Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction
Cooper Surgical Associates
3740 W Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073
610-356-9410
Locations and availability (9)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 24th, 2014

I did not like the way Dr. Gordon treated his staff...if he can't even treat his own people well, it makes me worry about his ability to care for patients during a stressful surgery experience. He was very short, condescending, and did not make me feel confident in his ability to help me navigate through my surgery concerns. I would NEVER want him to be my surgeon.

|  Dr. Gordon is my hero!!!  |  show details
by Denise LaFlam on Feb 28th, 2013

I cannot express the feeling that comes from being a totally disabled person for nearly 20 years into a functioning person once again. I am recuperating from my second knee replacement in 4 months performed by Dr. Gordon. My first knee was completely disfigured and I was unable to walk at all.My pain was excruciating and my disfigurement caused much pain in my back and foot. It also caused more pain in the other knee because I was trying to support myself on my other arthritic knee. I was amazed at the outcome of the first procedure and within 12 hours of my first surgery had decided that I wanted to have the other knee replaced ASAP. Recuperation was easy due to the fact that the pain that I was experiencing during this period was still not as bad as the pain felt prior to surgery. Plans were made to schedule the next replacement. During this period, the other parts of my body fell into an extreme pain level and I was once again relying on walkers and canes to get around. The day of my second knee replacement was a rebirth for my physical being.Within hours of my surgery, I stood up and could have walked unassisted if I had been permitted. My first words were...Ï am even"". Meaning, for the first time in 30n yrs., my hips felt even and I did not feel the usual nerve pain that always preceded a collapse of my legs. I was able to walk up and down the stairs, take laps around the hospital wing with a walker and bend my knee with no resistance. This is nothing short of a mini miracle. My Physical Therapist said that he will never see this again. He has not ever seen this type of moment again and has to hold me back fromm doing things that I shopuld not be able to do for another month. Thank you Dr. Gordon. From the bottom of my heart. You are my hero. I cannot say enough about you, your staff and all involved in patient care. I am blessed to have been the recipient of your surgical excellence and afyter care.

|  Welcome to South Jersey Doc Gordon  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

Dr. Gordon (Flash) is new to South Jersey. He is a great guy and highly talented. It is obvious that he really enjoys taking care of patients. He uses a special pain program that kept me comfortable in my speedy recovery after hip surgery. Cooper was also super.....private room and caring nurses! A thanks....

|  Best In Philadelphia,  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

Forget the Rothman Institute.....Dr. Stu Gordon will take care of you like no other orthopod I have ever known!He loves his work and it shows.I will send all my friends to him. My knee feels great. Thanks!

|  great doctor!  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

very caring and warm manerism. loves to joke and laugh. makes you feel you're important to him.

May 6th, 2011

Dr gordon treats you as if you are the only patient he is seeing. The office is very busy but he always takes time to answer any questions and he is an excellent surgeon.

Apr 16th, 2011

made me feel very much at ease.after my hip replacement i was back to work in 3 weeks. i have had both hips replaced by dr. gordon and have never felt better.

|  E#sceptional  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

A skilled surgon with a caring manner. Explains in detail and spends the time necessary to make you comfortable.

Apr 12th, 2011

Great communication of my knee problem,and all avenues of corrective care options.Through explanation and visual of x-rays.Not pushy for a decision,and very easy to discuss all opions.

Apr 11th, 2011

Dr. Gordon did my total knee replacement on January 17, 2011. I am totally amazed with the results. He cares about the patient and takes the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. He has my respect and trust and I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic care. Also wonderful sense of humor and bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Gordon.

|  Dr. Gordon is the surgeon in Delaware County  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

I was shocked when Dr. Gordon informed me that at age 39 I would need a partial knee replacement. He then informed me that they were just starting unicondylar partial knee replacements and it had been a while since he did one. That did not matter to me I had the utmost respect and trust in him and I would not have had any other Doctor perform this surgery on me.

|  Highly skilled with Marcus Welby bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

I was reading Dr. Gordon's bio and obviously he has been educated at some of our country's finest institutions and medical teaching centers (Brown,Jefferson,Columbia-Presbyterian,Rothman Institute),but somehow he remains firmly grounded and consistently delivers old-fashioned personalized orthopedic care for his patients. No assembly-line "big box" or cookie cutter joint replacement surgery.He likes what he does and it shows!

|  Great experience for our daughter  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2011

Our daughter saw Dr. Gordon for several appointments for highschool and college injuries. She felt very comfortable and at ease. Dr. Gordon took the time to carefully and thoroughly explain the problems and treatment plans to her. All her fears, concerns and questions were answered;which,of course, put us, her parents, at ease also.

|  Born to be an Orthopod  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

Dr. Gordon's sense of humor is exceeded only by his consummate skill as a surgeon. He truly cares about his patients. He explains the procedure, the recovery details and is never too busy to answer questions. I've had a knee replacement, a hip replacement and torn rotater cuffs repaired.

|  Good Guy, Good Doc!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2011

Dr. Gordon never rushed me when I was explaining my medical history and he answered all of my questions in a patient and easy to understand way. He was excellent with answering my follow-up questions and discussing my caes with my family. Thank you Dr G!

|  THE BEST!!!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

for over 4 years I walked around with a limp and was told that I had a bulging disc, for which I had injections and was finally sent to a specialist who told me that, while I have back problems, that was not the reason for my limp and pain. I was referred to Dr. Gordon and within a week I knew I needed both of my hips replaced. I felt overwhelmed with the diagnosis, but Dr. Gordon made it very easy, explained everything and, at my request, agreed to do one operation and replace both hips at the same time. My experience was so easy and awesome, I can't even express my gratitude and just the feeling of having my life back. For the first time in 2 years I was able to walk the beach without pain on my birthday. Tears come to my eyes when I think of this man who truly cares about his patients enough to listen. He followed up with me after the surgery, when I had an issue, he came to the hospital to check on me, he called every day, and knew exactly what was going on with my care and progress. I cannot say enough about Dr. Gordon. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone, in fact, I have... and I would definitely return if I had another issue with any joints or anything that would fall into his expertise. I just can't say enough good about him... and NO, I'm not paid for this, nor have I ever met him before being recommended to him... I told him he gave me my life back, that may sound dramatic, but in my opinion, being able to walk without a limp and being able to stand on the beach in the sand is everything to me... something I could not do for a very long time.

Feb 20th, 2011

DR.Gordon did an excellent job on my knee replacement.Ihighly recommend Dr Gordon for anyone needing a knee replacement his service and bed side manner was excellent.Service from beginning to end was excellent.

|  top of the class  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

I had an emergency situation while Dr. Gordon was away. When he was informed about this by one of his partners, he actually phoned me at the hospital from a sky lift to see how I was doing. He phoned multiple times while I was in the hospital. How many doctors would do this??? Not too many I think. All this plus a wonderful sense of humor and top notch skills.

|  Truly a character  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

Dr Gordon is not only a unique,quriky, funny,caring Doctor.He is a skilled technician, great bedside manner. You are at ease from the first minute you meet him and know you are in very capable hands. Hip replacement was painless, ended years on pain when walking, and Doc made everything ok especially by instructing me as to what to expect and how to react. Would reccommend to anyone needing this surgery

Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Gordon is a very caring, funny yet highly skilled surgeon. he is always kind and very encouraging.

|  Dr. Gordon is unique  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

Not only is Dr. Gordon extremely capable and thorough, his caring extends through the entire surgery cycle. Example: he made a house call on a Sunday to check on a possible post-operative complication I was experiencing and we determined that it was unrelated to the work he had done. Nonetheless, he took responsibility by prescribing a corrective drug and went to the pharmacy with my wife to ensure that it was filled promptly and correctly. For 2 days, he followed up with personal phone calls to ensure that the "fix" was working properly. All of this with a friendly, positive attitude.

|  Top Doc  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

Dr. Gordon is in a class of his own. His sense of humor made me feel at ease. His knowledge and dedication to his craft was very reassuring. I have recommended him to friends and family alike, who all say the same thing--Dr. Gordon is the Top Doc!

|  The best!!!  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

Dr. Gordon is the best Doctor I have ever seen. He truly cares about you as a patient and you can tell he really wants to do everything he can to make you feel better. I wish Dr. Gordon was my family doctor!

|  good guy  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

meticulous and caring...good combination for a surgeon

|  Craftsman  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

If you are looking for a surgeon who treats patients like you were a member of his family,then Dr. Gordon is what you are looking for....no assembly line "big box" medicine with Dr. Gordon!Very down to earth and highly skilled

|  Superb clinician  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Dr. Gordon really took great care of me when I had my joint replacement surgery. Compassionate,good communicator, and responmded to my family well when they were concerned about me. I like this doctor!

by Frank Miazga on Feb 18th, 2010

Excellent Doctor I had my hip replaced back in 1995.Doing great.Dr. Gordon has an excellent bedside manner and is great with follow up care.A doctor with hands of gold.Frank Miazga

Nov 15th, 2009

If you can get past Dr. Gordons egotistical, self-absorbed personality traits and need an excellent surgeon, then this is the doctor you want!