Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent care from an excellent Dr show details Excellent care from an excellent Dr
Mar 16th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Sonderheimer for a few months and he is excellent. I can get an appointment exactly when I need it (even on Sundays) and there is never a wait. The staff is so professional and friendly. The Dr. always remembers me, my health history and issues every time I go back. He will call after an appointment to check up on me no matter how what our appointment entailed. He even called me once to check on me b/c I had car trouble on the way to an appointment and wanted to make sure my car was ok! He's the kindest person, I can't say enough about him. Infertility is a sensitive topic and he explains every thing in a way you can understand and lays out all options. I wish every doctor's office was as well organized and efficient.

Couldn't ask for more show details Couldn't ask for more
by MFB on Oct 25th, 2013

After visiting another fertility specialist who immediately wanted to steer me to IVF, I was cautiously optimistic about meeting Dr. Sondeheimer. About 5 minutes into our meeting, my fears were gone. He pressed to get relevant information, but was empathetic and caring when I discussed my past miscarriage and fears about not being able to conceive. He listened to my ideas, corrected me where I was misinformed, and decided on a plan of action that was appropriate for our situation. In short, everything a good physician should do. He did not try and steer me towards IVF-in fact, he did the opposite and told me that we still have some time and don't need to be concerned yet. The staff is very friendly and kind and Dr. Sondheimer's nurse, Rie, is amazing. They always call back within the same business day and don't leave you hanging.

Great Doctor, Poor Staff show details Great Doctor, Poor Staff
Jul 12th, 2013

I adore Dr. Sondheimer. I have a complex case, he has been very supportive and explained all of our options and respected any decisions that we have made as a couple. He has also taken time to explain the challenges I am facing. Unfortunately on the other hand his staff is quick to remind you that you are only one of a number of patients. It is not uncommon for them either give you an answer to placate you (someone will call you within the hour) or just outright tell you that they are too busy to be bothered with answering questions or responding to any concerns. Seems almost shocking to them that someone with infertility issues as well as other overriding health issues would want to know something silly like their HCG levels or even if they are pregnant, ovulating etc. It's a shame there isn't an adequate amount of staff to allow for treating patients as well as the doctors do, or even just like people suffering from the very frustrating throes of infertility would be a vast improvement.

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
Sep 15th, 2011

While Dr.Sondheimer seems quite competent Penn Fertility care at 1700 Market is a factory with a high volume of patients the doctors spend only a few minutes with you. I've been going there for a year and I'm sure the doctors and nurses don't even know my name much less have any idea of my specific medical problems. Going through something as stressful as infertility I would recommend finding a place where you're not just a number. Even if they have great research labs it does you no good if there is no attention given to your specific situation. I would really consider other options before going to Penn Fertility.