Its tough to be high class when your white trashtrastth show details Its tough to be high class when your white trashtrastth
by Handsforlife on Jul 26th, 2016

The best thing was my therapy. This was my second surgery after a fall. The first surgery was done by jps. Right before my second surgery my hand took a turn for the worst. It went from contant pain to now unable to use it to even button my pants or put on a necklace. I was encouraged that my hand would be much better after surgery. I had hope. I never knew i had an appt the monday after surgery. All that weekend i had been being abused by a boyfriend at the time. I recalled dr telling me to call the office Monday to get a therapy appt. So i did. About noon. I was told rudely i missed my appt. I told them i didnt know i had one! I even told them i was being abused all weekend and wasnt feeling well. They didnt care nor will they remember. They scheduled me for my therapy almost two weeks after ! By then the scar tissue was forming. Beth was great. She knew her job well. She had to go out of town and left me with a temp which is understandable. But the temp made me a brace that was so bad in support that a mans sock could have more support than that brace. Needless to say the hand started swelling and in severe pain and bumpy from all the scar tissue. But whats worse is i was in pain and asked karen to push me for another week and sign my papers for my loa that week for walmart. I told her in the therapy room and left a msg and wrote her a letter to remind her. I later would go give Walmart my note to go back to work. A week later i still had not heard from work about my schedule. So i go up there. Im fired! Because i was supposed to come back the week of the 20th when karen was supposed to send in loa papers! So . Although i hate Walmart and since my pain is so bad from my hand still i couldnt be a cashier anyway. But i lost my insurance too! I was lucky to find another job quickly. But my pain is severe. If u took a knife and sliced my hand open the scar tissue would be like an aquarium angel fish. I could take a knife and slice it straight off and i swear it would look that way. Believe me when i say i WANT to slice it off . its WORSE than it was in pain and movement. I can button my pants and thats about it. I wish i never had this useless surgery. I would have been better off keeping the glass in it and the scar tissue wrapped around my tendon. Which by now, obviously it is. So its a bad experience. I got nothing out of it except the ex was so mean i finally got the abuser to move out. He tormented me the day after my surgery and it was time to stand on my own. But i kept hearing how I MISSED MY FIRST APPT. and as an ex dental asst we would have made a pt another appt quickly after surgery. But i felt the office did this to me as if to punish me. I am going thru dars and have now six more appts for therapy. But the damage is done. Im pretty sure the tissue is wrapped all around my tendon. If they break it off our patient dr relationship than that would be good. Just refer me to someone else. I mean did they even reprimand karen for getting me fired?!!! I doubt it! So watch out future patients. She might get u fired too . If i would have at least been acknowledged or SOMETHING I WOULD NOT be here telling my story. But they DONT CARE. Maybe its because im just white poor going thru a state program to help pick up some of my bills. But they are on the dars list for drs. But i feel like with me, MY LIFE DONT MATTER.

He is not veteran friendly show details He is not veteran friendly
by Tom on Nov 22nd, 2015

This doctor does not care for veterans. I explained to him that I was having hand pain, and I had seen VA docs. I told him I had carpal tunnel but they were taking to long to treat me. So I decided to do self pay. I was ready to pay him to have him fix my hand. He stated that he did not like treating veterans, and also he did not want to treat self pay patients. This guy is really greedy and is not a supporter of veterans. I hope he likes his freedom, because freedom is not cheap.

by Jean B on May 14th, 2015

Dr. Hilliard and his staff are warm, caring, friendly and top notch professionals. I had both hands operated on in 2014 (left thumb and right thumb CMC Arthoplasty). I could not have asked for better care, beginning with my diagnosis and ending with on site post-surgical OT.

"Treats Patients like he treats his own Family" show details "Treats Patients like he treats his own Family"
by Older Patient on Apr 2nd, 2015

Well, if his own family either has a LARGE Deductible and/or will have to pay for an O.V. out of their own pockets, guess he is willing to throw his own family "under the bus"! Office said he REFUSES to see any Self-Pay Patients... Greed over Patient Care does NOT impress me at all....

messed up my wrist show details messed up my wrist
by He does not know what he is doing on Mar 8th, 2015

I fell down and broke my wrist. All he did was put me in a splint. He called it a sprain. The pain continued so I went to go see another doctor in Decatur Texas. He did an xray and said I had a broken wrist. He put me in a cast for six weeks. I am fine now, but Dr. Hillard really does not know what he is doing. He is a quack.

Very bad doctor show details Very bad doctor
Feb 19th, 2015

Very bad doctor. He did surgery on my hand and now I can not use it. I lost my job because of his mistake.

He ruined my hand and damaged my nerve show details He ruined my hand and damaged my nerve
Feb 11th, 2015

Doctor Hillard damaged my nerve. He said after my surgery that my hand would be fine. It is not. It is worse. I have pain all the time now. He made my carpal tunnel worse. His practice name is north texas hand center but he is also under the hand and wrist institute. I called both the hand and wrist institute in California and they told me they did not know him. They asked the doctors working there and stated they did not know him. He must be using the name to help him look good. In reality he is not. Also when I was waiting to have my surgery. I overheard the nurses talking that he was in plastic surgery school but got kicked out because he could not handle the work. So the only thing he could do was hand surgery. He is a dangerous doctor that can ruin your hand. Think twice before going to see him.

Professional, compassionate and a great office staff! show details Professional, compassionate and a great office staff!
by Colleen Stanford on Jan 28th, 2015

My husband had an accident yesterday while using a grinding wheel! It was terrible! Dr. Hilliard's office got us in for an appointment VERY quickly and in no time we were being seen by the doctor. He was an amazing doctor and showed great compassion and professionalism while examining my husband and treating his injury. He explained everything to us and made us both feel comfortable and confident in his procedure. Not only was the doctor great, the office staff helped with our paperwork, answered my 100 questions about insurance and what I owed. I am critical of the customer service I receive at doctors offices and I look for a doctor with good bed side manner and a professional staff. I found both! My husband is healing well and if we ever need a hand doctor again, we will trust Dr. Hilliard.

Oct 12th, 2011

Dr. Hilliard was great with my son! We were able to get an appointment quickly and were very pleased with the whole office. He and his nurse were very kind and professional. I would highly recommend this practice for any hand/surgical needs.

Jul 30th, 2011

If you are having any type of hand problems needing surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Hilliard. My hand looks and feels great. Thanks Dr. Hilliard