Dr. Stewart Garneau MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 12th, 2015
Dr. Garneau is wonderful.
Dr. Garneau will be very honest with you and not hold back. I owe this man my life. I am 4 years into my lymphoma diagnosis and am doing very good. His staff is wonderful, calls me by name and brings me back right away every time. Being on Medicare is tough because Medicare does not pay doctors very well but Dr Garneau has been very generous towards me. I will always be grateful to him. Once you get to know him he will charm you and you will have a very caring new friend.

March 1st, 2015
Worse Dr. I Have Ever Been To
This is the worst dr I have ever been to. He chewed me out because I was questioning his office staff about getting information to my insurance. He told me I could go to another dr if I didn't like the way his office staff was handling things. I was part way through treatment so I didn't feel that was an option. I just made sure I never said anything to him or the office staff that would upset anyone. Also, he just a strange person.

December 26th, 2013
I was a little scared of him at first..he is very much to the point, but told me I was in charge-- he works for me and I could fire him at any time. As we talked more I felt more and more comfortable. I am seeing him for a blood clotting issue,and he feels his services wont be needed much, I could just follow up with a different doctor.."so he is kicking me out of his pond" but he is just a phone call away. His staff is wonderful- always chipper and cheery-- thank you!

November 27th, 2010
IT'S WORTH THE LONG TRIP....EVERY TIME!
I was referred to Dr. Garneau for follow up treatment after I had a mastectomy. I trust my surgeon's opinions and didn't have a problem traveling from Dixon, IL to Moline, Il. I entered the office and was immediately greeted by a smiling staff member. She then picked up the phone and announced to other staff members that I was there. All of the staff addressed me by my first name which made me feel like they had known me all my life. It felt good. Within two minutes a young gentleman came out and took me back to the labs for bloodwork. In short, Dr. Garneau's staff are the best. ALL of them are professional, courteous and kind. His wife and son are part of his wonderful staff. You never have to wait more than a few minutes. Dr. Garneau is a man who does not pull punches. He lets you know right away that you, as the patient, are the boss. He is there to facilitate your wishes. He made 2 suggestions for my chemotherapy and I got to choose one. He also thanked me for making the hour and fifteen minute trip to see him. I never had a doctor thank me before. I had a few bumpy roads during my treatment with Dr. Garneau, but with his help, so far I'm doing wonderfully. He has a strange since of humor which my husband and I have come to love. Sometimes the truth hurts and people don't want to here it. Dr. Garneau always tells you the truth. Bottom line is, if you want a miracle cure when you've been diagnosed with Cancer and want to have somebody pat you on the back and say, there, there...Don't go to Dr. Garneau. There should be more oncologists like him. He's real.

August 5th, 2010
Aside from his bedside manner...
My brother was diagnosed with cancer and Dr. Garneau definitely didn't sugarcoat things. His first visit that I attended, I hated him. Now- I see that he's highly respected, knows his stuff, and doesn't give false hope. He's an upfront guy who maybe doesn't have a tactful approach always, but you can trust him with your life.

April 23rd, 2010
Wonderful
Knowlegeable, honest, kind, helped us and spent time with tough decisions. Knows his area! Great Oncologist!

April 28th, 2009
Excellent doctor! Diagnosis was made immediatley and treatment started without delay.

May 19th, 2008
Breast Cancer treatment
In his words on the first visit you the patient are the boss and his staff makes you feel that way. Stewart is simply the best.