inactive

Stuart M Hilliard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 26th, 2016
Its tough to be high class when your white trashtrastth
The best thing was my therapy. This was my second surgery after a fall. The first surgery was done by jps. Right before my second surgery my hand took a turn for the worst. It went from contant pain to now unable to use it to even button my pants or put on a necklace. I was encouraged that my hand would be much better after surgery. I had hope. I never knew i had an appt the monday after surgery. All that weekend i had been being abused by a boyfriend at the time. I recalled dr telling me to call the office Monday to get a therapy appt. So i did. About noon. I was told rudely i missed my appt. I told them i didnt know i had one! I even told them i was being abused all weekend and wasnt feeling well. They didnt care nor will they remember. They scheduled me for my therapy almost two weeks after ! By then the scar tissue was forming. Beth was great. She knew her job well. She had to go out of town and left me with a temp which is understandable. But the temp made me a brace that was so bad in support that a mans sock could have more support than that brace. Needless to say the hand started swelling and in severe pain and bumpy from all the scar tissue. But whats worse is i was in pain and asked karen to push me for another week and sign my papers for my loa that week for walmart. I told her in the therapy room and left a msg and wrote her a letter to remind her. I later would go give Walmart my note to go back to work. A week later i still had not heard from work about my schedule. So i go up there. Im fired! Because i was supposed to come back the week of the 20th when karen was supposed to send in loa papers! So . Although i hate Walmart and since my pain is so bad from my hand still i couldnt be a cashier anyway. But i lost my insurance too! I was lucky to find another job quickly. But my pain is severe. If u took a knife and sliced my hand open the scar tissue would be like an aquarium angel fish. I could take a knife and slice it straight off and i swear it would look that way. Believe me when i say i WANT to slice it off . its WORSE than it was in pain and movement. I can button my pants and thats about it. I wish i never had this useless surgery. I would have been better off keeping the glass in it and the scar tissue wrapped around my tendon. Which by now, obviously it is. So its a bad experience. I got nothing out of it except the ex was so mean i finally got the abuser to move out. He tormented me the day after my surgery and it was time to stand on my own. But i kept hearing how I MISSED MY FIRST APPT. and as an ex dental asst we would have made a pt another appt quickly after surgery. But i felt the office did this to me as if to punish me. I am going thru dars and have now six more appts for therapy. But the damage is done. Im pretty sure the tissue is wrapped all around my tendon. If they break it off our patient dr relationship than that would be good. Just refer me to someone else. I mean did they even reprimand karen for getting me fired?!!! I doubt it! So watch out future patients. She might get u fired too . If i would have at least been acknowledged or SOMETHING I WOULD NOT be here telling my story. But they DONT CARE. Maybe its because im just white poor going thru a state program to help pick up some of my bills. But they are on the dars list for drs. But i feel like with me, MY LIFE DONT MATTER.

November 22nd, 2015
He is not veteran friendly
This doctor does not care for veterans. I explained to him that I was having hand pain, and I had seen VA docs. I told him I had carpal tunnel but they were taking to long to treat me. So I decided to do self pay. I was ready to pay him to have him fix my hand. He stated that he did not like treating veterans, and also he did not want to treat self pay patients. This guy is really greedy and is not a supporter of veterans. I hope he likes his freedom, because freedom is not cheap.

May 14th, 2015
Dr. Hilliard and his staff are warm, caring, friendly and top notch professionals. I had both hands operated on in 2014 (left thumb and right thumb CMC Arthoplasty). I could not have asked for better care, beginning with my diagnosis and ending with on site post-surgical OT.

April 2nd, 2015
"Treats Patients like he treats his own Family"
Well, if his own family either has a LARGE Deductible and/or will have to pay for an O.V. out of their own pockets, guess he is willing to throw his own family "under the bus"! Office said he REFUSES to see any Self-Pay Patients... Greed over Patient Care does NOT impress me at all....

March 8th, 2015
messed up my wrist
I fell down and broke my wrist. All he did was put me in a splint. He called it a sprain. The pain continued so I went to go see another doctor in Decatur Texas. He did an xray and said I had a broken wrist. He put me in a cast for six weeks. I am fine now, but Dr. Hillard really does not know what he is doing. He is a quack.

January 28th, 2015
Professional, compassionate and a great office staff!
My husband had an accident yesterday while using a grinding wheel! It was terrible! Dr. Hilliard's office got us in for an appointment VERY quickly and in no time we were being seen by the doctor. He was an amazing doctor and showed great compassion and professionalism while examining my husband and treating his injury. He explained everything to us and made us both feel comfortable and confident in his procedure. Not only was the doctor great, the office staff helped with our paperwork, answered my 100 questions about insurance and what I owed. I am critical of the customer service I receive at doctors offices and I look for a doctor with good bed side manner and a professional staff. I found both! My husband is healing well and if we ever need a hand doctor again, we will trust Dr. Hilliard.

October 12th, 2011
Dr. Hilliard was great with my son! We were able to get an appointment quickly and were very pleased with the whole office. He and his nurse were very kind and professional. I would highly recommend this practice for any hand/surgical needs.

July 30th, 2011
If you are having any type of hand problems needing surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Hilliard. My hand looks and feels great. Thanks Dr. Hilliard