Dr. Steven Spellman MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Newport News, VA

May 18th, 2017
Everyone in Dr Spellman office are so very friendly and helpful. They explain the proceeds so that you understand what they are going to do. I would recommend Dr Spellman to my family and friends

May 7th, 2017
Patient care is outstanding
A Great Doctor would recommend to Anyone

May 3rd, 2017
Dr Spellman is an outstanding Ophthalmologist and I would highly recommend him to everyone. He performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes and implant surgery on my left eye to correct a astigmatism problem. These surgeries were performed in a very professional manner by Dr Spellman.

May 2nd, 2017
Cataract Surgery & Lens Implant
Dr Spellman and his staff were very caring and professional in dealing with my surgeries (both eyes). The pre-op was managed extremely well and the pre-surgical instructions were very clear which made the process very smooth. The wait times at the office were the most bothersome. The appointment would be scheduled for a particular time and generally you would not see the Dr. for at least 30 min. thereafter. If that could be relayed ahead of time to the patient, that would eliminate some of the frustration that develops while the patients is sitting in the waiting room, as a suggestion. For an example, we need you here at 8A to be seen at 8:30A by your provider, may be helpful.

May 1st, 2017
Everyone is very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.

February 3rd, 2017
I've been seeing Dr. Spellman for a number of years and am highly satisfied. Had lots of changes this last year with developing cataracts; recently had one removed and with lens to correct astigmatism. I was really nervous, but his positive attitude about the results gave me confidence. Though I know he's very busy, he always takes a few minutes for general conversation so I don't feel like just another number/patient; and answers questions. Staff is also very knowledgeable and helpful. Extremely pleased with surgery results and will have other eye done in a few months. Practice has also started texting appointment reminders--very helpful--as I don't always check voice mail.

January 27th, 2017
Outstandings services his practice provides.
I have been seeing Dr. Spellman for many years and have always had great treatment for my eyes as they kept changing over the years. Both my wife and I see him. He just recently operated on both my eyes, the results were outstanding. The surgery did everything that he said it would do.

December 16th, 2016
I'm very satisfied with the reception, examination, treatment and my new lenses.

December 7th, 2016
Tommy Newberry
The best!! Just had cataract surgery and have never seen better. Amazing.

December 4th, 2016
Dr. Spellman has been my family's doctor for many years and I wouldn't trust our eyes to anyone else's care. He recently did a procedure on me by where he removed excess skin that was weighing on my eyelids. For me, it was a completely pain free experience and I have been enjoying the benefits of this procedure. I am very happy that I chose to have it done and am more pleased that Dr. Spellman took great care of me.

November 30th, 2016
Excellent result after cataract surgery. Couldn't be more pleased. Wore glasses since childhood, now don't need them except to read.

June 24th, 2016
Dr Spellman is knowledgeable, kind, talented, caring, helpful and personable Dr. I won't trust any other ophthalmologist with my eyesight. His staff reflects his calm and professional assistance. I am thankful for their service. A lot of his staff have been with Dr Spellman for many years. That itself is a quality measure.