Dr. Steven Spellman MD, OD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Newport News, VA

• Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2017
Dr. Spellman is professional and took the time to answer all my questions and listened to what I hoped the out comes would be. This helped me to understand what to expect during and after the cataract surgeries. I have worked with children in school since 1976 and now no longer need to push my glasses up when I bend over a child to help them or look around the classroom to find where I put my glasses. For the first time I 'm able to look over a child's shoulder and help them with their work and read the teaching materials WITH OUT GLASSES! Thank you Dr. Spellman!

June 28th, 2017
From the very first time I met with Dr. Spellman, he was honest with me about having Cataract surgery, he left it up to me, he said it would be a waste of money to buy new glasses. He is always happy, treats his patients with respect and is courteous. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.

June 15th, 2017
Two very successful cataract removals
Dr. Spellman removed and replaced my lens following recovery from a detached retina with tremendous success. A few months later he performed the second cataract removal in my second eye again with great success. He is very professional, engaging, and thoughtful. I was very impressed with this technicians and his office staff. They were all wonderful and professional. I highly recommend this office.

June 5th, 2017
I returned to Dr spellman office for my second eye prescription within a year. The third time Dr Spellman noted it was time to have my cateracs removed. The surgery was explained to me perfectly.my

May 19th, 2017
Everyone in Dr Spellman office are so very friendly and helpful. They explain the proceeds so that you understand what they are going to do. I would recommend Dr Spellman to my family and friends

May 7th, 2017
Patient care is outstanding
A Great Doctor would recommend to Anyone

May 3rd, 2017
Dr Spellman is an outstanding Ophthalmologist and I would highly recommend him to everyone. He performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes and implant surgery on my left eye to correct a astigmatism problem. These surgeries were performed in a very professional manner by Dr Spellman.

May 2nd, 2017
Cataract Surgery & Lens Implant
Dr Spellman and his staff were very caring and professional in dealing with my surgeries (both eyes). The pre-op was managed extremely well and the pre-surgical instructions were very clear which made the process very smooth. The wait times at the office were the most bothersome. The appointment would be scheduled for a particular time and generally you would not see the Dr. for at least 30 min. thereafter. If that could be relayed ahead of time to the patient, that would eliminate some of the frustration that develops while the patients is sitting in the waiting room, as a suggestion. For an example, we need you here at 8A to be seen at 8:30A by your provider, may be helpful.

May 1st, 2017
Everyone is very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.

February 3rd, 2017
I've been seeing Dr. Spellman for a number of years and am highly satisfied. Had lots of changes this last year with developing cataracts; recently had one removed and with lens to correct astigmatism. I was really nervous, but his positive attitude about the results gave me confidence. Though I know he's very busy, he always takes a few minutes for general conversation so I don't feel like just another number/patient; and answers questions. Staff is also very knowledgeable and helpful. Extremely pleased with surgery results and will have other eye done in a few months. Practice has also started texting appointment reminders--very helpful--as I don't always check voice mail.

January 27th, 2017
Outstandings services his practice provides.
I have been seeing Dr. Spellman for many years and have always had great treatment for my eyes as they kept changing over the years. Both my wife and I see him. He just recently operated on both my eyes, the results were outstanding. The surgery did everything that he said it would do.

December 16th, 2016
I'm very satisfied with the reception, examination, treatment and my new lenses.