Steven J Wasserman MD Patient Reviews

October 18th, 2014
One of the best doctors

May 20th, 2012
THE BEST!
i was dr. wasserman's very first patient when he moved to venice, fl and have been going to him ever since. would not think about going to any orther derm. - he is the best and very caring!!!

December 14th, 2011
He doesnt spend a lot of time with you but gives gives you all the time you need.

September 14th, 2011
The office staff is a pleasure to deal with. Dr. Wasserman makes time to listen to my concerns and responds thoughtfully to my questions.

August 7th, 2010
Dr.Wasserman saved my life, I went in for a spot on my chest, because he was thorough he found melanoma on my back, I've pointed out things that he hasn't removed, other members of my family went to him and he didn't remove anything just diagnosed as benign. Very skilled.

July 27th, 2010
This doctor is a BUTCHER!
Both my husband and I went to this doctor. Wait time was approx. an hour. Waited some more in the exam room. Dr. cut off or freeze sprayed every single thing we pointed to without a question about it, without closing looking at it, and without an explanation! Bandaids were out of their packaging, taped to a board across wall in exam room - ready to be used. VERY UNSANITARY! It was like a assembly line. Cut, spray, bandage, cut, spray, bandage. No explanations. He was determined to cut and spary everything - whether it needed it or not. Didn't even take time to look at the spot or discuss or explain it. Got paid a lot of money from our insurance company. Not all spots need to be cut off or sprayed - as we have since learned from our current dermatologist. She takes the time to look at each and every spot, discusses it and/or explains it (example: pre-cancerous spot, age spot, nothing to worry about, etc.). She always lets you know what it is and if anything at all needs to be done to it. Dr. Wassserman is a butcher and we have heard this from many many of his previous patients and even doctors in this community. BEWARE of this "so - called" doctor!!!!!!

June 5th, 2010
First time visit for my daughter as a new patient waited for almost 45 minutes to see the doctor. Once taken back into a room waited another 10 minutes for the doctor. The appointment took maybe 1 minute. Was annoyed to have to wait so long but understood that sometimes doctors run late or behind, however, I went for a visit for myself and waited over an hour to see the doctor, and then when taken back to a room still waited another 10 minutes! No apology for having to wait. Not a good first impression for a new patient. Once I can understand but 2 times? Poor time management or maybe over booking?

September 1st, 2009
Dr. Wasserman is great!
My son's appointment was scheduled at 7:15. We arrived there at 7:05 and after filling out the paperwork waited only a few minutes. The staff was friendly and helpful. The doctor talked to me and was attentive to my son (the patient) and his concerns. Overall it was a very good experience and I would recommend Dr. Wasserman to everyone.

March 24th, 2009
10 minutes; vague injections; no biopsies; no explanations; $750 billed to Medicare. I would never go back, nor would I recommend anyone go to him. It is Medicare fraud - pure and simple.