Dr. Steven Staehling MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 12th, 2016
Technical Illustrator/Writer
He is the best Dr. Ive ever had! Always enjoy seeing him! GREAT bedside manner and VERY personable!

April 2nd, 2015
Dr. Staehling
Dr. Staehling is very considerate, understanding, and patient. He is always in an upbeat mood and always has a smile on his face. He actually cares about his patients and their recovery.

June 3rd, 2013
Doc and staff in Plymouth
Overall mixed feelings about this doc and his staff. Have given it some time for our family (years, since we don't go often) and will likely be looking for a new. Some staff are great, and some staff unprofessional and the woman answering the phone recently has actually been rude (not the receptionist who has been there a long time, she is great). Doc is nice enough but I often feel like I leave this office with no real answers, and not a thorough exam at times; often it occurs very quickly and I feel like it something was just done (if at all), just to check it off a list. Doc is very hard to get into and I do see the P.A. at times and she is great. Doc does not seem at all comfortable with women's issues or with issues that may be more personal in nature, even with teens. I recognize that one must be one's own advocate these days in the medical arena, but I guess I like to feel like my doc is more in my corner than I have experienced from receiving services from this office. Our family will be searching for a new family doctor unfortunately.

May 29th, 2013
Rude and uncaring!
This man actually LAUGHED at me when I suggested I may have a certain ailment! He is rude and VERY arrogant!

July 1st, 2011
Incompetent
Good thing he took vacation so a nurse practitioner could suggest a sleep study to diagnose my sleep and accompanying health issues. He prescribed sleeping pills. Just the thing for someone with sleep apnea.Missed on more than one occasion to suggest a heart condition after repeated trips to ER with chest pains.Blood pressure goes to 160 over 100 at rest. Stress related, suggests antidepressants any time I am ready for them. Did not suggest a stress test, I had to request the test more than once, at which the heart condition elevated my blood pressure to some 240 over 160. Still no diagnosis of heart trouble from Staehling. The cardiologist suggests a catheterization. One main artery 99% blocked. A walking heart attack the Dr. said.I could go on.Never suggested a better diet or the loss of weight.Knew my family history of heart trouble.Made me feel stupid when I did seek ER help with chest pain.I am very disappointed in the system but very happy to still be alive.

March 11th, 2011
No consideration for your time or making sure you get your perscriptions
I waited for him for an hour and 15 minutes and had to leave becuase I had other appointments. Left my cell # for him to call me and never showed enough respect or remourse to even give me a call back even after leaving two messages the next day. He didn't even at least call in my perscription in which he knew I needed for my health.