Dr. Gregory Hooks MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Columbia, SC

February 15th, 2017
NEARLY DIED BECAUSE OF DOCTOR'S EGO
Dr. Hooks belittled my symptoms. He refused to listened. He was absolutely sure he knew what it wasn't. I left my appointment without any treatment and went straight to the emergency room. The diagnosis was exactly what he said it was not; a life threatening illness. He wants all the money and will refer to specialist.

March 17th, 2014
I am very please with the care Dr. hooks has provided me. He listens and follows thru until a diagnosis is determined. His office goes the extra mile to see that I am comfortable and have had all questions answered.

January 12th, 2014
spent more time socializing than diagnosing
Dr Hooks spent more time discussing Gamecock football than my medical condition. I had a severe gastrointestinal disorder and was losing weight. He insisted I would get better in time. Meanwhile my weight dropped from 185 to 160 lbs over a 2 month period. I'm a 5' 10" male. I finally went to a specialist who diagnosed my problem immediately. The specialist siad I would not get better on my own and had to take medication for my condition. I gained back 10 lbs within a month after switching to the specialist and got back to my normal weight after 3 months. I don't blame Dr Hooks for not knowing what was wrong, but he kept taking my money and that of the insurance company when he had no clue. He should have referred me to a specialist!

October 15th, 2011
Dr Hooks is one of the kindest Doctors I have ever seen. He is very professional with a very human side.