Stuart Oster MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

June 4th, 2015
Dr Oster is a very nice person he listens carefully to what his patients has to say I would recommend other patients to him .

January 24th, 2012
Poor customer service and accomodation
Receptionists are unaccommodating over the phone. Although he is only in the office one day per week, I didn't mind the doctor so much, but the inaccessibility to him has become an issue; that combined with careless staff has resulted in poor customer service. Express Scripts has been trying to get a response (via fax) for prescription refill from the office for 3 weeks. They contacted the office to initiate the process and faxed paperwork for approval the day before they knew he would be in the office. A week later they still have not received a response, and I am still without prescription for weeks now. I explained the situation to them and let them know that (most recently) E.S. faxed paperwork last week on Wednesday and that they just need to fax it back so that my order can be processed. Receptionists' basic response "I don't know what to tell you, he's not back in until Thursday, call back" and another "I don't have any prescriptions here, he must have it with him" and "I don't know, try the other office, I don't know what else to tell you, nothing's gonna happen until he's here on Thursday"He is qualified and knowledgeable and his nurses have been good, but the office staff and lack of concern for patient needs is comprising the overall service and rating. I've been without my prescription for almost a month now, and it is largely due to the lack of response from the office and the fact that the office contact info had not been updated. This process has taken far too long. I am looking for another doctor to avoid issues such as these. I've now spent a large part of my day trying to track down Dr. Oster so that i can get my prescription filled as soon as possible, but am still getting responses such as "I don't know what to tell you dear, except that he'll be in Thursday you'll have to wait until then." It's ridiculous after i've already been put off for weeks.

December 9th, 2010
angry doctor!
This Doctor has 30 years of experience and totally don't know how to be nice and professional to the patient. I have insurance, I had an appointment at 9 am, I finally got called in at 9.50, that was second time when I was there. Never gonna came back! for my results of exam I have to wait a month!!!! that's CRAZY!!!! for a month everything can happen! Doctor was unpleasant and didn't want to answer my questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 6th, 2010
Oster is a bad listener. Told me he won't test for certain things because it's "common and most women your age have it." Hard of hearing, and you have to argue to get what you need. Didn't read my test results correctly and almost scheduled a biopsy. At the end of the appointment I had to ask specifically for medicine because my friend had similar symptoms. He did not even examine me the 2nd time. Past his prime. AVOID.

July 11th, 2010
Thorough and Caring
I'm a 26 year old female with a strong family history of cancer. On my first visit to Dr. Oster he did a very thorough exam, found an abnormality, and had me referred for the proper tests the next day. Despite the odds of anything being seriously wrong at my age, he has followed the most aggressive diagnostic options possible, which is not something many doctors would do immediately.It's incredibly difficult in New York to find a doctor who really takes the time to understand their patients concerns AND has next day availability when you need him. I absolutely trust Dr. Oster and would recommend him without question.

October 21st, 2009
I am a 28 year old female and I really like Dr. Oster I think he is direct to my needs, I hardly ever have to wait for my appointment . In his office if you have a appointment at 12 thats the time your going in.