A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stuart Kandel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stuart Kandel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stuart Kandel, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kandel graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo.
Dr. Kandel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Southside Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kandel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stuart N. Kandel practice?
Dr. Stuart Kandel practices Orthopaedic Surgery near West Islip, NY.
See West Islip Surgeons.