Dr. Stuart Davis MD Patient Reviews

2.6

January 31st, 2017
Major Pill Pusher
I have been seeing Dr. Davis for several years and I have grown tired of him always switching my meds and he has me on several all at the same time. 6 psychotropic meds at one time. I don't see how he can monitor all those meds at one time. He will not address my concerns about side effects and just keeps pushing more meds. He seems to be one of those doctors that prescribes whatever new drug is on the market. I am planning on finding a new doctor. ASAP.

May 20th, 2016
Very Disappointing
Overall, I was very unimpressed with Dr. Davis's general attitude and clinic staff. I always felt like he was rushing my through my appointments and never really listened to me. Also, he stopped taking my insurance one day out of the blue and I never received any kind of heads up or courtesy call from his office!

April 25th, 2016
He is nothing more then a money hungry moron who's staff could care less about people.

January 6th, 2016
made a bad situation worse
My son relocated to GA and saw Dr. Davis who immediately took him off medications that were working, quadrupled the dose of a sleeping pill, and put him back on a medication that he had previously had a bad reaction to. A month later he took him off one medication and wanted to put him on a new medication. It is my understanding/experience that one month may not be enough time to even see a drugs effectiveness. He seems very excited to prescribe brand new drugs. When my son told him that he wanted to start working with a counselor, Dr. Davis told him to hold off on that for a couple of months to see how the medication works - what kind of doctor would ever deny a patient seeking counseling? When my son returned home to visit, he was a complete mess, swinging from mania to deep depression. He is now on a suicide watch at an inpatient psychiatric hospital - and he has never been suicidal or needed hospitalization before. He is a criminal who has caused damage to many - I wish I had read all the awful reviews, rather than taking one recommendation. My heart goes out to all the people he has harmed, and I hope people continue to post reviews - I wish zero stars were an option. He needs to be stopped.

January 4th, 2016
Absolutely love Dr. Davis!

November 24th, 2015
Recently found out Dr. Davis has been overmedicating my daughter to the extent that is very dangerous for her health. Please use extra caution and get a second opinion if you use Dr. Davis. You trust the doctor who has the degree and background in their field, right? But, sometimes there are parental instincts that something is not right! Go with your gut instinct. I pushed one doctor before because of my motherly instinct and was proven right!!! First few appointments there was no or very minimal wait time but after a few appointments it was ALWAYS an hour or more wait. Not very considerate of his patient's time. But if you were late, they would charge you the full amount for the visit and even say they may not see you. Glad we found a new doctor that has my daughter's health in her best interest.

October 20th, 2015
It's all about the $$
No compassion. He comes across arrogant, and is downright rude at times. It felt like a public clinic where you are simply a number and a means to an end- money. Loves to push meds but doesn't explain why he chose the med & what to expect. Why he chose this profession is beyond me. I can't even give 1 star.

July 23rd, 2015
Best Doctor and Staff!!!
Excellent!!! Dr Davis has been the best doctor I have ever been a patient of. He has taken the time needed to get to know me both as a patient and person. He is very in tune with with my diagnosis and helping me with strategies to overcome my areas of challenge. India, his office manager, is exceptional, very caring and sensitive to your needs and taking care of the details for you. Before I started with Dr Davis, I had called several other doctors, trying to get an appointment which I so desperately needed. I would have to leave a message and none of them EVER called me back. I called Dr. Davis and spoke with India and explained my situation and how I needed to see a doctor ASAP. India was very responsive and spoke with Dr Davis and they squeezed me in. What a life saver! If you suffer from any mental illness you know how important it is to be able to see a doctor and get the professional help you need. Without it, terrible things can and will happen. Thank you Dr Davis and India!

July 16th, 2015
Bad doc

June 14th, 2015
a patient for over a year
He was the only Dr who accepted my insurance at the time so I stuck it out for a little over a year. The wait time is ridiculous! While I do believe medications can play a role in mental health, the amount of different kinds and the high dosages were causing more problems than they were helping. I suffer from dysthymia (low level depression) and panic disorder. I took a low dose antidepressant and a low dose anti anxiety medicine for 12 yrs prior to seeing him. They worked fine. He put me on 4 other medications on top of those and kept juggling them around until I was far worse off. I said I would no longer take them and let's just say that did not go over well. All the added meds were always the latest brands to hit the market and my insurance would not cover most of them. I've had a few good psychiatrists in my life but unfortunately I would not recommend this one.

January 29th, 2015
Steer clear
His wait times are outrageous. Once, I waited THREE HOURS & when I asked staff to reschedule for another day, they told me I would have to pay $100 for missing my appointment, that I had been waiting three hours for! When I complained to him about it, he asked "haven't you ever waited at a doctor's office before?" He's condescending, rude, and over prescribes and tells you not to question or google anything related to your own care. If you're a pill popper, he's your guy, I guess.

December 29th, 2014
Never in my life...
If you try to book an 8am appointment with the hope that since you're the first client of the day and he won't be running late... don't bother. I booked an 8am for a follow up appointment because I'm scheduled in for work at 8:45 every morning. Dr. Davis couldn't be bothered to COME IN TO WORK until 8:40. I've never seen someone in a professional setting be so completely inconsiderate of other peoples time. During previous visits, my wait time was NEVER less than an hour. I've never in my life seen anything like it. During the session that he was FOURTY MINUTES LATE TO, he proceeded to get an attitude with me when I couldn't accurately put into words how the new medication he prescribed me 'didn't make me feel like myself.' IT JUST DIDNT! I had called two weeks prior to my appointment asking to have my medication switched back to what I was originally taking and was told Dr. Davis would call me back... he never did. During the appointment I made the same request and he refused to put me back on my original medication and prescribed me something else. This was my fourth visit with him and absolutely my last.