Dr. Steven Waldman MD Patient Reviews

• 17 reviews

May 12th, 2016
Dr. Waldeman was direct and to the point and I can imagine the negative reviews were cause he doesn't mess around he helped me though my bad neck and back due to a irresponsible driver.He made sure the right.things we done for.my care that's all.I can comment on. He was very upstanding inyou opinion.

May 10th, 2016
Don't Trust me..sleazy
How can you trust a doctor who runs a sleazy lingerie company out of miami...ea lingerie...very pushy and greasy.

January 18th, 2016
a extremely grateful patient
i have never written a review in my life but what dr steven waldman and his staff did for me is something i am so grateful for that i need to share it with anyone who is thinking of seeing dr waldman. in the last seven years i have had two major lumbar back surgeries and have been dosed with extremely high dosages of oxycodone and oxycottin. none of which dr. waldman was responsible for. it had gotten so bad that i went to three rehabs for drug abuse almost lost my lake house along with my wife and my job of 37 years. about 9 months ago i went to see dr. waldman in hopes of getting substantial amounts of pain medicine along with a evaluation of my aching back. well dr waldman was so thorough and understood the proper way to issue pain medicine which was fair but not to the extreme. i soon realized that this dewd was really cool and was looking out for my best interest. in a short amount of time he had me do a painless discogram and he told me along with his surgeon dr goldberg that i needed a fusion on levels L3-4 and L4-5. he told me he wanted to do it at meadowland hospital and was like where?? let me tell everyone who thinks this is a second rate hospital. you are dead wrong!!!! this by far the best hospital i have ever been in and i have been in a lot. the nurses and doctors were unbelievable and the time you had to wait for pre admission was by far the best i have ever been a part of. i would only go back to this hospital if i have my choice. well i was walking day one and home on day two. when dr waldman was releasing me from the hospital he looked me straight in the eye and said we now have to ween you off all these pain meds. well i have been drug free for forty plus days and i have not been this happy since the day i met my lovely wife. i am fifty seven years of age and i had worked very hard to get were i was until i met the deamon called mr OXY!!! i came very close to losing my life multiple times. if i had not walked in that door in north bergen that day i know one thing for sure i would not be writing this review. i owe the remainder of my days on this wonderful earth to only one person and his name is STEVEN WALDMAN not only a great doctor but a wonderful human being. the howser

December 3rd, 2015
Say YES to Dr Waldman and Dr. Goldberg
This is the first time I ever reviewed a doctor or his office. I usually dont submit reviews for things or places unless I am unhappy. Just dont have the time. But I feel obligated to Dr Waldman, Dr Goldberg and his staff to write this review. My terrible back pain, my ordeal of over three years is over. Dr Waldman and his spine surgeon Dr Greg Goldberg fixed me with a TLIF procedure. I read some of the reviews below and Im really appalled at what some of the "sour grapes" patient's have to say. Im a retired cop and have personally heard some of Dr. Waldman's patients demanding OxyContin from him in an angry tone. Once I even had to step in and defuse things. Some patients think that "Pain Management" means pain medicine and I can only assume that the guy who says he "lost pints of blood" or the other creep who thinks Waldman is only concerned about money were probably just druggies taking and looking for more pills. Dr Waldman is a very intelligent nice fellow. His spine surgeon Dr Goldberg was awesome. After a lumbar fusion I left Meadowlands in one and a half days! In spite of some of Meadowlands political problems (mostly caused by Hackensack Hospital I hear) I found the place to be clean, quiet and the nurses to be very sweet and attentive. I really couldnt care less about the place but the truth is I had a great experience there for my surgery and with Dr Waldman. The epidurals helped a lot and were painless but I needed the surgery in the end. Even my discogram was a piece of cake. I heard they could be painful but Dr W promised me I would be comfortable afterward and he was always honest with me. No doctor will make everyone happy but Dr. Waldman probably could have retired ages ago. I think hes a super nice guy and I disagree with the ridulous and thoughtless comments below. This review gives me the opportunity to tell others "say no to drugs", say YES to Dr Steve Waldman.

November 30th, 2015
Teacher
My experience with Dr. Waldman was absolutely fantastic. Starting from the office staff and continuing through my surgery. He was always available to answer questions and was very helpful. He was kind, caring and always upbeat. I would recommend Dr. Waldman to anyone who needs pain management.

November 11th, 2015
Pain Managed and Gone!
I have been Dr.Waldman's patient since a week after my accident occured back in 2013! The experience has been nothing but AMAZING for me, personally! In the beginning I did get a little flustered because of wait times, but I came down to the conclusion that it's because he knows what he is doing and the volume of patients is big for a reason! His character is quite particular, yes, BUT hands down, he knows what he is doing! The process was exhausting but was on top of my treatment and his staff was very pleasant to work with whenever I need to schedule visits or procedures! After almost a year and a half of treatment with Dr.Waldman, I was handed over to Orthopedic surgeon in his office and that completely was a blessing itself! Dr.Waldman sat in my consult with Dr.Goldberg and discussed my treatment with him briefly and I was explained thoroughly what my ACDF would be all about. I agreed after speaking with my family and I personally emailed Dr.Waldman to let him know that I wanted to move forward with Dr.Goldberg! He asked that I come back to his office to meet with him one more time before making a formal decision over an email and re-explained my upcoming surgery and I was so happy to finally move forward! My surgery was done 2 months later and I am beyond happy with my results!!! NO UGLY SCAR!!!!! Dr.Waldman is a BEAST in being apart of your trial when your case is about to settle!!! He absolutely prepared for mine because his "I know what the heck I am doing and talking about" goes without question!! You will see what I mean when you meet him... Go getter and what he says goes... I am completey happy with the outcome of my unfortunate situation which was my accident, but Dr.Waldman,his staff and awesome surgeon he works with made this all better! I recommend him 100%! Just don't go in with the mentality that you are going to see your primary care Dr because you came down with sniffles... Look at it as a specialist who is going to take your treatment by the horns and patience is the attitude you must have with such a demanding Dr! Good luck!!

October 27th, 2015
Mi cirujano tan guapo Dr Waldman - the most kind and sweet man
I was afrraid to see this doctor because of a few bad reviews but having treated with Dr Waldman now for 6 months I get the impression most of the bad reviews I read are due to my doctor being really strict with pain meds. Also, I had a dsicogram to find out which of my 4 disks in my neck were hurting amd to be hoest it really wasnt bad at All. If not for the discogram my Neurosurgeon at Hackensack was gonna fuse 3 discs instead of one. I had my surgery at Meadowlands Hospital and my care was really good except for one male nurse who was flirting too much. . I hope some of the reviewers who didnt like Dr W can "get a life" he is really kind, smart and handsome too! My father is a surgeon in Colombia so I know how doctors can be rushed at times but my Dr here is to me MARAVILLOSO! Te agradezco mucho Dr Waldman. Que pena estas casado.

October 26th, 2015
Great care
I wen to Dr Waldman's practice after being referred by my chiropractor. His front desk was very warm and inviting when she scheduled me for my consult. His medical assistants were very professional as well. Dr. Waldman thoroughly explained the procedure that he was recommending for me. He was very thoughtful and caring when seeing me. I would recommend this doctor to everyone that is having back pain!

October 24th, 2015
Consummate professional
Spouse had been suffering from debilitating back pain for years. After treatment and ultimately a spinal fusion (with a recommended surgeon), my wife is now in full recovery and doing better than ever. Dr. Waldman went above and beyond his duties and treated us like family. Every concern was address forthwith regardless of the time of day/night. Spouse is extremely happy with the end result and the decision to have chosen Dr. Waldman.

September 29th, 2015
BAD DOCTOR
Do not trust this doctor. He makes really harmful mistakes. Caused me bleeding ulcer bc he gave me wrong meds. He denied this but I had a witness. I LOST PTS OF BLOOD

August 1st, 2015
If you're looking for real help, see Dr. W. He's pretty strict with meds though
I read some of Dr Waldmans other reviews. I was told in advance that he had the "best hands in the business" and that's why I chose him. My neurosurgeon highly recommended him. I was a bit disappointed when the doc himself told me he wasn't a big fan of narcotics because up till then that's all that helped me. But The doctor assured me that my diagnosis was treatable with a minimal invasive procedure (a band aid surgery) and that's exactly what was done. I was shocked how easy this was having seen other pain medicine doctors and surgeons. It's true, Dr Steve does have hands of gold, and after getting to know him, it seems he has a heart of gold too. I saw him in his Englewood NJ office. What's great is that he gives his personal email for questions. Thank you doctor W!

March 31st, 2013
Horrible experience, he was on the phone for the entire office visit