Overall Review

September 11th, 2016
Steven is always there for me; he is caring, thorough and always looking for answers to my issues which other doctors don't do. I highly recommend him.

January 11th, 2014
I think Dr Van Dam is terrific! Been a patient for about 1.5 and I have been very satisfied. Very intelligent man who takes the time to ask you the right questions. Does his homework before he meets with you which probably contributes to waiting a little bit. I'd rather have it that way though. Strongly recommend him to people!

September 8th, 2013
My son missed most of high school due to health issues. He was under the care of Children's Hospital and Boston Medical. One diagnosis which came out of years in and out of the hospitals was cystic fibrosis. He is now better physically, but he preferred not going back to the hospitals which conjure up not great memories given the last few years. Also, now being 18 yrs. old, he wanted a GP rather than a pediatrician. I sent Dr. Van Dam copious notes from the hospitals prior to my son's visit, since my son has a very complicated medical history. Not only did Dr. Van Dam never read the notes before my son walked in, the Dr. spent all of 8 minutes with my son on his first and only visit, addressing none of his health issues. Unbelievable and unacceptable.

April 5th, 2012
Excellent doctor
I want to 2 doctors before Dr. Van Dam and was disappointed. Dr. Van Dam was able to properly diagnose me. He spent a lot of time with me and had patience. I like him a lot.

March 31st, 2012
Could be a lot better.
Could be a great DR. He is swayed by other associates of his with remarkable ease, even when he is right about his original diagnosis. He should stand his ground and not be swayed by other Drs. opinion's. He's young and thinks he's smarter than he is. Hopefully he'll learn as he gets older.Also be careful as he is very concerned about litigation and this will always effect his practice. This will affect your care. Too bad.

March 15th, 2012
New doctor, factory care
I have been going to the same doctor for 20 years. Not until I went to Dr. Van Dam and then was sent weeks later to his Nurse Practitioner for my annual check-up, did I realize what great care I have had the past 20 years. This practice operates like a factory...push them in, push them out. Very little dialogue...and oddly, not even a good-bye after the few minutes spent on the examination by Amy Margolis. She also called in incorrect prescriptions to the pharmacy as well. NOT impressed. Would not recommend.

January 25th, 2012
Wonderful Experience
As you can tell from my overall rating, my overall experience with Dr. Van Dam and his office is simply fabulous. As an individual with ongoing medical needs I can't express enough positive feelings about the time, attention, responsiveness and accurate diagnosis I receive under the care of Dr. Van Dam and his staff. Everyone should be as fortunate as I am to have such a dedicated professional focused on their needs. I highly recommend Dr. Van Dam and would refer him in a heartbeat (pun intended).

January 25th, 2012
Great Doctore Great Person
Dr Van Dam,Is GREAT!! I trust him completely. Not only will he spend the time needed with you, he will insure that you understand what he is talking about. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to find a new physician.

September 15th, 2011
Terrific doctor
I never feel rushed when I need to see Dr. Van Dam - he spends a perfectly adequate amount of time with me, helping me understand any medical issue and advocate for my own care. He's a terrific doctor in a very good practice.

November 29th, 2010
He listens and explains things really clearly. I have great confidence in him.