Dr. Steven Sicher MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

September 5th, 2011
He might be a very smart doctor, but I didn't feel like he understood my problem
Went in complaining of dry eyes. He told me he "sees this a lot in post menopausal women" (I'm 35) and that I needed tear duct plugs. When I said that didn't feel right to me and asked what other options were out there, he told me none. Come to find out, I have inflammatory bowel disease and the eye inflammation is related to that. If he had asked more questions about my overall health, he may have suggested I get checked out by a gastroenterologist and I could have gotten to the bottom if my health problems before they became severe. I'm sure this doctor has a lot of knowledge, but I didn't feel like he listened to me as an expert on myself and I feel like he just wasn't interested in explaining anything or looking further for a solution once he had decided what the solution should be. I never followed up with him because I just didn't think my eye dryness was caused by an unexplained inability to produce enough tears, and I certainly wasn't willing to accept that I should accept the same treatment as all those post-menopausal women he referred to. I need to feel like a doctor understands what the underlying problem is before I feel confident in their ability to prescribe the correct course of action to help symptoms improve.

April 30th, 2016