A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stewart Shanfield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stewart Shanfield is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stewart Shanfield, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Shanfield graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Dr. Shanfield has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St. Jude Medical Center
- Western Medical Center - Santa Ana
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shanfield accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- CaIOPTIMA - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stewart L. Shanfield practice?
Dr. Stewart Shanfield practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Fullerton, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Yorba Linda, CA.
See Fullerton Orthopedic Surgeons and Fullerton Sports Medicine Doctors.