Dr. Stuart Montgomery MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 7th, 2015
Had ACL and miniscus done - worked just fine. No complications or issues - it's been a year. Answered all the questions that I had. Considered one of the best ortho docs in town. I'll take a successful and painless surgery/recovery over chatting any time.

December 29th, 2014
Excellent surgeon. Does not talk much though.

November 3rd, 2014
Dr Montgomery is a fantastic ortho. He is caring and thorough and has an excellent bedside manner. He even asks how he can make your medical experience better, upon hearing about previous experiences with other surgeons.

March 13th, 2014
Retired Merchant Marine
Poor. Is prone to dismissiveness and speaks too quickly. Turns to the door before I have finished asking questions. Under no circumstances would I allow a loved one to work with him.

May 21st, 2013
he doesn't know
broke a bone, they gave me pillsand a sling, my injury was work related, they did not seem interested. Was told if I were ypuger they may have treated my injury different. When asked about thism he was annoyed. I still have some pain, soreness, but he says I am 100%. I think 60-75% I would not go to him.

March 31st, 2010
Dr. Montgomery is the BEST!
I have seen Dr. Montgomery for a variety of orthopedic problems and have always appreciated the time he takes with me in both diagnosing my problem and suggesting conservative treatments prior to surgery. Given that he is one of the top sports medicine surgeons in PDX, I would have expected that he would have been quick to operate but he really seems to want the best long term outcome for me, rather than what he will make the most money on. I have referred him to both my mother and sister and they have also had wonderful experiences and outcomes from their surgeries.

February 3rd, 2010
Frustrating at best.
I felt completely brushed off by Dr. Montgomery and his assistant. I have been in pain for close to two months and he just now approved an MRI. Apparently you HAVE to go to physical therapy before you can get a diagnosis. Since approval, the MRI is taking upwards of 4 days to get scheduled. In addition, every time I call it takes two days or more to receive a call back. I still don't know what is wrong or why I am still experiencing pain. Every time they talk to me on the phone, I have to describe the same symptoms again. It's like they've never talked to me!