Dr. Steven Weisblatt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

September 14th, 2016
Worth every penny, great outcome
Dr Weisblatt was always available through the entire process. He was there to help me adjust to the new medication. He clearly explained my diagnosis and even when I doubted he was able to show me the realities of my illness. Thank Dr Weisblatt for everything that you have done to live a full life.

September 12th, 2015
Brutal. Really smart and knowledgable. However, he is greedy, manipulative, self serving, and close minded. Basically he is the devil. Outside of that, this clown is a great shrink.

July 31st, 2015
It is hard to forget
Never ever even think to consider to contact this person who unfortunately still has medical license. Complete lack of competency and emphathy so highly necessary for any patients especially psychiatric is a core feature of this person.

February 15th, 2015
Avoid! Rude, obnoxious, and doesn't care about patient's well-being.
I began seeing this man when I attended college in the area, which was my first time being away from home. I had a lot of new stressors to deal with and fell into depression. I wasn't coping correctly so I looked into professional help which led me to Dr. Weisblatt. He continuously forced the bipolar diagnosis down my throat and loaded me up on anticonvulsants. I gained weight (20 lbs) and turned into a zombie. When I would voice my concerns of gaining weight he would blame me for having poor eating habits, I was vegan!!! When I began my seroquel therapy I was instructed to take 1 tablet PO QHS. The next morning after my very first dose, I woke up to everything in slow motion, females sounded like men, and I was petrified. I called him seeking advice as to why this was happening and his response was I quote, "Cut the pill in half, DUH!!!!" and hung up on me! I was so startled by the response, I began to fear him. He would call up my family members and blame them for my diagnosis when I would be in therapy with him. He is an insecure quack and uses the scare tactic very well. He should be stripped his psychiatric privileges because he has the capability of making the mentally ill suffer through his demeaning approach. The last time I ever met with him his dog came into the room and began to lick herself (as dogs do). He started screaming at her saying "stop licking yourself you stupid s!ut!!" That was the ending for me. After him, I was put on a low dose SSRI, saw a therapist monthly, my stressors were gone, and I became happy. I regret having to ever met this man, he is one of the worst people that has ever existed.

February 12th, 2015
Finally I feel better...I wish I knew about this guy earlier
I finally got the right help after seeing an expert. Should have done this a long time ago.

May 20th, 2013
Be Very Careful with this Doctor
I am very sorry I followed Dr. Weisblatt's protocol. He thinks everyone is bipolar and then dispenses an outrageous cocktail of meds, some of which are off-label (= experimental) and at super high doses. He is very proud he has a pill for everything. He is very difficult to work with and will force you to come in unnecessarily often in order to maximize his number of visits. He is one of the most unlikable people I've ever met, thinks his expertise is above a 'typical in-network practitioner" when it is not, recklessly diagnoses other family members he hasn't even met and should be avoided at all costs. There are other knowledgeable more competent and caring options out there!

April 16th, 2012
Malpractice
Diagnosed my Nine year old son as being bi-polar before he even met him, told us without drugs he would have a high risk of suicide. We found out later with the help of a caring Doctor that our sun was being bullied at school. It is now Three years later and our son is doing fine without any meds after we took care of the bullying issues. Every negative thing you read about this Doctor is true. Save yourself and avoid at all costs!!!!

September 28th, 2011
avoid Dr Steven Weisblatt
Rude is an understatement. He treats women very condesending. He swears at times and belittles his patient and his support group. Blames patient for his wrong doings. Very unorganized. He would not send any of my records to my new doctor. Said I should have the doctor call him . Very unethical . Pushes heavy doses and a ton of blood tests.

September 19th, 2011
Ex patient
He pushes so much medication on the patient. Dr. Weisblatt is so full off himself, that he believes in his own mind that he can tell a patients disorder immediately.

February 9th, 2011
good on the medical diagnosing and treatment but very rude and demanding

December 16th, 2009
Beware
He is a rude, condescending, mean spirited individual. He diagnosed my son with bipolar disorder and prescribed many different drugs. Sent him for weekly blood tests for months. When my son complained of negative side effects, he prescribed more drugs. Accused my son of being to blame for the treatment not working and when my son told him he no longer wished to continue treatment he basically told him there was a high probability of suicide. My son is currently under the care of a responsible, competent physician and takes one simple antidepressant and doing great.

November 9th, 2009
STAY AWAY
He is very rude. He diagnosed my daughter with bipolar and put her on Lithium. AS a result her thyroid is underactive, then she was on a pill to correct it. Then, he put her on a different medication that gave her rash. Then, we were supposed to see a dermatologist to get rid of rash. He is definitely a pill pusher.Also, I had the flu and could not keep the appointment. I asked if we could do the appointment over the phone. He would not. Nor would he give the results of her blood work. And he said he is billing me because I did not cancel 24 hours in advance. I was in bed all day with a fever and could not get up.