Dr. Stuart Finkelstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stuart Finkelstein?

November 13th, 2015

struggle

I've been seeing Dr Finkelstein for over 25 years now he has saved my life probably 5 times I am in chronic pain all the time life is very difficult but if you want a doctor to sit and hold your hand and cry with you about your miserable life don't expect it from Dr Finkelstein he has exceptional credentials he has 35 years of service treated many influential people in California you have to understand if you're seeing him for addiction you got yourself in this position if you want him to give you candy and cry with you don't expect it it does its job he's cut and dry I don't need him to be my friend I need him to be my doctor and that he is and that he's done a great job like I said you saved my life probably 5 times thank you Dr Finkelstein I don't tell you enough I know I shouldn't but I'm doing it in this review and tell you how much I actually appreciate everything you've done for me over all these years maybe that was a smile on your face but that's okay because you saved my life thank you Dr Finkelstein

April 20th, 2015

BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD

DR. FINKELSTEIN SAVED MY DAUGHTERS LIFE. HES A GREAT DOCTOR. HES HEAVEN SENT TO ME!

June 14th, 2014

A True Expert

This doctor is a true expert in his field and it is easy to see how much he cares about his patients. Some have been going to him for almost 30 years!

March 20th, 2014

Saved my life, but I had to move on.

This Doctor knows addiction, and the behavior of addicts which makes him great at intercepting the b.s. and getting the addict into the right treatment. He also knows his meds, and is very much at the forefront of what the latest treatment options are and what the data is on their efficacy and success in patient trials. He definitely saved my life. He comes on very hard-core, then later in my case he showed his softer, kinder side. Underneath the gruff, he has a genuine and kind heart. When meds alone didn't work, and I had a relapse, with nearly three months of on and off sobriety, he suggested I go into an outpatient treatment plan. I went, it was not easy, but It completely changed my life and I have remained sober now for over a year without a single craving or desire, thanks to the ongoing medical treatment, but more importantly from the miraculous outpatient treatment program, it really changed everything. Here is where I had to part ways. After nearly a year of successful sobriety (meaning not just abstaining, but living a happier life) I went for my appointment. I was met with the standard, "when was your last drink." I gave the date, he gave a Humpf, thats a pretty long time. What are your meds, blah blah. I was a little disappointed, I did not receive encouragement, praise, or any sort of positive reinforcement. The feeling I left with was that he was almost amazed that I had remained sober, and that he thought it, as for most addicts, was temporary. I shouldn't say that without having confronted him with my feelings about the office visit, but I felt entirely un-encouraged, and noticed that he was surprised at my glowing praise of the outpatient treatment program. I later found out that he was no longer associated with that group. And, as usual, there was a visiting intern to observe my office visit, and as usual they spoke to each other as though I was not in the room. After this visit, I realized that I could not expect to REMAIN SOBER without the complete and positive support of my physician. I called the office and left a message to that effect, and as I expected... did not receive a call back, or acknowledgement of my call. I think that says it all for my case. My overseeing Psychiatrist referred me to another addictionologist and that is working out just fine. So sad, that the doctor who saved my life, is one that I cannot be ok with for the ongoing success of my treatment... which is a lifestyle and lifelong work/journey.

March 27th, 2013

Dissapointment

Mr Finkelstein is not focused on patient care and rehabilitation. For someone so established I would think he would at the very least address your concerns. He was very quck to tell my family not to resuscitate my father who was admitted in the hospital without any explaination of his condition. My father was never at risk of losing his life but you can imagine our pain when he told me this over the phone after several attempts to contact him. His staff is a hit and miss. Some days they are friendly and other days they are rude and seem to share the same arrogant attitude with Dr. Finkelstein. Do not recommend.

October 31st, 2012

BEST DOCTOR

COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER DR. I LOVE THIS MAN AND WHAT HE DID TO HELP MY DAUGHTER.

August 30th, 2012

Dr. Finkelstein is a wonderful doctor. He spends time explaining diagnosis and course of treatment. He direct and isnt afraid to tell the truth. He helped me a great deal and I am grateful.

May 14th, 2012

GREAT DOCTOR--CALLS IT AS HE SEES IT, NO B.S.

DR. FINK REALLY IS AN AMAZING PHYSICIAN. HE IS VERY, VERY DIRECT, NO BEATING AROUND THE BUSH, HE TELLS YOU HIS OPINION AND HE WON'T SIMPLY TELL YOU WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD---KEEP IN MIND, HIS PATIENTS ARE ADDICTS, AND IF YOU WANT TO GET CLEAN, THEN DAMMIT, YOU NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, SO SHUT UP AND DO WHAT HE SAYS. TRUST ME, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID, JUST LIKE I AM.

April 24th, 2012

Good Doctor. Celebrates success.

He calls it as he sees it. You might like hearing it but it's the truth. He direct and to the point. It makes it a lot easier for a parent of a heroin addict to get his child off drugs! My son would have been dead by now if we didn't find him. If you are an addict and don't want to hear the plain truth find another Dr. And don't get cured. My son went to 2 different facilities before we found him. This one worked!!!!

April 22nd, 2012

LOVE THIS DR.

DR. FINKELSTEIN IS THE BEST IN HIS FIELD. I READ A FEW COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T SO HAPPY WITH HIM, LOOK ADDICTS, WHAT DO YOU WANT? YOU PUT YOUR SELF IN THIS PLACE LET THE DR. DO HIS JOB ALL OF YOU WANT LIFE MADE EASY FOR YOU! STOP COMPLAINING AND TRY HELPING YOURSELFS.

December 3rd, 2011

Dangerous Doctor?

A good quick indiction of any doctor is how they interact with their staff. I watch Dr. Finkelstein yell at his staff (while they were on the phone with patients) about arrangments for his upcoming ski trip. Beyond that he said "he was going to have fun with me" regarding his plan of treatment, a plan I objected to from the start. Also, much of my appointment was spend listening to Dr. Finkelstein tell me all about how well his speach went over at a conference. And he darted in and out of the appointment room 10+ times for unknown reasons. I feel this doctor is actually in need of help, possibly sanction.

September 11th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Finkelstein to anyone with an addiction or chemical dependency. He offers treatments that work that most doctors don't even know exist. He and his staff treat patients with dignity and respect which is hard to find when you are an "addict" IMO. The only complaint I might have is that things might be a bit pricey depending on what you are being treated for and if your insurance covers it (if you have insurance).