Dr. Steven Streit MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 2nd, 2016
Lifesaver
I have limes disease for at least six months before Dr. Streit was able to diagnose me correctly. He never gave up on me he tried different antibiotics and probiotics to help make it through and as far as I'm concerned this man saved my life

July 13th, 2016
Dr. Streit is the real deal
I am a former patient that was successfully cured from Lyme disease.

May 15th, 2016
Lyme Disease treatment
He treated me successfully for early Lyme Disease symptoms. I was very impressed by his approach.

January 28th, 2016
Worst experience ever! Very sad!
I went to the doctor with my daughter the doctor spent about five minutes in the office then had blood work drawn then came back following couple weeks after bloodwork came in again went over the bloodwork. Put her on anabiotic's. Made me sign a form because the lime test was negative but still prescribed antibiotics. When I later called to obtain info for reimbursement from my insurance company, I was told I could drive all the way there to pick it up or send a Self addressed stamped envelope. I explained we weren't local. After paying $650 cash I just couldn't fathom how any business would ask for that! It's the cost of running a business. The WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Considering he spent only 10 minutes in with us I would say if time is money he did great!

September 18th, 2015
He helps when no one else does
I've been seeing Dr. Streit for a while. He diagnosed me with Lyme Disease after no other Dr. could. I have MRI's, EMG's, and even a lumbar puncture with any diagnosis. I have been on and off abx for about 2 years. Eventually I did a new novel bartonella blood test and I tested positive for that as well. He does not speak much. You need to ask the Dr. questions but the staff if very friendly and I think the Dr. cares but he just isn't that outgoing.

June 3rd, 2015
Fabulous doctor, very kind man. Gets right to the point.

May 29th, 2015
Very Knowledgeable
Excellent doctor, especially for Lyme disease. Was recommended by four people!

January 2nd, 2015
My experience has been good
Like another reviewer, I was treated like a crazy person by my primary care doctor with regard to Lyme. My symptoms were numerous, and I'd been sick for over 8 months. First blood test was positive and second was negative, and I was told I was anemic. I found Dr. Streit, waited over one month for an appointment and had to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement. My blood was sent to igenix and tested positive this time for lyme on second test. I have been treated, taken seriously, and don't feel crazy with this doctor. I am starting to get better. The arthritis in my hands: gone. Headaches: gone. Maybe another doc would have treated me, but my primary care would not. I am glad I found Dr. Streit.

October 23rd, 2014
Thank goodness for Dr. Streit
I liked him very much. My primary care treated me like I was crazy.

May 4th, 2014
Trust your gut
My gut told me for years that this doctor was just in it for the $.I don't know if he has an inflated ego, if he doesn't care, if there is something wrong with him, but he spends age most 5-10 minutes with us. He doesn't go over what to expect. He doesn't really say anything unless you ask the questions and then his responses are typically curt. I you are on the ball with your diagnosis then you know exactly what questions to ask however, I have also noticed that he seems miffed when you start asking questions. Not sure if it is a time issue or if I am supposed abide by his godlyness. I am very upset with the way we were treated last visit. The people before us got an unprecedented half hour with him. The patient was using a cane. Okay, maybe he thinks because physically, she is debilitated that she needs more of his time. I was told that he spends only the amount of time he needs to with my son. Ummm, I was so incensed that I thought, how do you determine that...based on what you see? Because of lot of my son's issues lie in what you don't see. I also pointed out to the doctor that he doesn't review the meds and he told me that he ALWAYS reviews meds. Then 5 minutes later, he tells us that he is going to start our son on something new with out going over the new med. I had to ask him why he wanted it started. Later on, I read in the handout that labs must be done every 6 weeks to check kidney and liver function. The doctor didn't say anything about this. If this doctor is all you have as a choice, you need to go in knowing everything there is to know and you need to ask lots of questions.

August 15th, 2012
if you have Lyme, he is your Dr.
solid treatment plans, diagnosis and counselingget his opinion...he is excellent.

November 21st, 2011
Nice, but....
I saw Dr. Streit for over a year and unfortunately didn't get any better. He's is very nice but getting anything out of him is like pulling teeth. Appts. are very quick because he doesn't speak to you. Either keeps meds the same and says we'll reevaluate next month or changes a med but doesn't explain why, never.Had to leave because I personally need to have feedback, dialogue with my doctor. I think if Dr. Streit is helping you then definitely stick with him, his office staff is the best. And he does call back when you leave a message.I do think he cares a great deal and is trying his best to help. I would recommend him, everyone is different. He has and is helping many patients.