Dr. Steven Simons MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 21st, 2014
Educator
On my first visit, Dr. Simons walked in, did not say hello, but said, " I am going to stop taking patients with HMO insurance." Needless to say, I was shocked because I had HMO insurance. He also prescribed me Hydrochlorothiazide and Naproxon when I came in to see him for difficulty breathing. I never took the medicine, because I did not need a diuretic, and because the two prescriptions should not be taken together. I left never knowing what was wrong with me. Eventually, my breathing issue subsided within a few days. His bedside manner is rude, hurtful, and mean.

July 30th, 2012
Patient received the wrong diagnosis from the office staff after calling 4 times for the results that had not been given as told. After the correct diagnosis was given a year later by an ER Doctor, the clerk from Dr. Simons' office was extremely abusive when she answered. She belittled people to the point that she spelled out simple words, making patients (that are already in pain) feel stupid. Very unhappy with the office staff and will definitely change doctor.

August 23rd, 2011
Coasting
Dr. Simons is coasting through his years before retirement. He clearly has no interest in seeing HMO patients, which makes me curious why he'd even accept HMOs if that's the case. He's all too happy to hand off your problem to another doctor - and while that's great as far as efficiency getting to a specialist, it's not useful if you have an immediate problem. As an example - I came in with severe GI issues, which he called food poisoning. He ran blood and sent me home with antibiotics. A week later I was no better, called the office, and was told (by a receptionist) "he saw your test results, if there was something wrong, he'd have called you". I was referred to a specialist. The specialist told me:1) the antibiotic I was prescribed was useless because it's aerobic and he wanted it to work in an anaerobic environment2) my history showed no reason to think it was food poisoning, but was more likely a result of overseas travel3) my bloodwork showed CLEAR signs of infection and inflammation4 months, 3 scopes, and 15 pounds later, I was finally given the all clear by my GI team (who by the way were awesome). Dr Simons washed his hands of me and my HMO money pretty quickly.

November 8th, 2009
Excellent Doctor!
Dr. Simons has been my doctor for over 13 years and I've always found him to be thorough and thoughtful. I almost stumped him once, but he got me into see a specialist around the corner from his office and in minutes we had an answer. I truly couldn't ask for better care.

June 13th, 2008