Dr. Steven Fischer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 20th, 2014
Missed patient problem
The doctor was not attentive to my long lasting history and concerns, making me feel that my concerns were not heard. My symptoms were straightforward and I came to this specialist for help. I did not receive help with my problems, only an RX for a costly test (the results of which would result in another costly appointment with no promise of treatment.

January 5th, 2012
Unacceptable
I've seen Dr Fischer in the past for an ear problem and although the wait times in the office were rather long, liked his bedside manner though the source of my ear problem was not truly identified and it eventually went away. When my 15 year old son developed a swelling in his neck, subsequently identified as a cyst by a CT scan, I returned to Dr. Fischer's office with my son for treatment. We arrived at the office on time and happened to arrive at the same time as another of Dr. Fischer's patients who had arrived early for a later appointment time. This patient, an older gentlement, was taken back first while I filled out paperwork for my son. By the time the older gentlemen left, we had already been waiting 45 -50 minutes. AFter we waiting another 20 minutes (total wait time at this point was over an hour) I explained at the front desk that I would have to reschedule because I had another commitment I had to get to within the next hour. She seemed genuinely concerned that I had been waiting so long and went to see what happened. Another woman, clearly annoyed and distracted, then came out and took us in the back to wait in yet another room, but said there were still two patients ahead of us and we could wait there. I know that these other patients had arrived at the office AFTER we did, but clearly there had been some mix up in the order in which patients were being seen.. When I explained that I couldn't continue to wait because I had other children to pick up elsewhere, she became aggravated with me, and in an annoyed tone said she had no control over how long the doctor spent with patients - which was not the source of the problem at all. We left the office at that point without seeing the doctor and will not return. The lack of professionalism on the part of the staff is unacceptable, as is the wait time. I do not understand why, out of all service providers, doctor's offices do not value the time of their patients and treat them as if they are doing them a favor by seeing them. Why is a wait of an hour or more the norm? When I get into any doctor appointment within 15 minutes of the scheduled time, I almost feel grateful that I didn't have to wait longer. I took off time from a busy work schedule, was late to pick up my other children at daycare, and disrupted my whole family, and still my child has a lump on his neck that needs to be addressed. I do NOT recommend this office.

November 13th, 2011
He was very helpful in curing my chronic headache, and allergies.

June 7th, 2011
This doctor may have 40 years experience, but he seemed very "absent-minded" to me. He did not volunteer much information regarding my condition and I had to keep asking questions to get any answers from him.

October 30th, 2015