Dr. Stuart Shafer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stuart Shafer?

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Stuart Shafer?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2017

Dr. Schaeffer wants to charge $50 for being 10 minutes late to an appointment I've waited on doctors all my life sometimes for hours and now this clown wants to charge me 50 bucks for 10 minutes

December 20th, 2016

RUDE

Doesn't listen. Only pontificates.

April 25th, 2016

pompus, arogant, unfeeling, useless

This guy was supposed to do a spinal tap on me, after waiting for about 2 hrs. he finally shows up, I've been lying on my side in prep all this time, and when he finally shows he doesn't even introduce himself, a nurse say's "ok the Dr.is here". He attempted this spinal tap 4 times and failed, why? because he didn't have my x-rays with him and kept hitting bone spurs !!!! I have never been in such pain all over my body, it was all for nothing, and he still billed me for $5,000 even though he accomplished nothing!!!

March 17th, 2016

Exc. VP

March 16th, 2016

1st Dr. Visit.

Doctor was very pleasant and courteous, Office staff was outstanding, this was my 1st visit so I really can't come to an accurate conclusion, but I liked everything from the 1st visit.

March 16th, 2016

This was my husband's first app't. We were aggravated by the long wait time in the waiting room but once in to the office we were very pleased with Dr. Shafer's manner, exam, and forthright information given. My husband will be following up with Dr. Shafer every three months.

February 29th, 2016

Arrogant & Abrupt

Arrogant, abrupt, fearful

October 25th, 2015

Would like more options offered regard my difficulty walking

August 22nd, 2015

Rude

February 26th, 2015

Don't waste your health, money, and time on this doctor!!

I spent forty five minutes in the waiting room before I spent almost two hours seeing Dr. Shafer's assistants before he finally came in the room, I had to introduce myself to him and then he shook my hand and said hello. He spent less than 5 minutes with me. No examination from him at all!! He read what his assistants entered into the computer, told me I needed an MRI and EEG. And may I kindly suggest he get his eyes examined since it was very, very obvious he needed glasses as he couldn't ready anything without blinking and squinting his eyes!! When I inquired about medication I was told to go back to my primary doctor because he doesn't give the medication I needed. I am just curious... why was I there? To see assistants? Obviously not to see the doctor! This doctor barely looked at me, and not at all when he was quickly telling me what tests I needed and exited the room in less than 5 minutes, closer to 4. This is completely unacceptable and shameful behavior from a (mistakenly in my opinion) and In my experience, some doctors do have their assistants get a description of your problems and why you are there, do some sort examination and then exits to talk with the doctor before the doctor comes into the room. However, I have never experienced any doctor who does no examination whatsoever and relies solely on everyone else's input and dismisses you and leaves the room. I've been to doctors that are the best in their field (by both their peers and their patients) as well as some that maybe weren't quite up to my standards and needs but at least they looked at me when they talked to me, examined me, gave me their opinion on what they would suggest comes next, told me when they would like to see me next and that they would discuss test results at that visit if the tests were normal and as soon as possible if they were not normal. They asked me if I had any questions and concerns, shook my hand while looking at me before exiting the room. I am not suggesting that this is a doctor who doesn't know what he's doing or has a horrible manner...I am SAYING he does!! For the privilege of seeing this doctor for less than five minutes I am quite positive I will be billed an enormous fee that will be well over the customary and usual fee and will be expected to pay the balance quickly and without protest. I would run away from this particular doctor as fast as you can. Forewarned is forearmed and in this doctor's case necessary!

July 27th, 2013

Waste of Time and $$

Unfortunately, he is the ONLY MS specialist on the Treasure Coast. I agree with other review that he is very pompous and condescending! He once told me that he sees 400 MS patients and that they all work which I know to be totally untrue as I KNOW the MS community in the tri-county area and know of only ONE MS patient that works seasonally full-time. He will spend at the most 5-10 minutes with you and he fires patients at will with no warning or explanation -- even those who follow his medical recommendations. He always wants too schedule you with his P.A. (who has NO nursing background or training). There are only 2 good things I can say about him - he will work with you on the fee (if you are a cash paying patient) and he is very intelligient.

June 25th, 2013

Horrible experience. Disinterested, arrogant and pompous. Spent very little time, seemed rushed. No caring or empathy. Spent majority of time facing the computer. Heartless and condescending.