A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Simmons:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Simmons, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Simmons graduated from University of Rochester .More Education & Awards
Dr. Simmons has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Ellis Hospital
- St Peter's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Simmons accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven T. Simmons practice?
Dr. Steven Simmons practices Ophthalmology near Slingerlands, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Cooperstown, NY.
See Slingerlands Ophthalmologists.