A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Thaxter :
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Thaxter , Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Arthroscopy, and Hip & Knee Replacement Specialist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Thaxter , MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Elbow Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Shoulder Pain
Education & Awards
Dr. Thaxter graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Thaxter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Fresno Surgery Center
- Saint Agnes Medical Center
- Fresno Surgical Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thaxter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven T. Thaxter practice?
Dr. Steven Thaxter practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Fresno, CA.
See Fresno Orthopedic Surgeons.