Dr. Steven Waltrip Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Waltrip?

August 5th, 2016

Doesn't care about people, only cares about money

Beware - he's only in it for the money! 6 months ago I might have left Dr. Waltrip a nice review. I have seen him SO many times for chronic back pain issues. He's referred me to get MRIs, facet joint injections, cortisone epidurals, physical therapy, the list goes on and on. I've cried in his office confiding how hard it feels to be 26 years old with terrible back pain for 8 years. While he's never been able to offer me a good solution, I trusted the relationship I had built with him over the course of a couple years. I recently asked him to re-fax over my physical therapy script so I can try a new office closer to my house. Susan at the front desk let me know that he's "not in the business of writing prescriptions", which made me feel as if I was an addict calling to ask for opiates. Is he so absorbed by the politics of making money as a doctor, that he has no sympathy for someone who had seen him SO many times and just wanted to re-try some physical therapy to get some pain relief? I asked Susan kindly to have him call me, as I was sure once he made the connection that it was me, we could come to a better understanding. I waited the whole day for his call, but never heard back. I waited the whole next day, but still never heard back. Finally I followed up and asked what happened. Susan said she relayed my message, and (quoting word for word) "he laughed at you and told me he wouldn't call you." What kind of a doctor wants that message relayed to a patient?? I felt so hurt and disrespected. When I conveyed to Susan how hurtful that felt, she shrugged it off as if she got that kind of complaint all the time. Not surprising. This experience with Dr. Steven Waltrip has shown me that he is a disrespectful man who does not care about helping others, and is ONLY focused on collecting his paycheck. I let Susan know that I would spread the word for her, since she had nothing she could say to defend him. Every surgeon, physical therapist, radiologist, orthopedic, oncologist and nurse in my network will know the type of doctor he is.

April 9th, 2015

Excellent

Appointment process was professional. Dr. Waltrip was caring, attentive, careful to review prior treatment and very professional. I have seen him several times and always found him to be very effective and good natured.

January 25th, 2013

excellent doctor

I had terrible knee pain and was told I needed a knee replacement. Dr. Waltrip saved me from surgery and the hyalgan injections have restored my full use of my kneww and I no longer have any pain in the knee.

July 11th, 2011

Not a good doctor

I went to Dr Waltrip for help with my back pain. He was very arrogant, unprofessional, and did not really talk to me. He only looked at my mri result, and told me that I needed just about every treatment he has available in his office. No wonder it's very easy to get an appointment next day. Will not be going back.

March 11th, 2016