3.9

• Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2016
This review is a few years late, but it needs to be heard. I was SUPPOSED to be assessed by this dude. Instead, he walked into my hospital room, without so much as a greeting, and asked me, "How long have you had acne for?" I was barely able to walk at this point, and only with the support of crutches to lean on. He told me I was completely fine as I almost tripped and fell. Then, he refused to talk to me. Actually, he completely misdiagnosed Cauda Equina Syndrome (a severe, lumbar spinal cord injury that can result in permanent paralysis). My nerves on the right side were actually compressed over 90%, and on my left side, 60%. He clearly had no idea how to read a basic MRI. Of course, the most sensible thing he thought to do was blame it on a "psychosomatic reaction" to my very mild acne, which I didn't even realize I had at that point.

March 29th, 2016
Don't waste your time. You will never hear back from this Doctor. Your child is the one who will suffer

November 1st, 2015
Horrible staff and he is forgetful .He forgot to review my daughter eeg .He said that his partner had read and he believed them .It took 20 days after I called the office to tell that I was concern about my child health status and medication dosage for seizures that he told the secretary my that he needed to talk to me about her eeg again .I had to insist on seeing him and I said I was going to come to office and wait to be seen regardless .Finally , he saw my daughter again .As a physician and a concerned physician you don't rely only in test results you look analyse the test yourself .I have worked in hospital and I know the pressure everyone is under and test can be done incorrectly .I just sent my daughter Mri results from another hospital with a note , I hope he call me .

November 26th, 2012
Good DR. Outdated methods. Horrible Staff.
Very Good Hearted Dr. We like him and genuinely think he wants the best for our son BUT..... Takes forever to see you when you make an appointment. His staff is incredibly incompetent. We have been seeing him for over 5 years and we have grown to even like them but there are no words to describe how bad the staff is. Follow ups are almost impossible to get. If you have an issue with your child, forget trying to contact him, you won't. We have actually showed up without appointment and stayed all day and basically forced him to see us when we have had bad seizure clusters or other bad issues with my son.One thing I hate about Dr Brown. I believe in alternative methods for healing such as Stem Cells, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Diet. I have discussed this with him and every time I do he scoffs at me like I'm a weirdo. I bought a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber and he told me I was being foolish. He also told me in these exact words when I told him about stem cell therapy "You are a salesman's dream". I will never forget that. Right or wrong a Dr should not make fun of a patient. And last but not least, almost 4 years after my son had uncontrolled epilepsy and was seen by Dr Brown, I discovered the Ketogenic Diet on my own. When I asked him about he told me that it was a good idea but that he had not told me before because he thought it would be too difficult to follow. Let me just repeat that. It was a good option but he thought it would be too hard to follow. 4 years of watching my son seize and giving him every medication under the sun and he never gave me that option??? Let ME decide if it's too hard to do. At least give me the opportunity even if it fails!!.He is a good Dr in his heart but he is too "Old School". He does not know how to use a computer, does not have a smart phone, everything is by hand, and worst of all, does not believe in anything outside the box. It's always increase the dosage or the next pill.

November 20th, 2012
Need to train the staff
This dr is like having the best in the business behind the front staff from a fast food restaurant. He is so caring and far superior to the neurologists in the area. The only problem is that the staff does not return calls and this can make the communication between patient and doctor very unpleasant until you see him In person. However, maybe they are not given enough people to handle the work that they manage? Something needs to change to make the entire experience a good one.

April 14th, 2012
No call back
We waited two hours for Dr Brown to see us. The last thing he told me as I left his office at 7 PM was to call if I needed any help. Less than two months later my son had an adverse reaction to the medication Dr. Brown prescribed so I called his office and asked him to call me back. I called three times, sent an email at his staff's suggestion and had my pediatrician call his office and here it is a week later and Dr. Brown has NEVER returned my call.

October 21st, 2010
Awful staff. Awful follow up.
After waiting 2 hrs for a ppt dr did spend time with us, however, that is where it ends. Staff is rude and incompetent. Called with important follow up and after a week of messages on answering machine finally got a staff to tell me he is out of town. After playing 21 questions finally got her to tell me when he will return but she refused to take a message and then suggested I give him a day or two to " catch up" before calling back. Apparently my child is not important. Still leaving messages going on two weeks. Unacceptable follow up.

July 4th, 2008
Went to check if the good doctor was still around. He correctly diagnosed my daughter as a well child many years ago with his use of common sense. She had previously been misdiagnosed as having MS at age 10 and was to undergo shock evoke treatments at Miami Children's Hospital. His experience was far superior to the MRI, radiologists and other neurologist in Coral Springs who will go un-named.

March 4th, 2008
Great doctor, bad staff
Dr. Brown is exceptional, however, his staff is rude and very difficult. They put you on hold on the phone forever and do not return phone calls.

March 2nd, 2017