2.5

Doctor is wonderful! show details Doctor is wonderful!
by Office Needs New Manager on Aug 19th, 2015

I love Dr. Wunschel and his two Spanish speaking staff members Marcella and Joanne they are wonderful and will help the patients when needed and promptly give Dr. Wunschel a message and call you back right away. Andrea the so call "Manager" (please make sure you pronounce it in English she HATES it when you say it in Spanish, she will cut you off to pronounce it right) is VERY RUDE, SHORT TEMPERED, and has ZERO MANAGER SKILLS, I am not sure why Dr. Wunschel still has her working there. I think the office will run more smoothly if she was gone. After NEVER getting a phone call about my stone blasting procedure, the hospital called me stating everything was set up, and NOT ONCE did I get a phone call from ANDREA. I called the office to complain about this since I needed time for my job to know and get lab work done without getting the charge we get for Missed Preops, they told me that Andrea "Left Messages". Now, as a person that works with Customer Service, why would she think is ok to Set up Surgery without actually SPEAKING to a patient or family member?! I told the staff that she never called me and did not leave any messages on my house number because OH BEHOLD! I DO NOT OWN AN ANSWERING MACHINE!!!!!!!! Why does she set up patients for failure like that? I told one of the other girls to give me surgery information and to leave a message to the doctor and he called me right away to apologized, which I thought that was awesome. So if anybody wants to see this marvelous, caring doctor and his wonderfully Spanish speaking staff I would do so, just BEWARE WITH THE RUDE MANAGER.

Unhappy show details Unhappy
Jul 22nd, 2015

Staff is horrible and uncaring. They do not call back or get paper work to other doctors even in emergencies . Doctor is great.

Wonderful Doctor & Staff show details Wonderful Doctor & Staff
Apr 6th, 2015

I don't know what problems other people have but the Doctor and his staff are wonderful and prompt to help their patients

Stay away. show details Stay away.
by Frustrated on Mar 24th, 2015

This Office is terrible. The staff is rude and they don't call you back. He doesn't explain things very well. After a botox procedure he wanted to see my mom in 10 days, she called to setup the appointment and they wanted to see if the Dr. wanted any tests and would call back. After waiting a week she called back and told her the next appointment was 5 weeks from that date. So ridiculous. DO NOT GO TO HIM!

Patient show details Patient
by J. Cooper on Jun 6th, 2014

The staff are Rude and impossible to work with! It is very difficult to get information as you are cut off before you can complete a sentence. Cramped waiting room and too long of a wait to see the Doctor. This Doctor needs to take some time off, "clean-house" and start over.

His staff need fired and he doesn't listen show details His staff need fired and he doesn't listen
by Travis B. on Jul 23rd, 2013

His staff are rude and need to be fired. My visiting nurses called about some orders they need. The receptionist told her they should have received them and the nurses told her they didn't the receptionist then said you must have given them the wrong number then hung up on her. Then when I get a UTI he never wants to put me on anything if I'm not symptomatic. So then it gets so bad I end up in ICU because it gets in my blood.

patient show details patient
May 21st, 2013

Rude staff, you stand at the counter until they"re good and ready to talk to you. my third apt was cancelled and scheduled a month later and my 9am first apt had 4 people ahead of me . after 45 minutes I left, no call or care form them. I am rescheduled with a sutter gould dr. where they have patient rigkts

Stay away show details Stay away
Aug 3rd, 2012

Beware horrible dr

the staff is very rude show details the staff is very rude
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr Wunschel's staff is very rude and will not help the patient achieve their goal. They do not understand medical technology even though they work in a medical office. They are told many times over the patient cannot participate in certain testing yet they have Dr Wunschel keep ordering it. They do not seem to know how to look up information in a chart. I suggest Dr Wunschel replace them with someone who cares.

great dr!!! show details great dr!!!
Mar 25th, 2012

My bf was referred to Dr wunshiel after they found a tumor that was cancerous...he was very concerned and wanted to get him into surgery the SAME day...unfortunately he had already eaten breakfast and you have to fast to be put under...so he removed it the next day. He was very infirmative on what was going on. As soon as he was done he came out and told me everything went great and we got so lucky that the cancer didn't spread...then after about a month when he was all healed up he got a hydrocell removed and it wouldn't heal...The stitches kept dissolving but his wound wasn't healed together all the way....he had to have 2 more surgeries because it kept getting infected and he got psuesamonas...he was then hospitalized for a week to have antibiotics through an iv everyday...none of this was Drs fault...this surgery was done on a very sensitive area..Drs staff always called to check on him and the Dr came in to see him often...he was very caring. I would recommend him to anyone needing a uroligist!

Doctors Office Manager I needs to learn appro. patient communication show details Doctors Office Manager I needs to learn appro. patient communication
Nov 7th, 2011

I have never been able to end a sentence when on the phone with her. She is both Rude and Short Tempered at all times. She makes me feel like I don't matter as a human. Talks very very rude to me. After waiting 6 months for a follow-up appointment I had forgotton about the appoit. and miss it. I didn't receive a appointment reminder like I had asked. Now she will not let the doctor see me until I pay a $25 no show fee. And told me she will send me to collections over this. He has been my doctor for 5 years

WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN. show details WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Sep 13th, 2011

STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIM... THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY.

May 18th, 2011

The office staff were incredibly rude each time I called to make appointments. They made me feel like I was a bother! Dr wunschel had zero bedside manner and no empathy at all when treating my small children who were in a lot of pain.He did a good job of the procedure but I would NOT choose him if my child or I was actually ill and actually needed more than 2 minutes of his time!

Does not care show details Does not care
Mar 30th, 2011

I referred to him by Dr. Horowitz in Oakdale for my (at the time) 6 year old daughter with bladder issues. He instructed she needed a surgery to fix a valve, I think, he really is not very good at explaining anything. She went through surgery and no change. He gave me a bunch of samples of meds to try and to pick what I thought worked the best. I chose even though I don't believe I should choose. She only improved during the day nighttime still bedwetting. But when I tried to refill her prescription he left message that he wanted to see her and cut her off completely instead of giving a warning. I feel he should have followed up more. At 350.00 a visit and at Christmas time I feel he was just trying to pocket some cash. He never followed up with a call through this whole ordeal. Now she is 10 and I am being referred out to Stanford. Will soon see how she was misdiagnosed.

No info to patient or family show details No info to patient or family
Mar 23rd, 2011

Dr Wunschel did surgery on my mother, gave her no info on what was happening or what to do for after care. He quit her case without informing patient or the family. Bedside manner is questionable. Would NOT recommend him to anyone, even an enemy!

I have a lot of faith in Dr. Wunshel. Amazing Doctor! show details I have a lot of faith in Dr. Wunshel. Amazing Doctor!
by Donna Dupont on Aug 18th, 2010

My overall experience with Dr. Wunshel and his staff has been amazing. They make sure they get you in asap. Although the office can seem to be hectic at times, it is completely understandable since he is a very busy Doctor and Surgeon. His bedside manners are caring and considerate. He is there every step of the way to make sure that you are not in any pain. I have seen many uroligists in my day. Dr. Wunshel is the ONLY Doctor/Surgeon I have the utmost trust and respect for. It almost seems like he is putting himself in your shoes. Very empathetic Doctor. I would recommend Dr. Wunshel to any and all of my friends that have any urological issues. He is a God Send....

Aug 4th, 2010

Very Very bad Dr, and very bad staff. As a physician you need to respect your patience's wish. you need to get some help dr. Not sure why you are still in business you just like to money for free.

Kidney stones show details Kidney stones
Mar 6th, 2010

Staff are very poor in work and not very professional. The Dr. just gets paid and does not care for his patience at all. Needs to be put in Dr. Review Board. And will do that as ASAP.

Kidney Stones show details Kidney Stones
by Robert Daniel on Nov 18th, 2009

I had been mishandled by Emanuel Medical Center emergency room the night previous. I had been scanned and a stone confirmed and they gave me IV drugs in the class of morphene and sent me home. (I was driving myself). I was instructed to contact my PCP for a referral. No urologist was called in for consult. I was vomiting and extremely sick the next day and I called Dr. Wunschel and he saw me the same day and direct admitted me from his office. I was in the hospital for 2 days trying to hydrate before they could operate to remove the stone which was lodged in. He took it out and advised me every step of the way so I was informed and my follow up was equally professional and caring. Highest recommendation!!