Dr. Steven Spellman MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Newport News, VA

February 3rd, 2017
I've been seeing Dr. Spellman for a number of years and am highly satisfied. Had lots of changes this last year with developing cataracts; recently had one removed and with lens to correct astigmatism. I was really nervous, but his positive attitude about the results gave me confidence. Though I know he's very busy, he always takes a few minutes for general conversation so I don't feel like just another number/patient; and answers questions. Staff is also very knowledgeable and helpful. Extremely pleased with surgery results and will have other eye done in a few months. Practice has also started texting appointment reminders--very helpful--as I don't always check voice mail.

January 27th, 2017
Outstandings services his practice provides.
I have been seeing Dr. Spellman for many years and have always had great treatment for my eyes as they kept changing over the years. Both my wife and I see him. He just recently operated on both my eyes, the results were outstanding. The surgery did everything that he said it would do.

December 16th, 2016
I'm very satisfied with the reception, examination, treatment and my new lenses.

December 7th, 2016
Tommy Newberry
The best!! Just had cataract surgery and have never seen better. Amazing.

December 4th, 2016
Dr. Spellman has been my family's doctor for many years and I wouldn't trust our eyes to anyone else's care. He recently did a procedure on me by where he removed excess skin that was weighing on my eyelids. For me, it was a completely pain free experience and I have been enjoying the benefits of this procedure. I am very happy that I chose to have it done and am more pleased that Dr. Spellman took great care of me.

November 30th, 2016
Excellent result after cataract surgery. Couldn't be more pleased. Wore glasses since childhood, now don't need them except to read.

June 24th, 2016
Dr Spellman is knowledgeable, kind, talented, caring, helpful and personable Dr. I won't trust any other ophthalmologist with my eyesight. His staff reflects his calm and professional assistance. I am thankful for their service. A lot of his staff have been with Dr Spellman for many years. That itself is a quality measure.

May 25th, 2016
Very pleased with Dr. Spellman, his staff and the results of my cataract surgery.

May 21st, 2016
Reverand
The ease of appointment was wonderful, and the promptness was surprising. I had called in regarding a problem and the staff was very knowledgeable and courteous and told me the correct diagnosis. Later, I wanted to double check and made an appointment with Dr. Spellman and put me at ease right away and went beyond what was expected, showing me a video concerning my problem and came back to check to see if I understood it. No greater Doctor!

May 12th, 2016
I'm one happy patient ! Dr. Spellman did cataract surgery on both eyes , results are better than I could have hoped for. He and his staff are top notch. I'm 74 and have white coat syndrome and they put me at ease .

April 14th, 2016
Successful Cataract Surgery
I put off this surgery way too long, worrying about the process and outcome. But everything went so well. I'm glad I had it done. It was smart to have the good eye done first, like the doctor recommended.

February 20th, 2016
Cataract Surgery
Dr. Spellman was very informative in explaining the procedure and options to me. I received excellent care during the surgery and at post-op visits. I always felt I was in very competent hands with both the doctor and staff.