Overall Review

March 5th, 2016
On each visit with Dr. Von Elten I have never felt rushed. He devotes time to me and listens to every word I say. I am in my early eighties. My husband is a retired naval officer. We have been to many doctors in the United States, Guam, and London, England. I feel very blessed to have Dr. Von Elten as, probably, the last doctor I will have. I am also in the care of a cardiologist, Dr. Yazdani, who is in Fairfax, VA. I will be having a valve replacement done by him in the near future. I am a two time cancer survivor thanks to the improvement of medical procedures in the last 35 years. My father died of a myocardial infarction. He was an orthopaedic surgeon in Los Angeles. He was 75 years old. Mother died of cancer in her mid seventies. Neither one of them took very good care of themselves. I admit to being overweight. If I ate as sensibly when I was young as we are eating now I would I would not have the weight problem. But I accept I was too indulgent in eating AND in shopping. I have mended my ways. We have acquired and rescued a precious, loving, smart, and beautiful Border Collie, Bella. Because of all the aforementioned qualities I abhor leaving our home with Bella in it to go ANYWHERE including church. However, I DO leave, do what needs to be done AND hurry home. The reward upon arrival is a very welcoming Bella. It makes the leaving somewhat bearable.

May 15th, 2012
An excellent doctor with keen diagnostics and treatment skills. He listens well and asks good questions. Bright, thoughtful with good bedside manner as well.