Dr. Steven Vold, MD
Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites), Ophthalmologist (eyes), Pathologist
Video profile

Great experience! show details Great experience!
by Brandon H. on Mar 5th, 2015

For Lasek surgery.... I'm not sure there's a better place to get this done. I walked in and got to see a live procedure done, talked with patients that had it done, Dr. Vold and Dr. McFarland , they explained everything and what to expect. I'm now not wearing glasses and loving it! I used my FSA for payment.. Take advantage of this early so you won't say to yourself, "Why didn't I do this earlier??"

Feb 26th, 2015

Dr. Vold performed LASEK surgery on me in November of 2014. I immediately noticed a huge improvement to my vision. I had the procedure done on a Thursday. I was back to work by Monday, and driving on my own by Tuesday. My sensitivity to sunlight lasted about 30 days, and sensitivity to nighttime lighting (headlights, streetlights, etc) lasted about 60 days. Within 30 days from my surgery, my vision was at 20/20. I recently had my 90 day check up and my vision is 20/15, and I scored a couple of “bonus points” on the 20/10 line. I’ve never been able to see this well without glasses or contacts. I still am surprised at how my vision has increased. The procedure itself lasted about 10 minutes, and was painless. There was some mild discomfort at times, but nothing I would equate to pain. The majority of which was the two days following my procedure. The staff at Vold Vision could not be better. They answered all my questions, and have always been available to me when I needed them. In short, I don’t have a negative thing to say about my experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Jan 26th, 2015

Useless

LASEK A show details LASEK A
Jan 26th, 2015

Vold Vision A ! I have been a patient at Vold Vision for one year. I was first introduced to Vold Vision when I suffered a severely scratched eye. Dr. McFarland diagnosed the injury immediately and I was fully healed in a couple days. About 8 months later, I decided to have LASEK done. I knew immediately the doctor I planned to use, Vold Vision. I had total faith in their ability, service and dedication to my procedure. The doctor and staff were 100% accurate on explaining the operation, what to expect and the healing process. All I did was follow their guidance, which was simple, take vitamins and follow the eye drops schedule. I am seeing 20/15 and my eyes continue to get better each day. If you are considering LASEK, I highly recommend attending the after hours event, you get to watch a live procedure and talk to Dr. Vold about the LASEK proedure. So, if you want to get rid of glasses and contacts, call Vold Vision! I could not be happier! I am amazed at the outcome!

Bad customer service show details Bad customer service
Jan 7th, 2015

I have a seven thousand dollar deductible. I have Glaucoma, I need treatment to keep my sight. I cannot afford thousands of dollars for laser surgery nor can I borrow that much. I informed everyone that I thought needed to know this on every level, including Dr. Vold. They offered me a credit card that would help pay for one eye and a promise of possibly getting in an eye study to pay for other eye. I talked to a couple of people at the various offices and was under the impression that I had enough money to do the one eye. I arrived after fasting all night at 11am the day of my surgery and was presented with an almost 7,000 dollar bill for payment that at no time did anyone talk to me about. I was very upset! I did not get the surgery because bottom line... there was no way even when they came down on the bill and offered to let me pay it out that I could afford it. They are free to charge what they want but they are not free to waste my time and money the way they did. I give a zero rating in customer service to them!

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Sondra L on Jun 18th, 2014

The staff is friendly and courteous. Will recommend to my friends. I didn't wait any longer for appointment than I do for any other doctor. Very pleased with the LASIK surgery and care I received from Vold Vision

BEWARE of trusting this Dr. with your vision show details BEWARE of trusting this Dr. with your vision
Jun 17th, 2014

Dr. Vold performed glaucoma & cataract surgery on my Grandmother on one of her eyes (when he practiced at a hospital in TX). After the surgery that Dr. Vold performed, she was in severe pain for days; after having the same procedure performed on her other eye by a different Dr. she had virtually no pain. DURING the procedure, she recalled Dr. Vold talking casually about a recent football game, then the comment "oh, that's only happened one other time." He was rude & condescending at follow-up when she asked about it. Later, she ended up needing a cornea transplant in that eye-but not the other. My Grandmother would not bring it up to the hospital for fear of negative repercussions, but people need to know the truth about something this serious.

Lasek - Great Results! show details Lasek - Great Results!
by Mark Z. on Jun 14th, 2014

I would highly recommend getting Lasek from Vold Vision. The staff was extremely friendly, walked me through the process from A-Z, and the results have exceeded my already high expectations. Definitely go to Vold Vision if you're considering the procedure in Northwest Arkansas.

by C. S. on Jun 13th, 2014

Highest level of care available in this region! Excellent patient experience. Superior staff, state of the art facilities. Dr. Vold is well respected across the globe in his field and takes great care of every patient. Proud to call Vold Vision my eye care home! Recommend without hesitation.

May 3rd, 2014

I go there for McFarland

Apr 8th, 2014

Dr. Vold and Dr. McFarland are both great! Dr. McFarland is the best O.D. in the area by far and Dr. Vold is a excellent surgeon.

Dec 23rd, 2013

I was not pleased with how things were handled in the office. I felt like I waited to get crap service.

Oct 1st, 2013

Staff and Dr.'s were great and answered all my questions. I will be coming back because I was very impressed. I was originally referred by another Dr. to Dr. Vold and I am pleased and understand why I needed to see him. He is one of the best out there.

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
Sep 30th, 2013

I dont't know exactly what other people were saying but I do know that Dr. Vold has been amazing with me and my family. I have been following him for over 14 years and the care he has put into me has been a life saver and he has saved my vision after many other doctors had told me there were no options. I feel his is a very genuine doctor and he has always taken the time to explain something if I wanted to know and I know he has given patients his personal number at times if we needed anything or had any concerns. I have referred multiple people to him and everyone feels the way that I do. I hope that people read this review and realize what a blessing it is to see a doctor like this.

Jun 6th, 2012

Was very disappointed with Dr. Vold. Would definately advise against seeing this Dr.

Jan 12th, 2012

Dr. Vold is the only Dr. I ever saw who gave me the feeling he just did not care. When asked a question he would shake his head and walk out of the room. I would advise to avoid this Dr. at all cost. A wino with a rusty corkscrew would do a better job.

Did not have good experience show details Did not have good experience
Oct 10th, 2011

I am a patient at Boozman-Hof Eye Regional Eye Clinic and when Dr. Vold was there, I had to wait up to 2 hours for a visit and he would just some in for 5 minutes and leave. At first I thought he was very caring but after the MANY times I had to go back I started to learn he just said the same thing to all the other patients. When Dr. Vold started his own practice I did not follow, I stayed with Boozman-Hof and will stay.

Cell phone show details Cell phone
Aug 31st, 2011

I have end stage glaucoma. I see the doctor to find out if I'm going to be blind. Glasses don't help me, I have had three surgeries on my eyes and what does the doctor do? Answers his cell phone in the middle of my exam. Not to mention I had to wait an hour and a half to see him. He seem to care more about his cell phone.

Jun 9th, 2011

Dr. Vold was knowledgeable and caring. The results of my glaucoma surgery were good.