had suffered through and recovered from a liposuction procedure elsewhere that was a complete nightmare with several complications in recovery. I was definitely not satisfied with the work done and I decided to visit Dr. Shu for a consultation. I was completely impressed by his expertise and felt completely at ease with his knowledge of the subject. He advised that I needed more lipo and a mini tummy tuck to repair the work previously done. I knew that I was not an easy case, after 4 pregnancies with 2 cesarean sections, my age of 61 and the previous liposuction has left me with loose skin and areas of scarred fat that would not go away.Once I scheduled the appointment, everything completely as planned. The procedure was quick, professional and much than I anticipated. I was utterly amazed at the ease of recovery this time and the professionalism of all the personnel involved in my procedure. Five days after the procedure, the outcome has already made a tremendous change in my torso and, I know that once I have completely recuperated, it will be a definite improvement of a condition that I have lived with for over 40 years. I can actually consider wearing a two piece bathing suit.I regret not seeing Dr. Shu from the beginning and would recommend him to anyone interested in any kind of elective cosmetic surgery. He is an expert in his field, meticulous in his work and completely honest. I will definitely continue to use his services for all my needs.

Nov 5th, 2012

My experience at Shu Cosmetics was great. The staff were friendly and willing to answer any questions I had. Dr. was great as well. He always was thorough with questions and my procedure. With Dr. Shu's work, I am now able to wear the swimsuit of my choice with no embarrassment. Overall, this place is fantastic!

Aug 27th, 2012

I have had two cosmetic procedures performed by Dr. Steven Shu and each expeerience was very good- I felt nervous with anticipation but the staff assisting Dr. Shu were so professional but yet kind that it put whatever fears I had to rest. I am highly satisfied with the whole experience to beginning to end. I would highly recommend Dr. Steven Shu.

|  Gretchen Unger, Ph.D.  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Dr. Shu is a very careful, conservative and caring surgeon who has an eye for the aesthetic. Dr. Shu has a number of years of academic research behind him and is very good with slightly more complicated cases, eg cancer survivors, etc. I actually enjoy going to the clinic. :-). How funny is that?

Jul 1st, 2012

All the staff at Shu Cosmetic Surgery are great! They are friendly, polite and professional. I trust Dr. Shu. He really cares about his patients and wants the best results possible for them. I would recommend him to friends and family members.

|  It is really a one stop clinic  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr, Shu is a highly trained in multiple disciplines.HE\e is very knowledgeable passionate and patient centered. He is our family physician and I would recommend anyone to him without reservation.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

I did liposuction in Shu Cosmetic Surgery last week. Absolutely great experience. Doctor Shu and his staff are friendly and caring. The surgery went smoothly and the result is outstanding!

Jun 19th, 2012

Dr Shu and his staff are wonderful caring individuals. They see to your every need. I had liposuction on my abdomen and I 'm very satisfied with the result.

|  Teresa54  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

If you are looking for any kind of medical procedure, this would be the first placed I'd go. The level of friendliness combined with the professionalism makes this a place you can feel at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Shu.

|  Very satisfied  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

The staff here was extremely professional and friendly; they made me feel at ease and were very helpful with answering my questions about the procedure. The facilities are great, and results have been fantastic so far.

May 21st, 2012

Loved ths staff and Dr Shu. everyone made me feel very comfortable before and during my procedure. Dr Shu is great at what he does and I love the results. Everyone here is so friendly. I would reccomend this clinic to anyone considering cosmetic procedures.

May 18th, 2012

Awesome facility - Dr Shu and the staff are top notch.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Dr. Shu is a skilled and capable surgeon. He and his staff have a warm and inviting demeanor that creates a family-like atmosphere. I will return to Dr. Shu's office and recommend to him to my family and friends.

|  Strong recommend for fat transfer procedure  |  show details
May 13th, 2012

I have always wanted to increase my breasts' size by nature, not implants. When I heard that it was possible to remove fat from one area and put it in the breasts, I immediately contacted Dr. Shu. It was the best decision I have ever made. I got double befenits - got rid of unwanted fat and increased the size of breasts without implants. The procedure was very successful and I'm very happy of my body's looking.

|  Very Comfortable  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

My entire experience at Shu Cosmetic Surgery has been nothing but pleasant! From the time I walked in the door, his staff was very friendly and helpful. Dr. Shu took his time and answered my questions and concerns. On the day of my cosmetic procedure, the nurses made sure I knew what would be happening to me. Not only do I highly recommend Dr. Shu, but I LOVE my new look! Thank you Dr. Shu and your staff for taking such good care of me!