Obstetricians & Gynecologists

3901 Las Posas Rd
Ste 207
Camarillo, CA 93010
805-987-6807
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
Nov 6th, 2013

this doctor expects grown women on hormonal birth control to look like anorexic Barbie dolls- what's up with that?? I am on the mini pill now!! but was on Depo-Provera for 12 years- and i'm supposed to be a skinny Barbie doll?? please I will be 50 in 2 months-and so what about an extra 15 pounds!! its called change of life- also his scale says 10 pounds more

|  he's not normal  |  show details
by Laurie on Sep 25th, 2013

I was seen by him once 20 years ago. He had the cockiest attitude. I was in the first trimester with my second child. He right away condemned me to a second C- section. After contacting a VBAC org I learned that he was notorious for performing unnecessary C sections ( more profit). He was mean and condescending Made a point to never see him again and had 5 VBACS after that!! Funny how you never forget a bad doctor.

|  just confused  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2013

ok dr fischbein was my doctor for over 12 years but recently- he told me that I "no longer need birth control" because I was in "perimenopause" huh?? well I was on Depo-Provera for 12 years yes 12 years straight I am on the mini pill now!! Im just confused as to why he practically expected me to look like Karen Carpenter on her deathbed after being on Depo for 12 years- Its only 20 pounds and he made me feel like I weighed 400 or something- also don't go by his scale it up by 5 pounds..

|  hes a good dr.  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2013

I may not agree w everything this dr says- however I have known him over 12 yrs and he is a family man-not a predator--

|  patient  |  show details
by Gina P. on May 1st, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Fischbein May of 2012. I had a wonderful experience. Dr. Fischbein was very profession, caring and is a skilled practitioner. My baby was in breech presentation for the last trimester of my pregnancy. Prior to meeting Dr. Fischbein my only option was to have a cesarean section birth because most other ObGyns don't have the experience of delivering breech babies. Dr. Fischbein has the experience and offers his services for women like me who feel compelled to have a breech vaginal birth. Before meeting Dr. Fischbein I was stressed with trying to get the baby to turn. I was doing everything thing I read about and more. Once my husband and I spoke with Dr. F and we decided to have him deliver our baby at home I felt to relaxed for the first time in months. His reassurance gave me comfort for the first time in months. He was available by phone or text if I had any questions and when I went in to labor he came and let me labor with out any pressure. I had such a great experience. I feel so fortunate that there is someone close by who offers such a unique service! I can't thank you enough Dr. Fischbein and staff for making my birth experience dream a reality.

|  Best obgyn out there  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

I met Dr Fishbein back in 1988 when I attended a women's clinic he gave his time to every Wednesday evening, I was so impressed that I then switched to seeing him in his office and paying out of my own pocket. He was very caring and understanding and took care of my problem in a most professional manner. You weren''t just a number to him, he genuienly cared. During every procedure he wade you comfortable and never rushed you like so many other drs do. He takes the time to listen to you and does not just brush you off with just try,that's normal etc. I will never forget in his office a card that he had framed that said Stuart basically thank you for saving my life! Another satisfied customer, anyone would be lucky to have him on their medical team!

|  This man is a sexual predator  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

This man has no conscience. Even after a conviction for havingnsex with a patient post surgery, he still manipulated me into having sex with him. This man is a sociopath. Stay out of his office! He will take advantage of you sexually, emotionally, and financially. Protect yourself. He willmtell you that the patient he was convicted for was his true love. This man loves nobody but himself, but he is extremely good at making you believe that you are the one for him.

|  Convicted of sexual exploitation of patient!  |  show details
by Junebug3 at Citysearch on Aug 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would give this doctor 0 stars if I could. No matter how could he supposedly is at his job, he was convicted of sexual exploitation of a patient and his 7 years of probation was denied because he did appear to understand his responsibility in the situation. Please take this into account before you visit this doctor. Y

|  compassionate man  |  show details
by birthlily at Citysearch on Jul 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fischbein was very compassionate and caring through my surprise pregnancy and difficult miscarriage. I will not forget his kind care.

|  Amazing doctor who will deliver breech  |  show details
by sara125 at Citysearch on Jul 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Fischbein!When I found out I was frank breech at 34 weeks, every other doctor in LA said I would have to have a c-section. While much of the world is now debating whether or not certain breech presentations are dangerous to deliver, most doctors will not deliver them due to of lack of experience and antiquated insurance requirements. Enter Dr. Fischbein. Here is a doctor who has actually been around long enough to be VERY experienced in vaginal breech delivery as well as many other supposed \"dangerous\" birth situations such as VBAC. Not only is he skilled and knowledgeable in less common types of delivery, but he works directly with midwives and other birth attendants to deliver babies safely at home or in a birth center.I felt extremely cared for throughout the final weeks of my pregnancy and throughout our amazing home birth. Everything went smoothly and we were overjoyed to have such an experienced physician attend our birth. Thank you Dr. Fischbein for letting our angel come into this world the way she wanted to!

|  Amazing doctor who will deliver breech  |  show details
by sara125 at Citysearch on Jul 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Fischbein!When I found out I was frank breech at 34 weeks, every other doctor in LA said I would have to have a c-section. While much of the world is now debating whether or not certain breech presentations are dangerous to deliver, most doctors will not deliver them due to of lack of experience and antiquated insurance requirements. Enter Dr. Fischbein. Here is a doctor who has actually been around long enough to be VERY experienced in vaginal breech delivery as well as many other supposed \"\"dangerous\"\" birth situations such as VBAC. Not only is he skilled and knowledgeable in less common types of delivery, but he works directly with midwives and other birth attendants to deliver babies safely at home or in a birth center.I felt extremely cared for throughout the final weeks of my pregnancy and throughout our amazing home birth. Everything went smoothly and we were overjoyed to have such an experienced physician attend our birth. Thank you Dr. Fischbein for letting our angel come into this world the way she wanted to!

|  compassionate man  |  show details
by birthlily at Citysearch on Jul 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  a great doctor  |  show details
by mspinkone at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fischbein was my back up doctor, but became my main doc as I was faced with a frank breech situation. I found him to be very supportive, and he educated me on all of my options without judgment. I felt very empowered and safe with him. Not many doctors take the time to tell you anything these days. Living in a lawsuit-happy country, I found him refreshingly honest and passionate about his life`s work, part of which is educating women and standing up for women`s rights. My husband and I felt lucky to have found him. And we have a healthy, beautiful, happy little 6 week old girl. I hope we are lucky enough to have Dr. Fischbein as our doctor the next time.

|  I highly recommend Dr. Fischbein  |  show details
by ThinkinMama at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fischbein was my \"back up\" doctor for my birth at a birth center. I went over my due date by two weeks and Dr. Fischbein was very supportive of my plans. He collaborated with my licensed midwife to create a highly skilled team of care providers that supported me. He gave me his advice and if I chose to go a different direction we was respectful. And when my 10lb baby was born two weeks \"late\" out of the hospital he laughed and said \"amazing\". I wholeheartedly trust his medical expertise and I feel that his willingness to speak out for the right to full informed consent only make him a better choice. I would have Dr. Fischbein as my OBGYN every time.

|  Incredible Doctor. Advocate of Women`s Birth Rights!  |  show details
by Heather Ann Schwarz at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

As a doula, a student midwife and as a woman, I can`t recommend Dr. Fischbein enough. When I had my second child I had a homebirth and needed a back up OB. I had already been a doula working with birthing women in hospitals at that point for 2 years and had unfortunately some pretty negative views on OBs. Upon meeting with Dr. Fischbein, I instantly relaxed knowing that he would not only support the birth plan that I had natural at home but would also provide me with great medical back up should a medical need arise. He trusted in my ability to give birth and was very reassuring. I knew that he wouldn`t needlessly intervene if we needed his help and care. Thankfully we didn`t.Many years later I find myself working side by side with as a student midwife. His whole hearted belief in woman centered care is inspiring. He practices with a deep trust of women and their ability to give birth naturally and normally without intervention. Yet he has the knowledge, expertise and skill to provide those interventions when they are medically necessary and needed. If you are looking for a doctor who is willing to actually listen to you and who will actually provide you with information before an intervention, then look no further. A supporter of vaginal breech birth, vaginal twin births and VBACs along with just normal natural birth.

|  a great doctor  |  show details
by mspinkone at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Such a blessing to Have Dr. Fischbein in Los Angeles!  |  show details
by RomyKRapoport at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

As a Childbirth Educator, Labor Doula, Pre-Natal Yoga instructor and Lactation Specialist I am so grateful to have Dr. Fischbein to recommend to my clients! Whenever a pregnant couple needs a referral, Dr. Fischbein is my first recommendation. He is incredibly knowledgeable, professional, respectful and gracious! His commitment to true informed consent is refreshing and what every man, woman and child deserves!I wish every pregnant mother could have an OB like Dr. Stuart Fischbein!

|  I highly recommend Dr. Fischbein  |  show details
by ThinkinMama at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fischbein was my \"\"back up\"\" doctor for my birth at a birth center. I went over my due date by two weeks and Dr. Fischbein was very supportive of my plans. He collaborated with my licensed midwife to create a highly skilled team of care providers that supported me. He gave me his advice and if I chose to go a different direction we was respectful. And when my 10lb baby was born two weeks \"\"late\"\" out of the hospital he laughed and said \"\"amazing\"\". I wholeheartedly trust his medical expertise and I feel that his willingness to speak out for the right to full informed consent only make him a better choice. I would have Dr. Fischbein as my OBGYN every time.

|  An Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Jacquelinelittle at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I work closely with Dr. Fischbein at The Sanctuary Birth & Family Wellness Center, a midwifery practice in west Los Angeles. I feel very fortunate to have him on our team. He is person of strong integrity, honesty and a superior practitioner. I have my Bachelors in Women`s Studies, and know through both scholarly study and experience the atrocities committed on women by a hegemonic medical institution. Stuart does not contribute to these atrocities he is a champion of birthing women, families and midwives. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

|  An Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Jacquelinelittle at Citysearch on Jul 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Best doctor I`ve ever known  |  show details
by AlisaD at Citysearch on Jul 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had the honor of having Dr. Fischbein back my mid-wife in 2000. I had a non progressive labor and was transferred. He met us there and was phenomenal. He knew exactly what to say, stayed with me, assured me and calmed me. He treated me with tender care and respect. I didn`t have a regular gyno at the time and so during my follow up appointment, I asked if he would be my doctor to which he answered, \"I would be honored.\" I have never forgotten that and he has provided me with tremendous care over the years. He always goes above and beyond. He is a doctor who truly cares about his patients. He found my cancerous tumor in `07, and again, I could not have had a better advocate. He assured me, he assisted in my surgery and was incredibly supportive throughout that difficult time in my life. He saved my life more than once and I am forever grateful to him. More than anything else, I trust him....with my health, my life, my child`s life. Best doctor I`ve ever had in my life.

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
by bfa3 at Citysearch on Jul 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been Dr. Fischbein`s patient for more than 20 years. He is an unbelievable doctor who is a trailblazer for alternative birthing. He delivered my child in January of this year - and I was not just happy about the experience, but I am grateful and lucky to have had him assist in the most important event in my life. I am not too concerned with the negative reviews - they seem a little wacky and certainly don`t reflect the doctor I have been a patient of for so many years.

|  Dr. Fischbein is an amazing doctor!  |  show details
by KatieMc at Citysearch on Jul 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Outside of this page of slanted, anonymous, slanderous reviews probably posted by the same person!, Dr. Fischbein has an EXCELLENT reputation in real life, both in his advocacy work and his medical service to families. He has championed women`s choices in where they birth, with whom they birth and how they birth. He is professional, courteous and self-sacrificing. I am astonished at the slander being thrown his way... those who post such things should be ASHAMED of themselves for their lies. I guess I shouldn`t be surprised... anytime a man courageously stands up for the rights of women, there are weak men who will tear him down.

|  Best doctor I`ve ever known  |  show details
by AlisaD at Citysearch on Jul 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had the honor of having Dr. Fischbein back my mid-wife in 2000. I had a non progressive labor and was transferred. He met us there and was phenomenal. He knew exactly what to say, stayed with me, assured me and calmed me. He treated me with tender care and respect. I didn`t have a regular gyno at the time and so during my follow up appointment, I asked if he would be my doctor to which he answered, \"\"I would be honored.\"\" I have never forgotten that and he has provided me with tremendous care over the years. He always goes above and beyond. He is a doctor who truly cares about his patients. He found my cancerous tumor in `07, and again, I could not have had a better advocate. He assured me, he assisted in my surgery and was incredibly supportive throughout that difficult time in my life. He saved my life more than once and I am forever grateful to him. More than anything else, I trust him....with my health, my life, my child`s life. Best doctor I`ve ever had in my life.

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
by bfa3 at Citysearch on Jul 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  super doctor  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2011

Great doctor...respectful to patients needs and desires with regard to delivery prefrences.Thank You Dr. Fischbein!!!

|  Example great place for good bread  |  show details
by patient20 on Feb 9th, 2010 on citysearch.com

What made it unique or special

|  Great doc.  |  show details
by mamale on Dec 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I had an Amnio done with Dr. FIshbein, I was scared because I didn`t meet him before.Dr. Fishebein is an excellent physician, He was so quick that I really didn`t feel much of a pain. This is my 2nd Amnio and the one I did before took longer and hurt a lot.I don`t think he`s credit as a doc should be influenced because of those rubbish posting people writing about. He`s a great Doc. and a great supporter of mid wifes which is a big big plus for an O.B...

|  Run From This Doctor and Practice!  |  show details
by loviem on Nov 25th, 2009 on citysearch.com

What a terrible, horrifying experience! Run from him and his office. Very dysfunctional man and practice.There is an article in the Ventura County Star local paper that I wish I had read before going to his office. Google him and you will find it. FYI.. He has 2 offices 1 in LA and 1 in Camarillo.

|  PROFESSIONAL PHYSICIAN!!!!!  |  show details
by Terri on Oct 27th, 2009

This doctor has been my physician for years. He is a kind and caring PROFESSIONAL! He supports a women's choice to (safely) give birth at home if she wishes. How dare someone post such filth about him on this site! He is a gentle soul who RESPECTS women not "prey" on them!!!! He is a family man who deserves respect as a professional serving our community. I have moved away from LA from time to time and ALWAYS return to his care for my health!

|  sexual predator  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

google his name

by acruzrn on Aug 13th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Stuart Fischbein is a sexual predator. I am a medical professional and it has been long known that he is unfit to practice medicine, especially as an OBGYN. If you have had an 'encounter' with Dr. Fischbein, report him immediately. He is currently on p

|  Fischbein is a Sexual Predator  |  show details
by acruzrn at Citysearch on Aug 13th, 2009 on citysearch.com

See his record with the CA Medical Board. Why this man still has his license is a mystery. Report him.

by TristansMommy on Jun 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by TristansMommy at Citysearch on Jun 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr.Fischbein was only my backup doctor in case something went wrong with my scheduled home birth. Of course through out the course of my pregnancy little things came up here and there that forced me to see Dr. Fischbein more often then expected. I have to say he really is a great doctor. He never scared me with doctor talk and was very positive yet cautious. He let me go as long as I possibly could before deciding I needed a c-section. He respected that I really wanted a natural birth, but knew when it was time to act. Any other doctor would have made me had one days earlier to make sure my labor wouldn`t have interfered with their weekend plans lol. He`s very personable and I think cares abour his patients.

Jan 29th, 2009

I recommend him to all my best friends- he's absolutely the best!

|  Great back up for my home birth  |  show details
by Chelsea S. on Jan 22nd, 2009

I used Dr. Fischbein as my back-up doctor for my mid-wife assisted home birth (in case anything goes wrong he would be my doctor at the hospital). After six days of back labor at home, we decided that it was time for me to transfer to the hospital. Our pre-natal consultation was very friendly and I was thrilled that he would be part of my birth plan. Unfortunately, Dr. Fischbein was out of town (I knew it was a chance he might be). But he had made sure that his back up doctor was aware of my birth wishes and that his staff was ready to receive me when I got there. I felt well taken care of. When I got pregnant with my second child, I didn't even think twice and I looked forward to seeing him again. I'm due to deliver soon and called him up to ask him a few questions about my breech presentation. He returned my call very quickly and made sure that I followed up with him in a few weeks. Con: I wish his hospital was closer to me.

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
by MsSKGumby at Citysearch on Aug 19th, 2008 on citysearch.com

June of this year I had a pregnancy that took a turn for the worse, and I owe my health, and the health of my son to Dr. Fischbein. My son was breech, and had twisted himself into a position so that his neck was dangerously hyperextended. My midwife sent me to Dr. Fischbein, who performed an ultrasound, then sent me to a specialist for a second opinion. A few days later my water broke, I developed preeclampsia, and he had to deliver my son by C-section 5 weeks early.

by MsSKGumby on Aug 19th, 2008 on citysearch.com

by jenna26 on May 27th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I feel compelled to write about the doctor who i left seeing as a patient several years ago. I do know he is no longer doing OB. He was a very well informed doctor and I truly feel he's good at what he does. If you are a woman looking for a good gyno and

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  keep looking  |  show details
by jenna26 at Citysearch on May 27th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I feel compelled to write about the doctor who i left seeing as a patient several years ago. I do know he is no longer doing OB. He was a very well informed doctor and I truly feel he`s good at what he does. If you are a woman looking for a good gyno and you`re past childbaring age or don`t need an OB, have a strong sense of boundries, in a healthy relationship..you should be just fine. IF you are young, attractive and impressionable, i`d say find another guy. Dr. Fischbein never asked me out, but his hands lingering on my thighs on the exam table AND the lengthy conversation he initiated about my dating life and the kind of guy i should be with as he went on to describe himself third person and his divorce was enough for me to go find someone else. I got confirmation for my odd feelings when I met a patient he`d slept with. Poor guy, he was like a kid in a cervix candy store.

by Kelly on May 19th, 2008

Delivered both of my children...he is the best! Always took the time to answer my questions and put my mind at ease. I have since moved, but wish I still had Dr. Fischbein for a doctor.

Mar 30th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Stuart Fischbein has been my ob/gyn for 14 years. He was the backup physician for my midwife delivered first child, delivered my second child in emergency conditions, and took care of me thru my 6-months of bedrest and teh delivery of my 3rd child. I have

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Worst gynecologist I`ve ever had  |  show details
by fishyvictim at Citysearch on Feb 22nd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I can`t even begin to describe what I went through with this practitioner. Most of the words required are prohibited here, although I have used them in describing my travails to good friends. He behaved in a weird, manipulative, and extremely unprofessional manner, to say the least. He was very condescending and dictatorial, and was more interested in his own agenda than in my well-being. His personality is somewhat erratic, and I have spoken to some of his other patients who have experienced what seemed like outright cruelty. Do yourself a favor.......go somewhere else.

by fishyvictim on Feb 22nd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I can't even begin to describe what I went through with this practitioner. Most of the words required are prohibited here, although I have used them in describing my travails to good friends. He behaved in a weird, manipulative, and extremely unprofessio

by Lindsay007 on Feb 17th, 2008 on citysearch.com

PLEASE READ: I have been a patient of Dr. Stuart Fischbein for eight years so when I read the testimonials below, I did some research on the matter. The testimonials are sensationalized and contain mostly false accusations. Clearly just another sad cas

|  The best OBGYN I`ve found in Los Angeles  |  show details
by Lindsay007 at Citysearch on Feb 17th, 2008 on citysearch.com

PLEASE READ I have been a patient of Dr. Stuart Fischbein for eight years so when

by FemalePatient36 on Feb 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Not recommended.  |  show details
by FemalePatient36 at Citysearch on Feb 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Horrible man. Avoid at all costs. Is known to have sexually abused some of his patients. Both of his ex-wives are said to be former patients. Sometimes is downright abusive toward female patients who fail to share his exalted view of himself. Extremely manipulative. On probation for sexually exploiting a patient in 2005. He has sock puppets who think he is OK, but I personally had a dreadful experience with him myself some years ago. Beware.

by stopabusiveobgyn on Jul 23rd, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr. Stuart Fischbein was convicted of sexual exploitation for having a sexual relationship with a patient who came to him (with her boyfriend!) The Medical Board of California is considering revoking his license. He is a known to philander with both pat

by elisec6 on May 12th, 2005 on citysearch.com

i felt very comfortable. i only had an hour lunch break and i was back to work on time!

|  great  |  show details