A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Vale:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Vale, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Vale, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Vale graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Vale has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Community Medical Center/Scranton
- Moses Taylor Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vale accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven Vale practice?
Dr. Steven Vale practices Ophthalmology near Scranton, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Carbondale, PA and Bethlehem, PA.
See Scranton Ophthalmologists.