Otolaryngologists
Desert Ear Nose and Throat
39000 Bob Hope Dr
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
619-340-4566
Locations and availability (1)

by Sharon J. on Aug 27th, 2013

Having suffered with allergies for 55 years I started seeing Dr. Barton. He's been successfully treating me for about 7 years. In addition he recently diagnosed a mass between my sinus and brain. He called me the next day to tell me he had personally talked to a physician at Loma Linda who was experienced with this type of problem and the Loma Linda physician agreed to see me within a few days. The mass was surgically removed (fortunately it was not malignant). I so appreciate Dr. Barton's focused attention when it counted.

|  Too focused on pharmaceuticals  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

Dr. Barton prescribed medications that I did not need. When asked about the side affects and how long I would be on them, he answered 'we don't know the side effects these are relatively new medications,'you'll be on these forever.' Simple dietary changes with the addition of prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes allowed me to remove the multiple unnecessary prescriptions I was given. Additionally, I found the doctor to be abrasive and uncaring. On my last appointment, I was prescribed a valium to take before arriving at the office for a procedure and, upon checking-in, was told my appointment was cancelled a few days before. Terribly, terribly unprofessional and the office staff was nasty, not to mention I lost a day of work. They never followed-up.

Oct 16th, 2012

Dr Barton is ,in my opinion , an excellent physician. I saw him many years ago and he referred me to UCLa for further study. Recently , my husband went to him for a diagnosis on a growh behing his ear. He was very thorough and ordered the necessary tests, I and my family were all pleased with him.

by margaret slaughter on Apr 8th, 2010

he did major sinus surgery on me in 1992 and i have not had any problems since then. he was thorough after seeing doctors for years with no help. he knew what was wrong right away and i am thankful for all his knowledge.

by Nicole on Apr 25th, 2009

I am 19 and have been seeing Dr. Barton since I was 2 and I have never meet someone who is so good at their job and cares about their patients!!!!!!!