Emergency Physicians, Critical Care Specialist

365 Willard Ave
Ste 2E
Newington, CT 06111
860-436-3226
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The best service  |  show details
by Jenny page on Sep 7th, 2014

I don't know what everyone else had a problem with dr. Calle for. I had a great experience in the office when I had a horrible UTI. I was in serious pain and he got right to the root of the problem. I even called the office in the middle of the night and he answered

|  Patient from California  |  show details
by Ben Moses on Jul 27th, 2014

I was in Hartford and Boston from California, working on a project. What I thought was going to be a run-of-the-mill upper respiratory infection evolved in six days into pneumonia so intense that I was desperate for a diagnosis and help, miles from home (zero energy and 102.7 degrees temp, for example). Dr Calle was friendly (shook his head and said "why did you wait so long?" - I thought it would be a 5-7 day illness, but by day six I was getting worse, not better. He was efficient, and spent time treating the infection, sending me away with antibiotic, inhaler and an analygesic and antitussive, saying "call me in 24 hours." Sure enough, in 24 hours I was getting my appetite back, the coughing was diminishing and I actually had some energy (And his desk assistant was very cool, too.) Feels like I'm not going to die after all! Thanks, Dr. Calle.

|  WOW!!!!!  |  show details
by JANE S. on Jul 24th, 2014

IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR PRIVACY TRY TO GET SOMEWHERE ELSE.I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS PERSON IS A M.D.

Dec 5th, 2013

This guy is a quack. He is the most unprofessional arrogant jerk I have encountered in the medical field. The md after his name must stand for major disaster. He is rude, disrespectful and in need of immediate psychiatric care for his own personality disorder and explosive behavioral issues. Heed the warning and save yourself a most unpleasant experience.

|  Caring and Thorough!  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2013

I am really not sure what all of the other people who reviewed Doctor Calle are talking about. He is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever met. Most doctors do not spend an eighth of the time that he spent with my daughter trying to figure out her medical issues. He even called our regular pediatrician to discuss what he found and turned us back over to his care.

Nov 11th, 2013

This was by far my worst experience with a clinic or doctor. The doctor was totally unprofessional, Was only interested in who was going to pay him. Insurance Co. suggested I go there to get a shingles shot as my doctor did not have it. The clinic was dirty and the wait was over an hour even though I was the only one there.

|  Strange Walk in Clinic  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

Very strange place. Office is filthy. Bugs crawling around the floor of the waiting room and examining room. No patients there but waited an hour anyway. Very unpleasant receptionist. Strange doctor

Jul 9th, 2013

I went to this doctor to get my son's physical done for his new school and to update his shots. Since it was a walk-in and not an emergency in a true sense, I was prepared for the wait and it did not bother me. The office was clean, not crowded and I had my ipad with me to keep my son occupied. But holy cow! This doctor was so rude and obnoxcious that I had to bite my tongue to the point of bleeding. He told my son not to listen to me! While I was trying to console him after 4 very painful shots! This guy is a total jerk and we will never go back there, emergency or not.

|  Straight forward and Honest  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

My primary care doctor pretty much brushed off my medical problems for about a year. finally, diagnosed me with Lyme. Gave me a bunch of meds to take and sent me on my way with no follow up. Left with horrible pain, I went to Dr. Calle. He drew blood and sent me for an x-ray. He discovered my problem immediately. He called me at home as soon as the results came in and I was shocked at his findings. Very please that Dr. Calle was able to find the real medical issue.

May 13th, 2012

I came to this clinic because I had numerous problems with my stomach. In which, my actual primary doctor has tried numerous times to treat me, but failed each time. This guy though, right off the bat seemed more certain and on point. Instead of just trial and error treatments, he drew my blood, asked me way more then my primary doctor, and in general just seemed more interested in actually helping me. In two visits, he was able to pin point the problem and treat it appropriately. The wait was short, which is a pleasent change from the clinic on the berlin turnpike, i came in here expecting to sit on my iphone and wait for at least an hour, but instead i only waited a little less then 15 minutes in a room full of patients. He doesn't seem to waste any time, as soon as he came in it was right to bussiness. The young girl at the desk was super sweet, and between the both of them, the lack of attitude was also a nice suprise. Usually clinics are full of stress and attitude, but for at least the time that i was there, they both seemed friendly and respectful. His prices seem fair as well, a year before I had to go to the ER for stomach pain and I ended up paying 500 dollars for my visit because I was in between jobs and without insurance, while with this guy he literally took care of the same problem for a fifth of the price. I was obviously happy enough, to go out of my way and right this review. I reccomend this place, and if need be, I will definately be back.

|  Fraud of a Doctor DONT GO HERE!!!!  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

This guy needs to be checked out because he clearly is not a good doctor. I spent over $600 in immunizations i already had and he scared me into thinking i had Tuberculosis when i was immunized back in the UK!!! Very condesending and really makes you feel bad!!! dont go here he is a absolute idiot and clearly works by himself because he cant work around other doctors becuase he would be found out very quickly!!!!

|  GREAT DOCTOR!!  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I went to several doctors with pain in my hand into my shoulder. Had several tests done. No one could find the problem. Dr. Calle told me immediately it was a disc in my neck. He sent me for xrays. He was RIGHT!! even a specialist could not find anything. Dr. Calle was the ONLY Dr. that was able to help me.

|  Provides sincere attention to the patient and the issue  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

The office itself is welcoming. Dr. Calle seems very knowledgeable in his practice and made it a point to see me as soon as possible when my issue had persisted through my original diagnosis. He is extremely professional and direct. I appreciate a doctor that is straightforward with me. I would recommend this doctor to a friend or family member.

|  UNPROFESSIONAL and QUESTIONABLE PRACTICES  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

I felt that it was my civic and moral obligation to write a review as an advisory to other prospective patients of this medical establishment. This doctor lacks affect and a caring bedside manner. He is snide, condescending and belittling. I observed his unprofessional demeanor toward other people during my 45 minute wait. I spent 20 minutes waiting in the exam room while he was hostile and argumentative toward another patient. He made absolutely no apologies for the egregious mistakes that he made with other patients, but was somewhat apologetic when he spilled my blood all over my pants and the floor. His billing practices/procedures are either careless or unethical. I was warned about visiting this walk-in center too little too late. Hopefully, this honest (and very understated) review will caution others.

|  do not go here for green card medical  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

do not ever go to this md for a green card medical exam. he makes u do unnecessary tests. we had to make a total of 7 visits to get out papers signed. other doctors finish it in 2 visits. Better to drive to a farther md or wait for a few more days to get an appt with another md than to go to this horrible doctor

|  Tops the chart for worst physician in history !!!!  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

PLEASE PLEASE AVOID THIS PHYSICIAN.I have travelled throughout the globe in my 46 years and Dr. Calle tops my chart of the worst physicians ever. Yes worse than the third world country physicians. Not only does he need a lesson in manners but I am of an opinion that he needs to go back to med school. He was arrogant, control freak, and the most hostile person, I have ever come across. I would label him as "narcissistic" but I am not a psychiatrist. The only thing he had on his mind was how to take bill for services rendered (and maybe the services not rendered). These are the kind of physicians who make you think about the seriously degarding standard of medical profession and makes you raise your voice for a cause. For the ones who have rated him high, I think they are employee of the clinics or Dr. Calle himself. I could be wrong.

|  Higly Recommended  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

I don't usually write reviews but I thought that the doctor went above and beyond so I wanted to share it with everyone. In my honest opinion, I think that Dr. Calle is very kind, caring and professional. The office is well run and very clean!! Also, his rates are very reasonable. I just went in for a tetnus shot. THE DOCTOR asked me a few questions and cleaned the wound that I had. It was a joint wound so he soaked it to make sure that it was clean, applied antiseptic and bandaged the wound so it couldn't re-open easily. THE DOCTOR took the time to make sure that I understood the importance of keeping the wound clean so I wouldn't get an infection.Also worth mentioning, I went to another doctor in town (a local competitor) before seeing Dr. Calle. In my opinion, the competitor's office was so dirty! The staff was rude and unprofessional and the doctor was no where to be found!! I walked out. What a relief to actually be able to see such a kind doctor in a clean and well run office!!! It was a great experience and I would highly recommend Dr. Calle to anyone!!

|  Avoid This place  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

Re: Stuart CalleWow, I actually had to turn on my public Google profile to rate this place, that is how p***** off I am. How many things can you do wrong? I went here for some simple blood work that I needed, it was a bright sunny day and the place was empty, however i still sat there for an hour as the doctor took his sweet time. I tried to talk to him and was scolded and told to go sit back down, he would be with me shortly. Then it was time for the blood work, he pulled my arm into a real awkward position and dug around in my arm as I grimaced, I had a huge black and blue for weeks. He was rude and condescending. And when i paid he saw I was using a credit card and ordered the receptionist to add the credit card fees to my bill. ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS. AVOID THIS PLACE, THE DOCTOR HAS NOOO BEDSIDE MANNER, which explains why he is running this little office in Newington. Thanks for being a jerk to me, I will never be back and will be sure to let all my neighbors know how rude you were to me.

|  Worst experience ever  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

I am writing a review to inform the public, but plain and simple, more drastic action needs to be taken for this place. This place made us pay before looking at me, they were absolutely horrible. I came here with my fiance. He was disrespecful, condescending and just rude to me. When my fiance seemed uneasy, the doctor turned into this "nice" person that was trying to help. He just wants to fill his pockets by taking advantage of patients in emergency situations, a true scum of the earth. I had a medical emergency at the time (severe bleeding) and was not treated as such. I Have done my research and to say the least this individual seems to hop around from job to job and is not a professional. PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE. This doctor needs his own diagnosis; psychopath.

|  Should not be practicing  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

He is not capable of dealing with people in need of immediate care. He resorts to scare tactics and tries to sell lab, tests and meds. Stay away from him!

|  Horrible Doctor  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

As you can see from the prior comments, horrible doctor.

|  This guy is Creepy  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

I went to this guy and he is just wrong. He treated me like I had done something wrong and I felt like I was being interrogated. This guys bedside manner could use some real work. Don't go to this guy if you value your dignity. You will leave feeling like you have done something wrong. REALLY DON'T GO!

Nov 12th, 2010

Dr. Calle has cared for me on a walk in basis twice now and each time he took the time and care and testing to diagnose me properly. His caring attitude for follow up was impressive. His office receptionist was a little unprofessional at the time of my second visit, but the visit itself was productive and he was very attentive and knowledgeable.

|  Worst medical care I have ever seen - and I work in nursing!  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2010

I cannot possibly express my disgust with this so-called "physician". I have never met a more insensitive, harsh, cold, cruel human being in all of my years both as a patient and a nurse. This doctor did not even take me into an exam room, he came into the waiting area, asked me "what my problem is" - no, not "what seems to be the problem?". When I tried to explain what was wrong to him, he kept cutting me off and would not listen. He told me that because of the last visit I had with him (Quick version: he told me I was no longer pregnant, I got very upset and he told me that "there was absolutely no reason for me to be upset and that I was being ridiculous, hysterical and over-dramatic because I was seeking attention". Excuse me, but when you tell someone that they just lost their baby...YES, they're going to be upset!) that he would not be my doctor. I did absolutely nothing to him. He made me feel like I was worthless, like my feelings and well-being didn't matter. Oh, and the second time that I went to see him (the time that he refused me medical care), I ended up having lyme disease, a blood infection and a bacterial infection under the skin. When I went to a different doctor the next day, he told me that I was lucky I came in when I did because if I waited another day I would have turned septic. So thanks a lot, "Dr." Calle! How anyone gave you a medical degree simply baffles me. Just remember, folks - not every doctor graduated at the top of their class! Please do not go to this walk-in center. I would hate to hear that anyone else got treated the way that I did. There are many other amazing doctors in this world that can treat you and will treat you with respect, care, empathy and dignity. Good luck!