A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Thornton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Thornton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thornton
Knee Replacement Patient Education Read our knee replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Thornton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Thornton, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Thornton graduated from University of Mississippi , Jackson. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Thornton has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven Jackson Thornton MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Steven J. Thornton practice?
- Dr. Steven Thornton has 2 office locations.
Dr. Steven Thornton practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Surgeons and Dallas Sports Medicine Doctors.