Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 11th, 2014

This was, by far, the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. I went to him in excruciating pain and he basically shrugged and said come back in two months. He couldn't have cared less. He had very little knowledge, didn't refer me to anyone who could help, and spent little more than a few seconds with me. He rushed me out with little concern whatsoever.

Aug 28th, 2013

Dr Terrenova had very good bedside manner and answered all questions, etc. Getting the operation scheduled and getting return phone calls ahs been a little problematic but not sure if this is all related to DR Terrenova's staff of Brandywine Urologist group.

|  TURP OR GREEN LIGHT PROCEDURE  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

I WANTED TO MAKE THOSE MEN WHO ARE HAVING THE TURP OR GREEN LIGHT PROCEDURE DONE THAT THERE CAN BE COMPLICATIONS AS I EXPERIENCE FIRST HAND. ON 5/24/12, I WAS SCHEDULED FOR OUTPATIENT SURGERY AT THE DOC CENTER NEAR THE HOSPITAL. DUE TO EXCESSIVE BLEEDING, I WAS TRANSPORTED TO CHRISTIANA HOSPITAL AND KEPT OVERNIGHT. I WAS RELEASED THE NEXT DAY AND TWO DAYS LATER REMOVED MY CATHETER AS INSTRUCTED. I EXPERIENCED SEVERE PAIN IN MY ADOMINAL AREA WITH BLOATING STOMACH. I FINALLY WENT TO THE ER AND THEY DID A KSCAN AND LEARNED MY BLADDER HAD BEEN PERFORATED BY THE TURP PROCEDURE.ERNIGHT AGAIN AND THE CATHETER REINSERTED AND TOLD THE BLADDER WOULD HEAL ITSELFS. A WEEK LATER I WAS RE-ADMITTED TO CHRISTIANA WITH SEVERE CHILLS AND FEVER, AS WELL AS, SEVERE HEADACHE AND NECK PAIN. THEY KNEW I HAD AN INFECTION BUT DIDN'TKNOW WHRE. I STILL HAD THE CATHETER IN AT THIS TIME. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR FIVE DAYS WHERE THEY DID A SPINAL TAP TO CHECK TO SEE IF I HAD MENINGITIS(THAT HURT BECAUSE IT TWO 5 TRIES TO GET THE NEEDLE IN MY SPINE. FINALLY, I WAS RELEASED ON 6/13/12 AFTER HAVING A TEST TO SEE IF THE BLADDER HAD HEAL ITSELFS - IT HAD FORTUNATELY. MY BLODD AND URINE CULTURES CAME BACK NORMAL AND THE ONLY THING THE DOCTOR THOUGHT THAT COULD HAVE CAUSED THE INFECTION WAS POSSIBILITY THE PROSTATE HAD BEEN NICKED BY THE TURP PROCEDURE ON THE 24TH OF MAY. I BELIEVE DR. TERRANOVA DID HIS BEST NOT TO CAUSE ANY COMPLICATIONS AND TREATED ME WELL DOING THE HEALING PROCESS, I WANT YOU TO BE AWARE THAT LASER CAN CAUSE DAMAGE AND I HOPE YOU DON'T SUFFER AS I HAVE FOR THE PAST THREE WEEKS. I NEGLECTED TO SAY I HAD A FEVER EVERY NIGHT FOR ALMOST THREE WEEKS. ALSO, THE ANESTHOLOGISTS(AN OLDER CHINESE FEMALE) WHO PUT ME TO SLEEP DURING THE PROCEDURE REALLY DID DAMAGE MY THROAT WITH THE TUBE AND TONGUE DEPRESSOR AND THE EXTERIOR OF MY MOUTH WAS SEVERELY BRUISED. I AM NOT SURE IF I WILL EVER HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE AGAIN. I HAD IT DONE TWO YEARS AGO WITH NO COMPLICATIONS.

Mar 4th, 2011

I've been very pleased with my care by Dr. Terranova and his staff. His office has worked with me when the need to change an appointment has arisen and, as a patient, you feel as though the staff are actually listening to you when you call the office for questions or prescription refills. Dr. Terranova has taken the time to discuss my condition and offer me solutions and options so weI could make the best decision possible about my ongoing illness. I have suggested him to several friends who were looking for a urologist.

|  Excellent Bedside Manners  |  show details
by Joe N- Smyrna, DE on Jul 20th, 2010

Dr. Terranova is a very caring physician who takes the time to explain things to you and doesn't rush you out of the office.

by t haldis on Apr 1st, 2009

wonderful results after prostate cancer operation