Dr. Steven Yocom DO Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Camden, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

September 23rd, 2016
I went to see Dr.Yocum about my back I tried everything else I was ready for surgery . He reviewed my disks he then personally called me spoke with me a good 30 mins and we came up with a plan what was best for me not anything other than that . He had to be the ABSOLUTE most caring DR. I meant in a very long time.

April 27th, 2016
1st visit review
Hard to get appointment with him, but I have medicaid so I'm lucky he saw me at all. Straight up answers. Willing to finish surgery that was started by someone else, somewhere else, when other surgeons wouldn't. Hoping for a close date for surgery after I just got an unsuccessful epidural from a different doctor.

July 11th, 2015
Patient and RN
Dr. Yocom appears to be very attentive and has a good bedside manner. It took 3 months to get the first available appointment so now I a can not afford to have surgery as I have wasted half my disability claim simply just waiting to be seen. His nurse and staff are very helpful, it is not their fault my insurance company is arguing every step of the way. Very nervous about impending surgery but after plenty of research on my part, it will eventually have to happen. My first appoint was in excess of 3 hours with wait time included. He is a neurosurgeon for goodness sake. He has a VERY serious job.

February 10th, 2015
If you knew the story you would be horrified. Do not trust or have surgery from this man!

March 19th, 2014
staff will schedule appts and then call week of apt to reschedule. wait time can be from 15-60 mins.

August 10th, 2011
completely unresponsive
I'm a woman senior citizen whose had recent brain injury. Dr. Yocom was the neurosurgeon attending. While he was attentive during the day the trauma was diagnosed, he has been COMPLETELY UNRESPONSIVE to phone calls and follow-up questions. He won't return calls. If you can, go to someone else. He is not a competent healer.

January 27th, 2010
Dr. Yocum and his entire staff were the best during my entire time under their care. He (they) told me what to expect and helped me with any questions I had. I never felt rushed or like a #. I woke up in recovery from a double discsectomy with fusion and plates feeling the best I had in two years. I do and continue to refer people to him espically those in my field, law enforcement.

August 7th, 2017