Dr. Richard Eason Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Eason?

August 1st, 2014

Retired Pilot & Controller

After over a year getting up enough gumption to rate my cataract surgery & lens implants by Dr. Eason, I can only say this doctor is a very professional, polite and an artist in this type of procedure. HOWEVER, his staff, especially one of his female technicians, leaves much to be desired. There was absolutely no problem with the right eye, but 2 days after the operation on the left eye, that eye became enflamed, swollen, almost closing the eye to the point that I could not see out of it anymore. I hurried to the eye center and asked to see Dr Eason as there was a definite problem with the recent surgery. The technician said she must first measure the eye. I asked her how the heck she was to measure the eye when I couldn't even see out of it and insisted I wanted to see Dr. Eason. She refused and kept repeating she must first measure the eye. I told her I was leaving and going to another doctor. She stood in front of me blocking the hallway and again repeating she had to measure my eye first. I tried to walk around her wherein she placed her palms on my chest to block my way. I then told her loud enough for the office staff to hear me, that if she did not step aside & take her hands off of me I would sue that clinic for a million dollars. That turned everyone's head and she finally stepped aside. I then went to another eye clinic where it was found I had contracted some eye infection, had it taken care of, and still enjoy good eyesight. I do not fault Dr. Eason on this experience but would warn any future patients to first ensure that the female tech, who's name begins with a T, is no longer there or at least changed her ways. However, keep in mind that after I called in to voice my complaint with the office manager, she refused to fault that tech.

March 15th, 2013

I am very satisfied with Dr. Eason. He has come highly recommended by other opthalmologists including a cornea specialist and a neuro-opthalmologist. He is insightful and professional, knowlegeable and wise. His staff is very competent.

February 13th, 2013

Unprofessional, insensitive office staff

First time to this office. The receptionist was incredibly insensitive and unprofessional when discussing a problem with our insurance. Not that this matters much, but she also had a massive bolt in her tongue, which I think is incredibly unprofessional and speaks loads about a Dr who would be fine with his front office staff be so unprofessional. Did not get to see the Dr because of the problem with our insurance. The receptionist was very rude about the issue, and treated us poor enough that we felt a review should be written. Find another office, one who values professionalism and courtesy.

May 21st, 2012

Excellent physician

Dr. Eason and his staff were just excellent. His staff was professional, courteous, friendly, and all that I would expect from a specialist's office. Dr. Eason was attentive, conscientious, meticulous, and spent time teaching me. He was also recommended to me by another cornea specialist and a neuro-opthalmologist.

April 5th, 2012

Retired Air Traffic Controller

Dr. Eason performed cataract surgery and lens implant on my right eye 3 years ago and the results were excellent and no after surgery problems. Last year 2011 my left eye received the same from Dr. Eason. After the surgery I went in for post-op check as my eye was turning black and swelling. Dr. Eason said everything was fine and probably the anesthesiologist hit a vein when numbing the eye for the operation. Several days later my eye was in terrible shape and I went back for an emergency check-up. One of his staff technicians, a Tina, would not let me see him because she insisted she had to measure my eye. I insisted on seeing Dr Eason, to which she continually refused. I went to leave to see another doctor and she stopped me in the hallway, putting her hands on my chest to hold me back. When I threatened to sue the practice she finally stepped aside to let me leave. I never had the chance to see Dr. Eason and never went back to his practice. It was quite an insulting experience. Now completely healed, the left eye is as it was prior to the operation so now must seek corrective surgery.

September 4th, 2011

Horrible physician

Dr. Eason is a horrible physician, poor bedside manner. Very unkind to me. His medical assistant was also very unkind and mean. Barely looked at my eyes and then misdiagnosed me and I had to get a second opinion and found that Dr Eason had completely misdiagnosed me. Above all, he was just so unkind to me, refused to see me again to follow up.

April 18th, 2011

Horrible Exam.

Long wait.Rudereceptionist.Dr. didnt seem to care.

December 31st, 2010

Refusal to see the Doctor by staff members

Dr Eason is an excellent Ophthalmologist. He has operated on both my eyes and implanted lenses. The second eye had complications due to the anesthesiologist doing some damage with the needle causing extreme swelling and discoloration. When asking for an emergency appointment to see Dr Eason, I was met by an extremely rude technician instead of the doctor who insisted on "measuring" the eye which I couldn't even see out of. When trying to leave to search for another doctor she actually placed her hands on my chest to hold me back. This was absolutely insulting and I told her if she didn't take her hands off me I would sue. To this she stepped aside. I never was allowed to see Dr Eason.

May 23rd, 2017