Dr. Steven Thaxter MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Fresno, CA

• Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2016
Knows his field very well and is not intimidated by a patient expressing thier thoughts
Just to clarify my eval ofthe right diagnosis. I had an MRI of both my low back and my hip.thigh I felt reasonable sure where the pain was coming from, it wasn't that easy for the Dr. He doesn't live in my body nor did he Know my ability to differentiate or know how well I know my body. Therefore it took quite a while to decide ona treatment plan. I appreciate that he doesn't jump right into surgery and yet he did listen to me and eventually do the surgery because I I felt strongly I knew where the pain was coming from.( I was right by the way0. If I had to choose a Dr. for the same thing again I would choose Dr. Thaxter in a heart beat. He's both intelligent , knows what he's doing but he also listens to his patient.

October 28th, 2015
I was referred to Dr. Thaxter for a second opinion on a ITB issue/bursitis and partially torn ligament. I appreciate his attention and practical approach to my condition. Rather than any surgical procedure or cortisone, we are taking a conservative approach and will follow up on how this progresses.

August 7th, 2013
Freaking Brilliant
Dr. Thaxter operated on my knee after another doctor left it worse than it had been before, through a botched arthroscopic survery. I endured pain and a limp for 10 years because I was afraid to venture back to an ortho's office after my horrible experience with a doc in Hanford. But eventually, I found Dr. Thaxter through a friend's recommendation and I am so glad I went in. He not only fixed the original meniscal tear, but also repaired the damage done by the other doctor, bringing my knee back to normal after many years of trouble. Thanks to Dr. Thaxter I can now run, hike, and do everything I used to do -- with no pain, and with my knee never "giving out" on me like it had been. Truly, I could not be more pleased. I would recommend him for any knee surgery. He's a rock star.

July 12th, 2011
This doctor is one of the best he has done both my knees and about to do a hip.

May 18th, 2017