Psychiatrists

Pelham Gardens
2445 Woodhull Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
570-895-2366
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  What a mistake?  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2014

This money hungry monger can ruin your life. He should have his license revoked!!

|  unbeliveble rudest man i ever met  |  show details
May 27th, 2014

I cant begin to express the most insulting,vulgar comments that came from a person never mind a doctor, he's out for money and uses the sick to get it. stay away It proves that you career isn't your character. I found my self praying for him he's the sick one.

|  The worst docter I've ever met  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2014

Dr. Weisblatt has an ego that has no rival. Any question that you would ask at an appointment would be ridiculed and you were verbally bashed until you asked no more questions. He put my wife on so many meds that she was knocked out all day and on Lithium levels that had her so much worse than when the treatment begun. In just a short period of time (weeks) we were thousands of dollars in debt to him. He would REQUIRE several calls to him a day. these calls would last 10 minutes and would cost $32.50. He would ask, "Is she irate or sedated? Give her more or less of Seroquel" and hang up. We missed one session and he charged us because I gave him 18 hours notification and it wasn't 24 hours. He talked to my wife as if she was worthless. He would never answer any questions but just tweak medication dosages. There was absolutely no consultation or psychiatric care...just medication prescribed. He was our last resort and he almost lost my wife.

Oct 20th, 2013

This Doctor is abusing his power as a medical professional. His behavior is notably unprofessional and he was verbally abusive to my entire family during visits. He made fun of things that were stated in our sessions and made inappropriate facial gestures in an attempt to belittle us. He insisted on too many visits so that he could maximize income. When we went to see another doctor, all of the meds were D/Cd and more appropriate meds were given. Dr. Weisblatt is very quick to give a diagnosis of Bipolar and even quicker to hand out the Lithium. The amounts of lithium he was prescribing became very scary. He diagnosed other members of our family as Bipolar without even evaluating them. After talking to other professionals in the area, his unprofessional reputation is well known in the psychological and psychiatric circles. He charged us for final visits that had been cancelled via telephone. He threatened us by stating he would turn it over to collections and that it would reflect negatively on our credit report. This physician should be reported to the ethics committee , the licensing boards and the Attorney Generals office by everyone who has a bad experience. This man is taking advantage of individuals who are having difficult times in their lives and is a violator of the code of ethics in the medical profession. I recommend that you seek services elsewhere. There are many professionals out there who are in the profession to help troubled individuals instead of collecting the loot!! Dr. Weisblatt , if you are reading these reviews "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF".

|  Be Very Careful with this Doctor  |  show details
May 20th, 2013

I am very sorry I followed Dr. Weisblatt's protocol. He thinks everyone is bipolar and then dispenses an outrageous cocktail of meds, some of which are off-label (= experimental) and at super high doses. He is very proud he has a pill for everything. He is very difficult to work with and will force you to come in unnecessarily often in order to maximize his number of visits. He is one of the most unlikable people I've ever met, thinks his expertise is above a 'typical in-network practitioner" when it is not, recklessly diagnoses other family members he hasn't even met and should be avoided at all costs. There are other knowledgeable more competent and caring options out there!

|  Malpractice  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Diagnosed my Nine year old son as being bi-polar before he even met him, told us without drugs he would have a high risk of suicide. We found out later with the help of a caring Doctor that our sun was being bullied at school. It is now Three years later and our son is doing fine without any meds after we took care of the bullying issues. Every negative thing you read about this Doctor is true. Save yourself and avoid at all costs!!!!

|  avoid Dr Steven Weisblatt  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

Rude is an understatement. He treats women very condesending. He swears at times and belittles his patient and his support group. Blames patient for his wrong doings. Very unorganized. He would not send any of my records to my new doctor. Said I should have the doctor call him . Very unethical . Pushes heavy doses and a ton of blood tests.

|  Ex patient  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

He pushes so much medication on the patient. Dr. Weisblatt is so full off himself, that he believes in his own mind that he can tell a patients disorder immediately.

|  Avoid this man  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2011

Dr. Steven Weisblatt is arrogant, and rude. Avoid him like the plague. During the initial interview he told us how great he was, how ignorant the majority of his colleagues were, and how he had been commissioned to enlighten the psychiatrists of Pennsylvania (to no avail). Then he offered a detailed opinion on why my wifes treatment over the past two decades and been woefully wrong. His answers to our questions were belittling and short on detail. Still, we were desperate and consented to work with him. We fervently hoped that there was a good doctor under the crappy personality.The very next day it got worse; he dropped the ball, failed to do what he said he would do, and he yelled at my wife over the phone, He never apologized for his lack of efficiency, tried to place the blame on all and sundry, and in general acted rude and arrogant beyond words.This morning he called again and reiterated his litany of excuses, and my wife finally got tired of his nasty demeanor and fired him. We were repulsed by his arrogance, the rudeness, the self-serving half-truths he dishes out, and by his inefficiency. We will get help elsewhere.For full text email nmayr@comcast.net

Feb 9th, 2011

good on the medical diagnosing and treatment but very rude and demanding

|  Beware  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2009

He is a rude, condescending, mean spirited individual. He diagnosed my son with bipolar disorder and prescribed many different drugs. Sent him for weekly blood tests for months. When my son complained of negative side effects, he prescribed more drugs. Accused my son of being to blame for the treatment not working and when my son told him he no longer wished to continue treatment he basically told him there was a high probability of suicide. My son is currently under the care of a responsible, competent physician and takes one simple antidepressant and doing great.

|  STAY AWAY  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2009

He is very rude. He diagnosed my daughter with bipolar and put her on Lithium. AS a result her thyroid is underactive, then she was on a pill to correct it. Then, he put her on a different medication that gave her rash. Then, we were supposed to see a dermatologist to get rid of rash. He is definitely a pill pusher.Also, I had the flu and could not keep the appointment. I asked if we could do the appointment over the phone. He would not. Nor would he give the results of her blood work. And he said he is billing me because I did not cancel 24 hours in advance. I was in bed all day with a fever and could not get up.

|  Danger!  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2009

Stay away! This doctor diagnosed my son in 10 minutes. Diagnosed dead family member with vague histories as mood disorders. Condescending and highly inappropriate. He should have his license revoked

|  Misogynist!  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2009

If you are a woman, you will never go right with this doctor; he will take glee in discounting your opinions and will always act condescendingly towards you. Does not ask you if you want your child to be privy to his diagnosis, just goes ahead and blurts it out in front of him/her. Takes calls during sessions. Is very rigid, inflexible and sees everything as a mood disorder, whether it is or not--even after taking the shortest and most vague family history. Best decision we ever made was discontinuing our relationship with this doctor. He has a huge god complex.

Jan 31st, 2009

anyone reading this don't go to this guy.. he's smug.. very expensive.. and a big time pill pusher

|  Overbearing  |  show details
by anonymous on Mar 24th, 2008

Overbearing and difficult to deal with. Prescribes very heavy doses of medication. Orders excessive blood work. Any mistakes with scheduling blamed on patient. There are many other doctors who are kinder, more responsive, and careful with medication.