Dr. Stewart Segal MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017
Absolute Best Family Practice MD
I'm age 61 & our family have used Dr. Segal since 1985. He is the real deal, a combination of ethical values, experience, & cutting edge use of technology, & his connections to the best specialists in the area are a big plus. After triple bi-pass I was having problems recovering, both physically & mentally and the Good Doc got me feeling great within 3 months. As I am in a business where perceptions of quality and customer service are key & I do read "customer complaint reviews" weekly. When negative things are said on-line, they seem to stay there forever, often without proof or justification. For the few negative reviews listed here for Dr. Segal it would seem that "Disappointed" did not need a DR as he as he already had an opinion of how he wanted to handle his care/treatment. It is great to know that you say "their long term goals are suspect " - if you know so much, why do you need a DR? The Affordable Care Act screwed every productive American including a great Doctor like Segal but you can wax poetic about an unfriendly staff or a lack of sincerity - do you have a PHD in Psychiatry? In your business, when you are informed that you are not a "certified provider" willing to accept a payment 70% lower than it was a few years ago, how long would your business last? Same goes for you "1.0 rating" a patient that knows more than the DR - please elaborate on any egregious mistakes...& to the 07/08/2015 review showing a 1.0 rating, with "no reason listed", thanks so much for sharing. My 38 year old son is a brain tumor survivor & his treatment has cost over $2.5mm in his lifetime, pretty much covered 100% from the insurance coverage I bought on an individual "HMO" type policy back when it happened in 1985. To say that we are familiar with medical treatment, is an understatement. That's why we have insurance people, - not for every sore throat, scrape, or ache. I pay $27k per year for health insurance for my spouse & I, with a $12k deductible....but it is really just a drop in the bucket, considering my triple bi-pass cost over $175k, including rehab. On a side note, only about 6% of all Doctors have any training in nutrition & guess who's one of them? He will be the first one to tell you that it is your own responsibility to eat right and exercise (if possible) as that will help in staying healthy & living long. Segal is not only an excellent DR but one that has stood the test of time, government controlled healthcare not withstanding. Ed, Susan, Bernie, Josie, Jason, Emmett, Graham, & "?"

June 15th, 2017
Very satisfied
Dr. Segal is always professional. He cares about overall health and always offers sound advice.

September 17th, 2016
Was seen promptly without an appointment. Very caring and thorough.

September 9th, 2016
Great experience with Dr. Segal
Dr. Segal is an amazing physician. His walk-in practice makes is so easy to get seen when you have an issue. Since you don't know when you are going to be sick, it is very nice to be able to walk in without an appointment. I recently had a back spasm that would not go away. I went in to see Dr. Segal and he listened to my symptoms, examined me, and helped me get better. I wouldn't trust my health to anyone other than Dr. Segal. His staff is also great too!

March 28th, 2014
Disappointed
I thought the provider had a good bedside manner until I discovered he becomes agitated if you try to explain why you do or do not follow-up on something. The provider discounts your opinion or goals and has shifted his practice with greater focus on becoming a one-stop concierge shop instead of getting to know the patients within his family practice. In the future, I will stick with providers educated within the USA, whom have more traditional practices, and whose staff are more friendly. The physician assistants are thorough, genuine, and skilled. The nurses seem friendly but limited in their expertise. The DR seems nice at first but lacks sincerity. The office is clean and open access clinic hours are helpful. The office manager is the physician's wife and unresponsive to any concerns whether it be a billing question or comment about the staff. Overall, patient care is adequate but the long-term goals of the practice are suspect. I realize doctors are actually businesses but this clinic seems to use patients as pawns toward achieving their own goals instead of being more patient-focused.

November 29th, 2012
Although no appointments are necessary, you are still seen in a timely fashion. Such a great staff. They truly care about you as a patient and as a person.

September 16th, 2012
Very caring
I'm impressed, no appointment and I got to see a great doc.

November 19th, 2011
Finally found a great new doctor after college
I moved to Chicago from Tennesse,and I am so happy that I finally found a doctor that I trust. He spent a lot of time getting to know me and always listens when I talk. Most doctors rush you out of the room, but Dr. Segal will spend the necessary amount of time to make the right diagnosis and make sure that you understand everything. I would highly suggest seeing Dr. Segal if you want a great doctor!

November 11th, 2011
Saved my life!
Dr. Segal diagnosed my heart disease before I had a heart attack.

November 3rd, 2011
Wouldn't trust my family's health with any other doctor
My family has had the good fortune of having Dr. Segal care for us for over 20 years. His philosophy of treating the entire family was so superior to having a pediatrician for the kids and another doctor for my husband and myself. My children are grown and still trust and go to Dr. Segal. If he needs to pull in a specialist, he does, and follows through in our care. The team he has put together for our hospital needs during the years has always taken care of special situations. He has helped us beat many a close call with his thoroughness and caring. You would be lucky to join the Lake Zurich Family Treatment Center practice!

November 3rd, 2011
Great Care All the Time!
No one loves going to the Dr, but if you have to go, we are so glad that Dr. Segal is always there for us. The most important thing I can say about Dr. Segal is he cares and he cares all the time. His manner and concern is the same not matter how his day is going. You are always put first. I love knowing that I can count on Dr. Segal to be consistent - always there for our family. Thank you Dr. Segal!

April 4th, 2011
walk in is convenient but doctor makes snap judgments and incorrect diagnosis.