Stewart S Newman, MD
15050 SW Koll Pkwy
Ste 2A
Beaverton, OR 97006
(503) 352-0468
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Dr. Newman is a lousy psychiatrist. In 3 years of treatment the only thing he ever offered us was pills. After the initial screening he did not offer any form of therapy to deal with the larger issues my son was facing (OCD behavior, anti-social behaviors, chronic lying, etc.). He did not refer us to any community resources, family therapy, or any treatment options other than medication. He failed to establish any type of rapport with our son and was resistant to any type of criticism or questioning. His attitude and demeanor were condescending on his best days. At $308 per hour, you definitely DO NOT get what you pay for!

|  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

Dr. Newman is an ineffective psychiatrist more concerned about his pocketbook than his patients. In 3 years he failed to establish any kind of positive rapport with my son. He offered no counseling or treatment other than medication. He did not refer us to any community resources, support groups, educational resources, etc.He insisted on seeing my son every 2 months even when he knew finances were hard for us and he was writing 3-month prescriptions. He failed to address any of my child's significant issues (social awkwardness, lying, ocd behavior, etc.)I would seek counseling from the local garbage man before I would pay this buffoon $308 an hour!

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2009

I really liked Dr. Newman- he took extra time to spend with me and my son, and he's willing to listen and answer questions. He made us feel very comfortable.