Dr. Steven Sondheimer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Sondheimer?

February 4th, 2016

We are talking quite a few years when I had to go through IVF to have my 3 beautiful girls. My husband and I can't say enough about Dr. Sondheimer and his team. EXCELLENT!! My oldest is now 20 and my other two (twins) are 17. Love, Love, Love Dr. Sondheimer.

December 29th, 2015

Medically, Dr. Sondheimer is excellent. However the Penn system is very difficult to deal with.

March 16th, 2015

Excellent care from an excellent Dr

I've been seeing Dr. Sonderheimer for a few months and he is excellent. I can get an appointment exactly when I need it (even on Sundays) and there is never a wait. The staff is so professional and friendly. The Dr. always remembers me, my health history and issues every time I go back. He will call after an appointment to check up on me no matter how what our appointment entailed. He even called me once to check on me b/c I had car trouble on the way to an appointment and wanted to make sure my car was ok! He's the kindest person, I can't say enough about him. Infertility is a sensitive topic and he explains every thing in a way you can understand and lays out all options. I wish every doctor's office was as well organized and efficient.

October 25th, 2013

Couldn't ask for more

After visiting another fertility specialist who immediately wanted to steer me to IVF, I was cautiously optimistic about meeting Dr. Sondeheimer. About 5 minutes into our meeting, my fears were gone. He pressed to get relevant information, but was empathetic and caring when I discussed my past miscarriage and fears about not being able to conceive. He listened to my ideas, corrected me where I was misinformed, and decided on a plan of action that was appropriate for our situation. In short, everything a good physician should do. He did not try and steer me towards IVF-in fact, he did the opposite and told me that we still have some time and don't need to be concerned yet. The staff is very friendly and kind and Dr. Sondheimer's nurse, Rie, is amazing. They always call back within the same business day and don't leave you hanging.

July 12th, 2013

Great Doctor, Poor Staff

I adore Dr. Sondheimer. I have a complex case, he has been very supportive and explained all of our options and respected any decisions that we have made as a couple. He has also taken time to explain the challenges I am facing. Unfortunately on the other hand his staff is quick to remind you that you are only one of a number of patients. It is not uncommon for them either give you an answer to placate you (someone will call you within the hour) or just outright tell you that they are too busy to be bothered with answering questions or responding to any concerns. Seems almost shocking to them that someone with infertility issues as well as other overriding health issues would want to know something silly like their HCG levels or even if they are pregnant, ovulating etc. It's a shame there isn't an adequate amount of staff to allow for treating patients as well as the doctors do, or even just like people suffering from the very frustrating throes of infertility would be a vast improvement.

September 15th, 2011

Would not recommend

While Dr.Sondheimer seems quite competent Penn Fertility care at 1700 Market is a factory with a high volume of patients the doctors spend only a few minutes with you. I've been going there for a year and I'm sure the doctors and nurses don't even know my name much less have any idea of my specific medical problems. Going through something as stressful as infertility I would recommend finding a place where you're not just a number. Even if they have great research labs it does you no good if there is no attention given to your specific situation. I would really consider other options before going to Penn Fertility.

November 4th, 2015