Internists

Tulsa Health Group
1435 S Utica Ave
Tulsa, OK 74104
918-392-4900
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

by Patient on Jun 21st, 2014

Dr. Wiseman is a very smart doctor, he knows what his doing and very nice to his patient. I hate not having Dr. Wiseman as my PCP, but his nurse is very rude. It happens not once, not twice that when I call early morning she screened calls, telling me that Wiseman cannot see after hours because my situation need more time than a 5 minute visit instead of relying the message, Im sure Dr. Wiseman can handle himself to say he can or cannot see me. Then since I cannot see him, I ask what to do with my problems or to the medicine I'm taking, her response as always: Im not a doctor. Well, we all know that, you wont be answering the phones before front desk shows up if you are a doctor. Jean or Jane, smile may not be your twin but when you work in a place where people are sick or having problems because thats the nature of your job, you can atleast fake it & maybe try to put yourself on the patient's shoes. Dont be rude, coz one day it come come back to you. Most doctor's office nurses rely messages to the doctor and thats what you should be doing. Patient does not call if they dont they needed to see the doctor that same day that why they tried calling right at 8 in the morning, and dont say go to ER if its urgent, we patient knows the difference thats why we have a PCP, not a nurse.

|  Cares enough to take lots of time  |  show details
by Susie Daugherty on Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Wiseman has been my primary care physician for about ten years. He was recommended to me by my mother and sister, and now, at my recommendation, my husband has become his patient and my son will have his first appointment in a few weeks. In addition to his competence and conscientiousness, I like the fact that Dr. Wiseman is totally down to earth - unpretentious with a great sense of humor. He truly takes time to get to know his patients and explain all the relevant facts of their conditions and treatments. That's why I don't mind waiting a few extra minutes to see him. I know that when my turn comes, I won't be rushed or ignored. It's a good feeling to know that if I become really ill, I can turn to someone whose skills, intelligence and character I trust.

Oct 17th, 2012

I'm so happy with Dr.Wiseman--I wouldn't go to anyone else. He has never failed to take the best of care of my husband & myself. He was "right on it" when my husband went to him & mentioned a hurting in his side. He immediately sent him for testing & they found Lymphoma. I was in cancer treatment & came to him feeling horrible. He immediately put me in the hosp. & the infection was taken care of that day. Thanks Dr. W. for looking after us. We love you & would recommend you highly. Gary & Cookie Eddings

Sep 10th, 2012

|  We love Dr. Wiseman  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Though I usually have to wait a while past my appointment time, I know he will be spending all the time I need with me. I have never met such a caring doctor who treats me like a real and valuable person. He has referred me to specialists and, though he didn't call me afterward, he did know what was going on and discussed it with me on my next visit. He now treats me, my sister, my mother and my father.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Wiseman has been my husband and my doctor for 15 years. When I was very sicktwo years ago he sent me to Mayo Clinic.I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

Jun 4th, 2012

it seems I have to insist on certain things to be diagnosed. little follow up for concern as to the end diagnosis.very pleasant bedside manner.not sure I would recommend to others.seems very knowledgeable but does not follow through with diagnosis.personal notes in medical records lacking.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

Dr Wiseman always takes the time to get to know his patients. Seems to genuinely care for all.

Feb 16th, 2011

Great Doctor

Aug 27th, 2010

He is the most caring and compassionate Dr I have ever known. I would trust him with my life. His diagnosing is spot-on. There is no other place/DR. I would ever go to.

|  What a nightmare!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2010

My MD closed shop. This MD was a referral. Been to him a couple times, including a physical, over the course of a year. He's a nice guy and knows his stuff. Wait times have been long at times -- 30 minutes to over an hour and a half after the actual appointment time. The biggest frustration is his office staff. I can't get the paperwork I need from them. I'm on my third call this week asking for it to be faxed and they promise it's on the way. I also needed a prescription to be preauthorized from a Monday visit. It's Friday and still no luck at the pharmacy -- they haven't heard a peep from him. And still no luck with the paperwork. So ... I think I'll be asking friends for another referral. I'm choosing three stars as an average. Five stars for the MD, one star for his support staff. ***** And an update. Received the paperwork (finally), and a follow-up phone call from one of the office staffers. She left a message referring to a prescription drug that I don't take and how much it would cost -- not a word on the prescription preauthorization from over a week -- and at least five calls -- ago. ***** Another update. Still no approval from the doctor/nurses. It's been two weeks. I'm changing my recommendation to "would never recommend this MD". ***** Final update. Over two weeks have passed. Called the pharmacy. They have records of faxing this MD six different requests for the preauthorization and sent the MD the insurance-approved generics. I haven't heard from him, so I called and asked for an update. The receptionist said she saw the faxes and they were on the MD's desk. I reminded her that it had been over two weeks and she said she couldn't do anything else. I told her to tell the MD that I was leaving them and she said, "OK" with no concern in her voice whatsoever. I have an appointment with a new MD in a few days. What a pain this experience has been. Avoid this MD like the plague.

May 2nd, 2010

Fantastic doctor - our first contact was over ten years ago when Dr. Wiseman gave up his free afternoon to see my husband on a referral from our neurologist. He was caring and knowledgeable. He takes a personal interest in the total person. He has never referred me to anyone who was not excellent and top of their field.

Jan 11th, 2009

Seemed nice enough but very poor communication. Office staff not friendly. Didn't feel that I got thorough care.