Dr. Steven Vath MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 13th, 2016
Scientist and mom of two.
I’m a scientist and mom of two adult children. Within a year of having my second child I began wondering how long it was going to take to shed my pregnancy weight. I explained my fading energy levels and lack of exercise motivation as the result of being a working mom. When one year turned into five years that turned into 20, a pattern began to take shape – it was one of consistent weight gain and no loss. While my husband was loving and supportive, I was frustrated. The breakthrough came when I was diagnosed a few years ago with Celiac’s disease. Although that helped put my metabolism and energy issues into prospective, it didn’t make the weight disappear or change how I felt in my clothing. Last year, after several rounds of steroids for repeated gluten exposure, I gained another 20lbs. That was my breaking point. I was tired of having a muffin top (now a cake top) and feeling miserable in my clothes. I was ready to change things around, so I scrubbed my house clean of every gluten molecule, banned all known allergens from the house, threw out my steroids and went on the hunt for a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck. Whoever was going to remove my marsupial pouch needed to meet my tough standards. They had to not be stuck on themselves, and yet be proven to be a talented and competent surgeon - a combination not so easy to find. After several months of web surfing and phone calling I surfaced with a few names. I saw one other surgeon before meeting with Dr. Steven Vath. During our first meeting he listened carefully, showed genuine openness and a healthy amount of humility so rarely found in surgeons. He was kind with his words and never made me feel like I was merely a source of income for him. He also eased an important concern I had which was that my surgeon not use a drainage bag for my abdominoplasty, as so many plastic surgeons do because they're quick, easy and less costly than closing the patient without a drainage bag. But what sealed the deal were the pictures of his belly buttons, which were stunning. The first thought I had was “wow, I want that belly button!” From my first pre-op appointment through my 6-month follow up, my entire experience was made seamless and stress-less by Dr. Vath and his staff. Part of my health challenges include me having a low pain threshold. This challenge wasn’t made any easier for the medical staff when they learned that I do not tolerate most pain medications. Essentially, I was asking them to treat my low threshold post-op pain with non-opioids. The pre-op nurse listened to my concerns and helped me identify some alternative pain meds. Dr. Vath was even quick to respond to my husband’s late night call when he was concerned with how I was managing my pain 24 hrs. post-op with the less potent pain meds I requested. Now 10 months out from my surgery, I still find myself glancing down in amazement at how beautiful my stomach looks, particularly my belly button. With each passing month my nicely shaped scar fades even more. Without hesitation I would have Dr. Vath do plastic/reconstructive surgery for me again. I’ve spent my entire science career around far too many arrogant (and sometimes incompetent) PhD’s and Doctors. My experience with Dr. Vath has shown that he is an incredibly competent, talented and genuinely humble surgeon with a terrific and empathetic staff. A rare find.

August 30th, 2016
Technical Account Executive
I visited 3 different plastic surgeons that had expertise in the breast encapsulation & capsulectomy area before I made my decision that provided me with a sense of confidence in proceeding with this surgery. All 3 had 'the credentials' and awards so this was an instinctive decision....I knew within the first 10 minutes of meeting Dr. Vath and his staff and asking the difficult questions that I did, that I had made my decision to go with him. His attention to detail, level of professionalism, bedside manners and genuine ability to instill a sense of trust in his patients is incredible. The operating room environment and associated medical staff of Dr. Vath's made my personal experience very pleasant. On a scale of 1-10, I'd have to give him a perfect 10!!! I would definitely consider using Dr. Vath for any additional surgical needs.

August 30th, 2016
My Experience with Dr. Steven Vath
Unfortunately, when I first had breast implant surgery with another physician, I was unhappy with the size. I lived with them for 20 years. I came to Dr. Vath's office after doing a lot of research online. I went to the initial consultation with Dr. Vath about 3 years ago and put off the surgery. I had many questions and was very afraid about the outcome. Dr. Vath made me feel very comfortable and was very supportive about not replacing my implants. Best thing I ever did. He was wonderful and made me so comfortable. I am ecstatic with the outcome. Surgery was a breeze. I was a bit uncomfortable with the drains in for a week post-op, but well worth it. Dr. Vath is wonderful and the entire staff if as well. I would definitely recommend them.

October 21st, 2015
Better than all the rest!
The best and most caring surgeon anyone can trust for your desires! If you don't want it or need it he doesn't try to talk you into it. This is your choice of what you WANT not NEED.

July 24th, 2015
Simply amazing!!!
I was super nervous thinking about picking a surgeon. After all, I've seen shows like Botched and endless bad experiences online! I did my research and picked 3 Drs that I felt were possibilities. Dr. Vath was my third consultation scheduled. I was nervous once I scheduled my consultations that I wouldn't know who to pick. The first dr was a definite no, 2nd was good but I wasn't sure and after talking with Dr Vath for 5 minutes I knew he was the one!!! He was so kind and easy to talk to, knowledgable and not to mention his reviews and before and after a were awesome! I never felt rushed and he, bless his sweet heart, kindly answered all my crazy questions throughout the entire process without making me feel like a neurotic freak!! As for my results! I had a breast augmentation and WOW!! I'm still in awe and I'm at over 3 weeks now! My breasts are perfection!!! I've since told anyone that will listen who they should at least get a consultation from and refer to him as the boob God though I'm sure he's great at all the other things he does too!!

May 7th, 2015
Dr. Steven J. Vath and the Center for Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Vath and the staff of The Center for Cosmetic Surgery are exceptionally professional and compassionate. Every individual I encountered was knowledgeable, considerate, gentle and reassuring. Dr. Vath is an outstanding surgeon. He took his time to listen to my concerns, answer my questions, and explain every step of the procedure and recovery process. He is easy to talk with and put me totally at ease. The nurses and other medical professionals were very kind and highly skilled. I am thrilled with the results of my surgery. The look Dr. Vath achieved is beautiful and natural. He is an artist as well as a gifted surgeon. I recommend Dr. Vath and the other professionals at the Center for Cosmetic Surgery without reservation.

March 24th, 2015
Dr Vath put me at ease about this life changing mommy makeover the moment I had my consultation with him. I had wanted to have it done for many years but was too nervous since I had never had surgery before. I was also concerned about having to deal with drains after the tummy tuck until he informed me that he does not use drains. I had been referred to him by several friends and family and other acquaintances that were extremely happy with his results. Dr Vath and his staff are very professional and all are very caring. I'm so glad I found this place! Im so happy with my results and will refer everyone to him!

July 6th, 2014
Mommy Makeover
Like everyone else searching on the web for a mommy makeover, I was nervous and wanted to find the right doctor. You read the horror stories and the good stories, and all you want is to know if they are a great doctor. I have other family members that have been to this office and were highly satisfied. I made my free consultation with Dr. Vath at the Center of Cosmetic Surgery in Golden, CO. The moment I met Dr. Vath I knew he was the right surgeon for me. From the consultation to the actual surgery everyone did a wonderful job. This was my first surgery and I cant believe the results. I have had three big babies that stretched my skin horrible. I wanted to look 16 again. The mommy makeover Dr. Vath gave me looks wonderful. I am only three weeks post op from my surgery and I feel great. They are so nice at this office. The morning I went in for the surgery even the pre op nurse and anesthesia doctor put my mind right at ease. They did a great job. I only had one IV for everything, that's for sure my kind of surgery. I had no drain tubes, no complications and wonderful results with a more than wonderful experience from beginning to end. Dr. Vath even calls you personally the day after your surgery to check on you. My suggestion to you is to make a consultation appointment and see for yourself what a wonderful Doctor he is. I would definitely recommend him to everyone.

April 16th, 2014
I feel GREAT!
After a lifetime of losing and gaining weight and 3 C sections, I have kept 55 lbs off for 8 years! I've exercised faithfully for 6 years and added 5k's the last 2 years. Now I was ready for a tummy tuck. Dr. Vath was recommended by 2 friends. After my initial consultation I knew he was the Dr. for me and I need not look further. I loved his bedside manner, ease of talking with him, gentleness, humor, and his staff is the BEST!! My pre op nurse Jen, OR nurse Kathy, RN Deb and Kimbery who patiently answered all my questions every time I called to ask questions were all awesome!!! I am 4 weeks post op and I feel great! Even with the swelling I am happy with my results. Can't imagine how much happier I'll be when I'm all healed. I highly recommend Dr. Vath and his team!!!

April 9th, 2014
Ladies, please read this review if you are seriously considering breast augmentation: I spent approximately 5 years shopping plastic surgeons and making the decision of whether or not I should proceed with breast augmentation. It was not an easy decision for me, as I'm sure it's not for many of you. When I met Dr. Vath, he spent more than an hour, prior to even viewing my breasts, explaining the ins, the outs, the pros, the cons, showing pictures, and giving me BRUTALLY HONEST professional advice as to what to expect of my potential outcome. He told me the good and the bad so I could FINALLY make a decision with all of the information - this was so different than the slew of doctors that told me what I wanted to hear (that I could get implants without a lift in my specific situation - ladies beware of Doctors that simply tell you what you want to hear). I finally took the leap of faith and committed to proceeding with Dr. Vath. It is hard for me to put into words how incredibly grateful I am that I had the foresight to proceed with this professional. He is an amazing Doctor, an artist, and a samaritan - if all business professionals operated with this level of unprecedented INTEGRITY, this world would be a different place. I consider him an Angel. My friend referred me to Dr. Vath when I was all but committed to another surgeon, but she said he was different - and she was so right. Even if you think you have found the one, THIS IS YOUR BODY. Take the time to go to ONE MORE consultation and meet with Dr. Vath. I have an amazing story with this Doctor - He is so much better than the rest.

March 3rd, 2014
Breast augmentation
I did thorough research before choosing Dr. Vath as my surgeon. His professional demeanor, patience with my questions, and references blow all the other docs in the Denver area out of the water! His staff are attentive, kind and work well together. The experience was far better than I could have imagined. I have since benefitted from other services his center offers. Excellent follow-up as well. I would highly recommend him for any body transformation you are seeking.

February 27th, 2014
Great Experience! Highly Recommended
I had a mini facelift, neck lift and chin liposuction just five weeks ago. Dr. Vath did a marvelous job. I am 51 years old and not in the best of shape but my results were great. I had a double chin for years and now it is gone. I chose Dr. Vath for a couple of reasons that turned out to be essential. First, he has an excellent technique. He leaves very small scars that in comparison to other work I've seen are far superior. This is key with this type of surgery because the scars are sure ways to tell you have had something done. Secondly, when I met him, he was the type of surgeon you can tell your concerns to and he won't get defensive. So, if there was something I wasn't happy with, I knew I could tell him. Well the good news is there was nothing bad to tell him. The surgery staff makes sure you are well informed and made very comfortable the day of your surgery. You will not be in pain when you wake up. Just follow the instructions, be patient and everything will be great!